chapter 9

Memoirs Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 9. Lazy Sunday with Three Flavors




Jessica lay on her bed reading a book. 


She twist and turned…. 


“Geez Im bored.”


She went to the window and looked outside. 


“The weather is nice. I need some fresh air.”



Jessica couldn’t help but think of possibilities in her head.
What if’s filled her mind… 
 

What if Krystal is right. Maybe I shouldn’t live like this. What if Tiffany can still accept me even though she don’t remember anything. What if she… aish.




Jessica wore her cardigan and took a stroll down the park. 



This is the first time she started to admire the beautiful and calming presence of nature. 


Everyone at the park seems to have a business of their own. 


The world is so busy. 


But Jessica remembers that when she’s with Tiffany, the world around them doesn’t exist. 


Jessica could only see Tiffany and to her eyes there’s no one else she’d rather look at for her entire life. 


They said love alone won’t support a life but for Jessica, life has no meaning without Tiffany. She was existing but not living. 


Jessica laughed at the thought… “it’s really odd how Tiffany ended up going to our school again. She left for a year then came back, she could have stayed there for good. But why did she come back? Maybe God loves me more than I think because He knows I can’t live without her. Even though she doesn’t know me anymore, I’m more than happy to see her every day. “ 



Jessica giggled. 


Jessica stroll some more until she reached downtown. 


There were a lot of stores where they used to hang out a lot. 


“Maybe Tiffany would like to go here again with me? Hehe She might like to see this, she loved going here before. Maybe she’ll like this place again? Hmmm should I call her?” Jessica having hopes to spend more time with Tiffany.

Jessica has an idiotic grin on her face while walking. 


She suddenly stopped at an ice cream parlor. 


“Whoaaa… buy one take one free?? (sigh) I wish she’s with me now? Should I really call her? Hmm she might be busy and she has an injury.. all thanks to me.” 


She was really disappointed at herself. 


Jessica can’t help but blame herself for causing Tiffany to suffer from an injury.


“I won’t be enjoying an ice cream eating it alone.” Jessica pouted at the wonderful display of mouth-watering ice cream.


All the flavors of ice cream she could think of, was there. 


Something on the menu caught Jessica’s attention and her eyes sparkled.

 

~*~*~~*~*~


ring ring ring….. 



Yuri answered her phone, ” Hello?”


“Hi Yuri, this is Tiffany.”


“Oh hey Fany, what’s the matter? By the way, thank you for setting me up with Yoona, we had a wonderful night.” 


“No problem Yul, im happy for you two. Don’t ever make my cousin cry or else. Hehe You are so slow for a player, you couldn’t even ask her out when she’s already your classmate. Tsk tsk”


“Haha don’t tease me.. HEY!! IM NOT A PLAYER. Did you call just to bug me?” 


“I almost forgot, Im calling because I wanted to ask how can I make the body pain go away faster? We have classes tomorrow and I can’t even sit properly. Every inch of my body hurts.” 


Yuri laughed out loud… which sends mild irritation to Tiffany. 


“I thought you were some pro in soccer already, why are you complaining?”


“Yul, Im not complaining. Im merely asking for remedies. Aigooo “


“Just kidding Fany~ah… you could either use hot or cold compress. Apply that to the part which hurts. Im sorry Fany-ah I have to go. I have a date with Yoona, we are going to see a movie. Wanna come? I could ask Jessica for you so we could have a double date.”


“whahahahha you already have a second date with Yoong? Gosh, I take back my words for calling you slow. Hmm I would love to but I don’t know if Jessi will be okay with that and my body hurts like crap. I don’t want to look funny besides I don’t want her to know my foot is fine.”


“Hmm you are playing damsel in distress huh?”


“Yep and Jessi is my hero.” 


They both giggled over the phone. 


“Well, I got to go now. I need to prepare.”


“You are overly excited, it’s too early.” 


“I know, bye now~”


Yuri didn’t waste another minute and hanged up. 


She immediately ran to the bathroom to take a long bubble bath. 


Tiffany sighed over the short phone call. 


She was all alone in the house and she’s not used to being by herself. 


Jessica was always there to accompany her and she never had the time to be lonely. 


Tiffany sat at the couch and turned the Tv on. 


She browsed channels randomly not really watching, barely listening too. 


She got caught up with the emptiness she feels.


How I wish Jessi… 

Tiffany got startled when the doorbell rang. 


I wasn’t expecting anyone, who could that be? 


Tiffany went to the door and opened it slowly. 


A slim tall girl popped her head.


“Annyeong cousin,” Yoona smiled widely.


“Yoong,” Tiffany was surprise by her cousin’s sudden visit.


“May I come in or do I stay here outside?” Yoona put on her sarcastic tone.


“Oh sorry come in.” 


“Unni, your foot!!” Yoona stared at Tiffany’s foot. 


“My foot is fine…” Tiffany sat on the couch.( Indian sit) “but don’t tell Jessica, I’ll be pretending to be injured.”


“Why? But then you’ll be missing soccer training with her.”


“Pfft, who cares about training when I can have her baby sitting me?” Tiffany sticks out her tongue. 


“Nice plan unni, I’ll support you. By the way unni, I came here to tell you---“


“That you have a date with Yuri again tonight??” Tiffany finished the sentence for Yoona with an additional emphasis on the word ‘again’. 


“How’d you know? Did she tell you about our date last night?”


“Nope, I just called earlier. But pls cous you have to tell me every detail about your date last night! Come on spill.” 


“We went to a fancy restaurant, it was awkward at first but then she played the cello and sang. Did you know she even composed that song so she can tell me what she feels—“


“WOW she confessed with a song?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter