CHAPTER 2

10 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2:  

Mina was lost. She was walking inside the big building with her schedule on her hand but didn’t know where to go. The fact that Jihye her best friend was majoring in Math didn’t help at all. Those two parted a while after meeting up in front of the university.

Her best friend was the only one who could understand her the most. Well after almost 10 years of friendship the least they could be were friends right? They met when they were going in middle school. Mina had just moved in from Busan to Seoul and didn’t have any friends well except her cousin whom didn’t like one bit. Her cousin was really mean, she even tried to make her life a living hell, but Jihye saved her. She stood up for her in front of the whole school when Mina’s cousin made fun of her. Ever since then, they were inseparable.

Sigh… Mina sighed for the nth time. She saw a bunch of students coming her way. They seemed to know their way around.
Come on Mina you can do it. Just ask them otherwise you will be late and you won’t be able to attend class and you will be in trouble and mum and dad will be furious, which reminds me I didn’t give them a call since two days ago I should call them later.

After a mastering enough courage Mina decided to approach them.

“Um…Excuse me.” Her voice sounded hoarse.

The students turned around and saw her. Finally, after a second that seemed like a century passed but one of them decided to speak.  

“Yeah” The tall guy with a really deep voice that didn’t much his face at all answered.
Mina was surprised for a moment but quickly brushed it off.

“Can you tell me in which class am I supposed to go and in which building?” Mina’s voice came soft, but clear. “You see I’m lost and I don’t know in which way I should go and If…”

Her phrase was left unfinished as the same guy spoke again.

“Wow, wow easy there. For a small girl you sure speak a lot.”
Mina’s cheeks were colored red by the time she heard him.
“Firstly you need to show me that schedule of yours in order for me to help you.” The tall guy looked at her with a small smile anticipating from her to give her schedule to him.
“Oh…Yes. Um here.” Mina gave him her schedule.
“Okay. So, we are here in building A and you have English literature right? He asked and Mina nodded. You have to go in building B that’s were Miss Park gives her lecture. The way for building B is not complicated. You only have to go out from this exit.” He showed her a random exit on her left. “And after that you will see a hall just go all the way down, after that you will reach building B. Class 2A is on the second floor.
 

After finishing his explanation he gave Mina a really big smile like he won a competition or something. Mina was really grateful for his help. She looked at him smiling for the first time after parting with Jihye. 

“Thank you so much… um what is your name” Way to go Mina he helped you and you didn’t ask for his name.

“It’s nothing. It happened to me too, back when I was a freshman don’t worry you’ll find your way around in no time. My name is Park Chanyeol I’m a third year majoring in English.”
The guy named Chanyeol answered with an even bigger smile if that possible.
“Well thank you Chanyeol-ssi. I’m Kim Mina a freshman as you already know.” Mina said and looked at her watch to see that if she didn’t hurry up she was going to be late and she didn’t want that. “Oh shoot. I have to go. I’ll see you around I guess, later if that’s okay with let me treat you to coffee for your help” She shouted as she was running down the corridor.

She heard a fainted Okay from behind and assumed that it was Chanyeol.

After several hours, many assignments and a lot of laughter first day of university was officially over and Mina was returning home with Jihye.

“So…What did you do today?” She heard her friend asking.
“Well English is really interesting you know. I think my favorite subject is going to be English literature. It’s really interesting learning about writer’s life and reading their books. I’m going to love it trust me.” Mina answered enthusiastically while looking at her friend.
“Did you meet any hot guys? My class is full of them. After all, they were right all the hot guys are majoring in either math or science!” She stated a bit too happy.
Mina thought about it and she tried to remember if any hot guys where in her class. As long as she remembered she didn’t have any hot or cute guys, most of the students in her class were girls and the guys where a bit… let’s say less than y. As she was thinking she remembered Chanyeol. Oh yes she did meet a hot guy he just happened to not be her classmate.
“Now that I thing about it if bumming to a third year with glasses, deep voice and tall considered y, then yes I did meet one.” Mina said without caring. Yes he was attractive but no he wasn’t her type and as long as he wasn’t her type she wasn’t interesting.

“Wait” Her friend stopped her train of thoughts. “Did you just say that you met a third year, scratch that a hot as third year and you tell me only now? How did you bump into each other in the first place?” Jihye was screaming enthusiastically in front of Mina. She was smiling too, like she won the lottery.
“Well, I happened to be lost and I needed directions from someone otherwise I would be late and I saw them coming my way and I just asked them and Chanyeol, that’s his name, was the only one who answered.” Mina said nonchalant about her meeting with Chanyeol, while on the other hand Jihye was going crazy over her best friend’s luck.

“Oh my Gosh you just called him by his name. I can picture it already you and him as the perfect couple. Omo I need to find myself a boyfriend too.” She said while pouting. “Does he have any hot friends? Introduce me to some of them. Pleaseeee” Jihye by now was looking at Mina with puppy eyes.

Mina sighed. She was tired already and the fact that she had to babysit her new neighbors annoying kid didn’t help the situation at all. 

“As much as I would love to introduce you to one of them, I can’t, because I only know Chanyeol and I don’t think that we are going to meet any time soon.”

Jihye immediately changed posture since she realized her friend isn’t going to help her. It’s not like she can and they were already outside Mina’s apartment building.
“Well it can’t be helped then” Jihye said with a sigh.” Anyways see tomorrow I’ll call you before sleeping and good luck with the little monster” She said a bit too happily for Mina’s liking.

“Okay sorry and thank you. I’ll catch up with you later.”
Mina bid her goodbyes with her friend and went inside the building.
She greeted the people in the lobby and headed towards the elevator. She waited for a while. After a couple of seconds the elevator came. She boarded in and pressed floor number 4.Upon arriving at her flour she fished out her keys and unlocked the door. She took her shoes and jacket off and let her bag down on the floor. After putting her hair into a high bun, she headed toward her room to change from her clothes. Later she came out to make something quick to eat.

Hmm… what should I eat? Instant ramen? No it’s unhealthy and I had a bit too much this week. Anyway it’s still early in the evening so why not a sandwich.

After a couple of minutes thinking what she should eat, she decided upon sandwich and went to the kitchen to make some. As she was preparing the sandwich she couldn’t help it but get reminded by her neighbor’s kid. Jaehyun was a nice kid but a bit too much energized for her taste. He always wanted to make noise not to mention that he never listens and on top of that his parents went out of the house a bit too much for Mina’s liking. Most Fridays she couldn’t go outside to hang out with her best friend only Sundays were free but now she had school to attend.

Life sure is unfair.

Mina looked at the kitchen clock and saw that it was already 6:07. She should as well hurry and dress up to go to her neighbor’s son.

After getting ready she looked at the clock again to make sure she had time. Well she was 10 minutes earlier as usual. She took her phone, money, keys, put on her shoes and went outside of her house locked the door and headed toward the stairs. Her neighbors were staying in the third floor and that’s why they entrusted their child with Mina.

She knocked at the door a couple of times and waited. Soon a second past and the door opened reviling a short, but beautiful lady, wearing a pencil skirt and had her hair up in a ponytail.

“Good Evening Miss Kim” Mina greeted politely with a smile.

“Oh darling! Good evening.” She greeted back with some cheerfulness in her voice. “Did you just got home from school?”

“Yes I just got home” Mina answered truthfully.
“Didn’t my husband inform you for today?” Miss Kim questioned with a visible frown.

“No, why should I ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter