Chapter Seven.

Bodyguard

Warning! Foul language ahead. 


As time passed, Jeonghan, Jisoo and Soji had grown as their own small family. Jeonghan always joked that Jisoo was a single dad who was working very hard to support the family, while the latter and Soji simply rolled their eyes at the ridiculous statement. 

Jeonghan had his comeback and was happy, until he found out his "girlfriend" was cheating on him and the reports had blown up in his face. It took over a week for Jisoo and Chori to calm the pressing questions to the idol. Soji on the other hand had to keep security tight  due to the reports and of course was mentally stabbing the person who caused it all. That Ahri.

It was a new day and Soji was already up and fresh for the day. She was walking out of her room when she heard sobs coming from the manager's room. Hesitantly, she knocked at the door and entered when a the small voice permitted her entry. She saw Jisoo all bundled up on his bed, tears pouring down his cheeks as he clutched onto a photo of a girl. She looked like she was in her teens, at least 17 years old.

"She's dead." Was all he managed to say before he fell into another fit of crying. 

Soji went up to him and wrapped her arms around his torso. He immediately clung to her as if he was getting away by some strange force. She let the elder cry for a few more minutes, his hair and telling him it was going to be ok. When he finally did settle down, he looked up at her with the most pain-struck expression ever. 

"I'll take care of Jeonghan while you're gone. Don't worry about anything. Go and see her while you still have the chance." She told him.

-

That night, the idol and bodyguard sent him to the bus station and wished him the best before returning home. Jeonghan was still completely confused about the situation and wanted to know deperately but he didn't want to pry. His manager had always been good to him.

"So it's just you and me for a whole week." He said when they were back home, eating dinner.

"It's not going to be easy, but i'll do my best." She said while playing around with her food. She didn't have much of an appetite. It felt like it ran away with Jisoo. 

The whole day had happened so quickly. After her little run-in with Jisoo, the manager explained who the person in the picture was before explaining the schedule to the duo, mainly to Soji because she was now incharge. His mood didn't change at all. He didn't seem happy, but he didn't seem sad either. They went to Jeonghan's live shows, radio broadcasts and finally back home. But his blank mood just didn't budge.

Finally when the time came, he gave the duo a weak smile and boarded the bus back to Ulsan. Back to where his sister's memories remained.

Soji felt the idol wrap his arms around her waist, burying his face in the crook of her neck. When was the last time Jeonghan had actually been without Jisoo. They were usually never apart for more than a few hours. Jisoo played the part of his father, his caretaker. Soji just had to match up to Jisoo's standards in order to keep Jeonghan sane, or his whole career would have toppled down faster than the speed of light.

Sighing, she wrapped her arms around him. "Everything will be fine. Jisoo will be back to his happy self soon." 

She could only hear sniffling and knew he had started crying. Without even knowing, tears were rolling down her cheeks as well.

-

The next morning, Soji woke up an hour before she usually did and got herself freshened up before proceeding to clean the house up. She was going to keep things running as smoothly as she could, so Jisoo could spend time with his family, rather than having to worry about his client's state. 

Quickly getting her hair into a tight bun, the bodyguard started picking the idol's dirty laundry from the floor. The night was a real mess. To the point they got drunk with no recollection of what happened. Well Soji didn't remember it, that's for sure. She then dusted the living room and was about to clean the floor when a Jeonghan waltz out of his room, one hand balled into a fist to rub his eye, the other use to wave at the slowly melting bodyguard. 

"Can you put some bloody clothes on! This isn't a strip club!" She yelled and threw one of the couch cushions at him. Looks like she was going to have to burn that.

Jeonghan pulled the cushion to cover his junk and started giggling. "We've been living together for 5 months now. You've seen me millions of times."

"That doesn't mean i want to see you , idiot." She scowled at him before turning to finish her cleaning. 

The idol stood in the hallway, watching his bodyguard clean for a while. She definitely earned the title of a good wife. If only she had actual feelings. Shaking those thoughts away, he walked back to his bedroom, his rear sticking out in all its glory just to piss Soji once more before he had to act like an adult for the day.

Breakfast was quickly devoured once it was made and the duo scurried out of the apartment for schedules. The day wasn't too hectic. Drama recording until 5pm, then he had to appear on a radio show until 8pm. She figured he'd want to eat take-out for dinner again since he was so used to it now. Hopefully nothing went wrong today.

-

"Ah good evening everybody! This is Donghyun, live from JM Radio station. Today we have two special appearances by two very special people..." The DJ droned on as the two waited in the green room. They'd arrive too early for the session and had to wait a whole hour before Jeonghan could go on, which pissed Soji to new heights since all she'd been doing was waiting. According to the lovely lady who came to serve them just now, there was supposed to be an appearance by a model before them. Soji could just hope it was a male model. Eye candy was hard to find these days. Jeonghan didn't really fit her profile anyway.

Soji was pulled out of her mental rant when she heard the girliest gasp ever, followed by her client scoffing. It didn't take an idiot to figure out who was there, and ding ding! She was the special appearance. 

"Who would have known i'd see you here... With her especially." Ahri made sure to emphasize on "her" which made the bodyguard roll her eyes.

"I'd thought by now you'd get it into your small brain that you'd always see me with him. It's my job." Soji shot back, adding a sickly sweet tone to her last three words before showing off her pearly whites in a sarcasticly sweet smile.

"Whatever Soli. Jeonghan, you could have done much better." She said before walking off, making sure to flip her hair for dramatic exit. 

Jeonghan didn't waste time and immediately planted himself beside Soji, an arm wrapped around her waist and his head resting on her shoulder. "Of course i did better than her, what is she talking about." 

Soji couldn't resist laughing at his statement and ruffled his hair. He was such a baby sometimes, but that's what made him the person he was today. That's what made him so desirable by the public. He was different. Soji only realised it when it was too late. She had fallen for him too.