chapter 13

Memoirs Of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13. Unraveled




It had been 2 weeks now since Jessi stayed over my house. She is busy with soccer while I concern myself with decisions my brain cannot analyze very well. (sigh) Jessi how do I tell you? 


Tiffany bothers herself with thoughts of how to tell Jessica the reason she went to America and vanished like a bubble from her lover’s life. Things weren’t easy for the both of them, Tiffany felt like she could never reach Jessica again and no one would be waiting for her even if she comes back. Jessica felt twice the pain because she was left behind and without anything to hold onto but memories. 



“Tell me when you are ready,” the sentence kept repeating itself inside Tiffany’s brain. The last sentence Jessica told her. 



Up until now they haven’t spoken. Jessica was afraid to rush Tiffany while the latter was still looking for the right words to tell---



Buzzzzz 



Tiffany’s cellphone vibrated. 


She picked up without looking at the caller’s id.


“Hello?”


“Tiff, it’s me,” 


Tiffany felt her tongue caught by a cat and cannot utter a single word.


“Come out, I'm outside your house.”


Tiffany looked over the window and immediately grabbed her coat and ran outside. She dashed out of the door and Jessica greeted her with open arms… hug. 


“Tiffany, it’s almost Christmas. I want to take you somewhere.” Jessica broke the embrace which Tiffany could wish to stay in forever. 



Jessica drove somewhere which is all familiar with the both of them.


“You remember this park?” Jessica asked.


“Of course, this is where we used to play after we ate ice cream for that shop,” Tiffany pointed the ice cream parlor nearby.



With a giggle, Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s arm, “Jessi, I’ll buy you ice cream.”


“Okay,” the other said smiling.

They walked but all of the sudden Tiffany changed expression, “go on Jessi, ask me.” 


“Ask you about-?”


“About why I-I , about why I left,” Tiffany said firmly after moments of hesitation.



“If it’s too much trouble for you then im not forcing you to tell me.” 



Jessica cupped Tiffany’s face, tears b on her eyes.



“We are okay now, Jessi. I’m afraid if we talk about those things we might get hurt again. I just want us to catch up with laughter and—“



Jessica hushed Tiffany, “shhh now, don’t cry. Let’s go get that ice cream now okay?”


“But Jessi, I want to tell it to you right now. And I want to be okay after I tell you but I know we wont be. You’ll get mad at me. Jessi” Tiffany cried even harder and Jessica embraced her tightly. 



“Honestly, I am afraid of what you might say but I am willing to understand how dumb the reason might be. You were just going to clear things out and it’s not worth over a fight Fany.”



“Even how dumb it is? You promise you wont get mad?” Tiffany pouted.


“I promise,” she held out her pinky. 


They sat on the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter