Chapter Six.

Bodyguard

After sending Jisoo to the office, the duo made their way downtown to watch a movie. Jeonghan had been so excited for it until Soji started complaining about having to wear a "stupid disguise". Jeonghan reasoned that if fans saw him alone with her, they'd start spreading rumours about them dating and none of them really wanted to get stuck in that circle.

The cinema was really empty, save for a few young couples. Afterall, the movie Jeonghan picked was based on romance. Soji still didn't know why he chose such a theme when he had a "girlfriend" to watch these kinds of movies with. Why did she have to suffer the fluffiness of stupid love stories. Why her?!

"We have the seats right in the middle, but we could move to the back if you wanna make out during the movie." Jeonghan said and quickly moved to the side in order to dodge Soji's fist. She rolled her eyes at him and walked to their assigned seats, then dug in for the popcorn. The idol couldn't help but chuckle and took the seat next to his bodyguard. 

The movie soon started and Jeonghan notice that Soji was quickly engrossed in the movie. He tried to watch it but he always turned to look at his bodyguard's reaction. Her face reminded him of the day before when she was completely engrossed in that game Jisoo showed her, except this time she didn't crinkle her nose in annoyance when Jeonghan made her lose.

The idol slowly inched his hand closer to the bucket of popcorn and waited til Soji had stuffed her hand in before reaching in as well. The girl squeaked. Actually squeaked and then procceeded to snarled when she saw it was only Jeonghan's hand. She grabbed a hand full of popcorn and glared at him before looking back at the screen. Jeonghan just laughed quietly and continued to stare at her. 

Just anytime now, she'd look over with that look of annoyan–

"Is there something on my face or have you made it your hobby to stare at me whenever you can?" Soji whispered, eyes shifting to look at him.

There it was.

"Hm, no. I thought there was something on your shoulder. Turns out there's nothing." He grinned and turned away from her glare. 

After half an hour of peace, Soji felt Jeonghan's arm drape across her shoulders and nearly flipped her until Jeonghan looked at her with a look that said "Just go with it". Finally giving up on trying to reject her client's advances, she relaxed into his touch and looked back at the screen.

The movie was about a hopeless couple who was never destined to be together, yet they conquered all challenges to keep each other by their sides. Typical love story, but the bodyguard still couldn't help shed a tear at the end of the movie. Of course, Jeonghan immediately went over to for getting so emotional over love. 

"I can't believe you cried." Jeonghan started after they exited the hall. "Oh man, this will be a great story to tell Jisoo." 

Before Soji could rage at the idol, a group of girls approached them and demanded for pictures with the male. Jeonghan quickly gave in and found a less crowded space to entertain his fans, while Soji observed the crowd from a safer distance. 

During training at the academy, they were not only taught how to defend celebrities, but also people of parliment. During her celebrity defence classes, the young bodyguard was educated on how fangirls were on the top list of dangerous people. Soji had just rolled her eyes at the time, but grew to learn that teenage girls who were passionate about something that much, were completely insane.

Soji was snapped out of her memorial trip when she saw Jeonghan struggling to loosen out of the crowd. She sped walk over and grabbed the idol's arm before pulling him behind her. 

"Alright, sorry ladies but Jeonghan has things to do so we'll have to cut this meet & greet short." The bodyguard warned and gave them a small smile before walking away. 

She wasn't able to get that far before she felt a kick to her back and staggered forward. Slowly regaining posture, she turned around and smiled so menacingly, Jeonghan thought he'd die just by looking at her. Her eyes landed on the girl closest to her, she was the futhest away from the group, while the rest of the girls just looked at the culprit in awe. 

"Is there a reason why your filthy foot came in contact with my back? Not to mention your "oppa" bought this dress for me and now it's ruined." Soji asked, her teeth gritting together as she finished her sentence.

The girl who swung her foot just stared at Soji. Her features were changing more to fear now that she realised how powerful the person she kicked actually was. If a girl could scare someone with just a smile, imagine what she could do physically.

The girl muttered a small 'sorry'  before bolting out of the theater lobby, leaving the rest of the girls behind, who were still very much in awe. Soji just nodded at them and dragged continued her then interrupted exit from the theater.

The journey home was too quiet for Jeonghan's liking, but after the scene in the cinema, the idol couldn't bring himself to annoy Soji. The bodyguard just stared out the window, not wanting to make a single peep.

When they finally arrived home, the duo thanked the driver and went up to the apartment. Soji wasted no time in getting their lunch delivered to them and Jeonghan decided to take a shower. Watching all that -kicking go down really made him tired.

"Do you wanna stay at home for the rest of the day?" Soji had asked him when he finally came back from his shower.

"Well there's nothing to do at home, but i'm worried you'll get upset if we go outside again."

The bodyguard squinted at her client before shaking her head. 

"If you wanna go out again, it's fine. I'm fine with it." 

Jeonghan sighed and walked over to his bodyguard, taking a seat next to her. He rested his head on her shoulder, which took Soji by surprise. 

"I know you're my bodyguard. I know you were taught to serve and not to want, but sometimes you need to think for yourself." He started off. "What do you wanna do this time? Shopping again? Amusement park? Han river?"

Soji looked at her client with a shy smile then dropped her gaze to the ground. "Let's go shopping again then. I feel like i could use a few more dresses for my collection." 

It only took that smile to know the wall had been broken. Jeonghan finally saw Soji for who she was.