Chapter Two.

Bodyguard

"So this is your apartment. If you need anything, we live right there." Joshua pointed to the door across the hall before continuing. "Jeonghan usually wake's up 8 hours after going to sleep so when he gets home you can go to bed and wake up 8 hours later. Unless he has something else planned though." 

"That's fine, i usually just sleep 5 hours a day anyway." Soji cut in.

"Right. Also we would like if you could eat at our house instead of alone at home. But if you have something against that it's fine. We just thought it would strenghten the bond between bodyguard and client."

"I would love to eat over. Is that all?"

Joshua looked down at his list and scanned the words before looking at the girl. 

"Ye...yes. Goodnight Soji! Sleep well." 

"You too." She said before they both walked into their own homes.

Soji POV.

I wasted no time in unpacking my luggage. I didn't have many belongings due to the fact that i had been at a training facility for the past 4 years. I only brought the small bear i got when i was a child and my clothes. I still had to shop for some new clothes since my current pieces screamed terrorist in general.

Tomorrow was the start of my new life and i had to be prepared. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like Jeonghan trusted my services or skills for that matter. My mother said not to worry though. Just do my job and prove him that i can do it from there.

In only a few minutes, i had unpacked, showered and was all ready for bed. Until a knock was heard.

"Hi. I just had some things to talk about before sleeping because i need some type of hope to hold on to. So if you have a moment?" 

None other than Jeonghan.

-

Soji let her visitor in and motioned for him to sit down in her living space. It was pretty empty, save for a couch, a chair and a coffee table. She didn't really need stuff in her new home anyway. She took a seat on the chair opposite to him after getting him a glass of water.

"What exactly do you want to talk about Mr. Yoon?"

"Uhm, please. Call me Jeonghan. And i'd like to get to know exactly how you're going to defend me from the crazy fangirls when you're so... Tiny." 

Soji scrunched her nose. Tiny? Sure she was, that didn't mean people had to insult her about it.

"Mr. Yo–." She stopped herself. "Jeonghan. I understand that when Chori said she would give you a bodyguard, you would have expected someone larger in size, probably with different s that i have. I don't want us to have any problems, as i'm here to do my job. I don't need any distractions and i don't need any friends. I don't need your opinion on my size or capability, i know my own strenghts. Find yours."

The statement left him in a total state of shock. Only Joshua and Chori spoke to him like that. No one else would even dare to say that to him. He knew his own strenghts.. Of course he did. If not he wouldn't be who he was today.

"Sorry for coming. I look forward to working with you." Jeonghan said and stood up, flashing a quick, guilty smile before rushing out of the apartment.

Soji took the moment to breathe. What came over her? She didn't exactly know. She sighed and retreated to her bed, where she layed restlessly for hours.

Breathe. Control your emotions. Don't let anyone know how you feel. 

-

Joshua POV.

"Goodmorning Soji! So nice to see you so early in the morning." I flashed a smile at her once she stepped into the apartment. I had just woken up when i heard a knock on the door, which gave me the thought of perfect timing. If she could be at the door this hour every morning i'd have nothing to worry about.

"It's nice to see you too, although, i guess the look on your face suggests you just woke up?" She commented, bringing her hand in front of her face to chuckle. It was a cute trait she had and I had already noticed it.

"Is the pretty boy still asleep?"

"He went to sleep pretty late last night. I think he was on the phone with his mother."

"I see. Well then i guess i'll just wait here then. What's the schedule for today?"

I quickly rushed off to my room to get the schedule and almost slid back out. How could i have forgotten?

"Alright. Schedule for today. He has practice from 10am to 3pm, followed by a fansign at 5pm. His evening from 8pm is completely empty, so i'm assuming he wants to go for a fancy dinner with his "girlfriend". You'll have to accompany the couple there, as unfortunate as that sounds and drive him back home when he's done. I'll be at the office after his practice is over and i'm not sure when all my work will be done, but just make sure he's in his apartment by midnight or i'll get into a lot of trouble."

I could tell Soji was starting to get confused by all the information, the way her eyes would just go from me to her lap. As if to process the information. She was also scrunching her nose up a lot.

"I can do that, you just go settle your stuff at the office, we'll be home ASAP after his "date". Who is his girlfriend anyway?"

"Well they're not really dating but management said to fake it.. Uh.. He's "dating" the diva Ahri. Just sit at a table beside them or something, i'll make arrangements if you want."

"It's fine, thank you Joshua." 

With that i walked off to wake the sleeping beauty for schedules.

-

Jeonghan POV.

"Sometimes i feel like i'm locked in a cage. You keep me awake for your own play. Why do you hurt me so much, is it part of loving or not?" 

"Okay. That's good Hannie, take 10 and then we'll finish this up quickly." Kwanghee instructed me and i walk out of the booth.

I made my way to the refreshments table and took a seat next to Soji. She hasn't spoken to me since yesterday's incident. Well not properly. All she said today was literally; "Goodmorning" "Let's go" "Lead the way" and "I'll just wait here". I did regret what i said yesterday, but sometimes words slipped out of my mouth. Which isn't good considering it could cost me my celeb status.

"Why are you staring at me."

"I'm. I wasn't. I wasn't staring..."  I puffed my cheeks up and continued to drink my water. Tiny people were scary.

"What are your plans for tonight?" I suddenly heard her say.

Was she asking me? Miracle? Did a miracle actually happen? I took in a breath and turned to look at her, she was still staring at her phone, and it was still off.

"I don't think i have anything i want to do." I stopped before taking a moment to think. "How about we go for dinner tonight?"

She flinched slightly and turned to look at me– Uh glare? That's the word yea. She looked hesitant before speaking.

"I'm your bodyguard, not your girlfriend." 

She turned back to her phone.

"Don't you think it'll help our bodyguard slash client relationship then? I mean i know we don't get along well already, but why don't we just try to be friends? I'm sorry for saying something so ignorant yesterday, i didn't mean it." 

There was nothing but silence for a few moments, which felt like forever, before i heard her mutter the words "fine".

Mission accomplised.