CHAPTER 7

10 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7:

They stayed frozen on their spots for a while, looking at each other eyes with flushed cheeks and many question on their minds.

First of all what was Mark doing here?

Second of all how was connected with Mrs. And Mr. Kim family?

Mina had the most questions, but Mark had the answers.

Mr. Kim was the one who snapped them out of their shocked state.

“Mina you came? Come in? He offered politely.

Mina looks at Mr. Kim confused and when she finally proceeded with what he was saying she stepped in, put off her shoes and left them at the side. Still shocked that Mark was standing in front of her.

They were standing like idiots in the middle of the corridor, watching the couple running here and there like crazy. Doors were opening and closing, some shouting here and there, a lot of struggling. Jaehyun was standing next to Mark with the same clueless face.

“Go sit in the living room we will come and talk to you in a minute.” Mr. Kim said in a rush while buttoning up his shirt.

The three of them obediently followed his order and sat at the living room waiting for the couple to get ready and talk to them. 

Still Mark and Mina didn’t say anything. Like they could. Mina was red as a tomato and Mark was trying to calm his head down. An awkward silence was filling the room.

Finally Mr. and Mrs. Kim came into view.

Mrs. Kim cleared her voice and spoke.

“As you already know we are going to be away for three whole days. I explained to Mark the situation and he already knows about you being the babysitter of my Jaehyun. As you can see Mina, Mark is the relative I was talking about earlier. He is actually my younger brother and I asked him to help me out. He is attending the same university as you and he is majoring in Math, his strong point.” Mrs. Kim winked at Marks direction, which Mina found pretty cute. Mrs. Kim cleared her voice and continued with her professional face and voice.

 “As I said earlier this morning I want you to help Mark take care of Jaehyun. He is going to sleep here and I want you to come here for the next three days and help him out, because that kid.” She stopped and showed Mark. “He is not that good with children and I don’t want anything to happen to Jaehyun while we are away.” She stopped took a big breath and looked at us with a look that was saying if anything happens to my kid you are dead.

Shivers run down Mina’s body just by her look.

“Okay I will help as much as I can.” She reassured with a strong voice to make sure that she didn’t leave Mrs. Kim any doubts.

The next who continued with the whole speech thing was now Mr. Kim, who decided to continue instead of his wife.

“I don’t want anything to happen to Jaehyun. I want to make that clear to the both of you! We are going to leave money up there.” He showed the small table near the door where a white envelop laid there. “I think the money is enough to last you for three days. If not contact us and we will do something about it. I am going to say it again if anything happens to Jaehyun then…” He looks at us dead in the eye.

We looked scared toward his direction. Mrs. Kim saw our pale faces and decided to lighten up the mood.

“You don’t have to scare the kids honey” Mrs. Kim cut her husband off, while looking at our scared faces. “They are going to be careful. I know they will. Moving on Mina you know how to cook and where everything is right? The first aid kid is in the bathroom in the first cabinet on your right ok? And if anything happens give us a call. Okay?” Mrs. Kim strict yet gentle voice warned us.

“We totally understand” Mina’s and Mark’s voice was heard inside the apartment.

“Look at the time! We have to hurry up and go!” Mrs. Kim said to her husband.

The couple bid to Mina and Mark goodbye and then they kissed and hugged theirs son for a couple of seconds. They told him to be obedient and nice and not trouble his uncle and baby sitter.

By three o’clock the only residents inside the luxurious apartment were Mark, Mina and little Jaehyun. They looked at each other clueless of what to say and do.

Mina decided to speak… to Jaehyun.

“Jae” Her nickname for him. “Have you eaten lunch yet, do you want me to prepare something for you? She has bent down to be at his height. They say that bending at a child’s height and talk to him while looking him in the eyes it can help them understand you better, than talking from you actual height difference.

The little kid opened his mouth and Mina saw that his was missing one of the front teeth. How cute!

“Yeah! Mommy cooked me a delicious food of pasta and I ate all of it.” He said with a big gummy smile.

“Oh really ok!” Mina answered with a smile too. “Oh Jae you are missing a tooth!” Mina said full of excitement.

The kid’s smile vanished and a frown made its way to his face.

“Mimi.” His nickname for her. “I took my tooth out yesterday. The dentist did it!” And the poor kid told Mina the whole story of how he got his tooth removed by the dentist.

Mina totally forgot about Mark who was sitting behind them and saw the exchange of the two, while smiling at them especially Mina. Mark couldn’t contain his happiness.

He was going to be with Mina for three whole days.

And he didn’t like how Jaehyun was taking up all of Mina’s attention.

Perfect 5 minutes alone with the kid and he became his enemy.

He coughed and caught their attention.

They looked at him with questioning eyes.

“Um…” He started. “Since you ate…” He stopped. Why was he nervous in the first place? “Do you want to play video games?” He said with one breath and a mischievous smile.

If he can’t have Mina neither Jaehyun can!

The little boy gave his uncle a really big smile bigger that what Mina expected.

The two adults looked at each other eyes and felt their cheeks get hot.

“YESSSSSSSS” Jaehyun’s high pitched scream made them look at the little monster running inside the house. They run behind him mostly because the kid was reckless and they were afraid that he was going to hit him shelf.

Mark sat down next to the kid and Mina sat in the couch behind them.

“What game do you want to play?” Mark asked a bit concerned of the kid’s choice he was only 6 years old after all.

“Let’s play this one with the cars.” The kid replied while showing him the game.

Mark thought why not. The game was good enough and he wouldn’t get bored anytime soon.  They started the game and everything was peaceful.

Two hours in the game and the two of them were as lively as ever. Mark was teasing Jaehyun and the little kid was hopeless against his uncle, that’s why he protested most of the time.

Mina on the other hand was bored. She was finally really close with Mark, physically, but she couldn’t do anything. She was a big coward to even start a conversation with him and the fact that Mark didn’t give her a single glance made her even more discourage.

She felt her phone vibrating from the back pocket of her jeans. She fished it out and saw who send her a text. That was no other than her best friend.

 From Jihye <3 sent 5:32

Are you awake? How do you feel?

To Jihye<3 sent 5:33

I’m fine J I had a hangover in the morning but I’m fine now >_< How are you?

From Jihye <3 sent 5:34
I’m sorry!!! I woke up two hours ago and still feel like >_< Change of subject! Are you excited for tonight?

To Jihye <3 sent 5:36

Well about tonight… I will not go!

From Jihye <3 sent 5:36

WHAT?????? Explain

To Jihye <3 sent 5:37

You see I’ll have to babysit Jaehyun because Mr. and Mrs. Kim went to an overseas business trip.

From Jihye <3 sent 5:38

I swear I’m going to murder that family L

To Jihye <3 sent 5:41

Wait!! You see I’m not babysitting alone, but with Mark. It turned out he is Mrs. Kim younger brother. I’m going to babysit with him for three whole days!!! ^_^ >_< 

From Jihye <3 sent 5:43

OMO!! It’s your chance! Make a move on him… ;) You are alone anyway! <3 <3 <3

To Jihye <3 sent 5:44

Don’t be silly >_< I can’t

 

“Mina!!” She heard someone shouting.

She snapped he head up ward and saw Mark and Jae looking at her.

“Um… Yes?” She asked confused.

“We were a bit hungry and we were wondering if you didn’t mind to make us some sandwiches.” Mark’s gentle and polite voice was heard inside the apartment.

Did he seem a bit irritated?

She immediately straighten up, embarrassed from slacking off.
“Yes. Of course.” She stood up and walked toward the kitchen shaking her head for being silly.

She swore to her shelf no more stupid texting with Jihye while working.

Mark’s Pov:
While they were playing with Jaehyun he couldn’t help but feel Mina’s presence from behind him He was playing for two hours already and as he was about to call it a day with his nephew Mina was on her phone texting.

Who is she texting? Mark thought.

He turned around and looked at her. She looked like a tomato!

A guy? He thought bitterly. Please, please anyone else but a guy pleaseee.

He tried to ignore it! But the sound her incoming messages made didn’t help at all.

He wanted her attention, scratch that he craved for her attention.

In his desperate form an idea came to his head.

“Jae are you hungry?” He asked the little guy.

“Yes” Jae answered truthfully, still racing with his uncle in the video game.

“What do you want to eat?” He asked him again without looking at the kid, but at Mina.

“I don’t know. What uncle wants?” Jae asked back with a tone that was saying stop asking just play!

Mina was what he thought and reddened up immediately.

“A sandwich? Sandwich sounds good right?” He asked again while hiding his blush.

“Okay” The little kid said not caring at all.

Mark turned hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter