CHAPTER 3

10 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3:

Friday came really soon. Who could have thought that the long first week will end so fast. To even think that, Mark has to come to university for some extra classes the next day.

Sigh… Just his luck. Perfect.

Mark left the classroom grumpily- I mean who could be happy- and started running in the hallway, because his shift starts at 3:00 and it was already 2:30. By the time Mark was outside of the university he heard Jackson’s voice calling him from behind. Even though Mark never understood why he started hanging out with him in the first place, after all those years he got used to Jackson’s loud voice and energy.

“Mark, hey, wait up man.” Jackson yelled at the top of his lags for Mark to stop.

Mark turned around and waited for Jackson to catch up with him.

After taking a long breath Jackson said.

“Okay first of all” Deep breath inhale, exhale. “It’s really rude of you to leave me behind every single time, but anyways I love you so it can’t be helped.” Jackson made a weird expression adding at the same time. “Ok that came out a bit weird but you know what I mean right?” Another deep breath, inhale, exhale.

“Secondly today I’m going out with Jihye. Remember? The girl in our class that I told you about and I met by chance, in that Tteokbokki store?” Jackson stopped and looked at Mark waiting to tell him anything that would be helpful for his date.
Mark looked at him weirdly. What did Jackson want?

“Okay and is your date supposed to concern me in any way? Mark answered truthfully with an- I don’t give a about your date- look. 

“Yes!” Jackson answered while nodding his head. “I’m freaking out man. I don’t know what to do, what am I supposed to wear? Should I take her to the amusement park or is that too childish? How about food? Should I take her to a restaurant or street food?”

 Jackson by now was moving his hands violently from one side to another he was literally freaking out. No one could blame him though. Even though he always appeared as wild and y he never I’m repeating never dated before.

Mark looked at him and opened his mouth to answer him.

“From what I’ve heard that girl is simple. She is simple in whatever she does and that is a good thing.”

Mark stopped for a couple of seconds to think.

“Don’t take her to any fancy restaurant that would kill the mood. For a first day the safer option is the movies. Go with her watch a comedy movie not romantic not action or thriller just a comedy. After that go for a walk grab something silly from the street to eat and if you or her are hungry go to some store to eat. Is that good enough for a first date? Mark answered impatiently.

Don’t get him wrong he didn’t have anything against Jackson or his friends. Actually he liked them a lot but right now wasn’t the right moment to stop Mark. He was going to be late to work if he didn’t move fast.

“Mark you are a genius.” Jackson answered really happily. “You are a life savior I own you one.”

Mark didn’t answer he just turned around and left. He saw that it was already 2:43 and he had to run, really really fast to get to his destination.

Mark went inside the shop as soon as the clock hit 3:00. This was his lucky day or so he though. Mark’s manager was behind the cashier and he didn’t have a happy look in his face.

“Look who decided to come!” Mr. Yoo Mark’s manager said sarcastically. “Mark this is the 10nth time that you come in late and I won’t tolerate from my employees to come whenever they think is right for them to come.” Mr.’s. Yoo voice boomed clearly inside the pizzeria.

“As a punishment for being constantly late you are going to do both the evening and night shift because I know that you need the money so I’m not going to cut off your payment but you are not going to be paid for the night shift so you know! And I hope you will be here on time the next time.” Mr. Yoo finished his speech with a not so happy expression.

Mark’s head was hanging low the whole time feeling embarrassed to even say anything back to defend himself. The only thing he said was a simple “Yes Sir and sorry Sir, I understand sir and sorry Sir” The last one he said it a bit too loud while bowing 90 degrees full of respect and embarrassment for being scolded by his manager.

Mr. Yoo cleared his voice uncomfortable for how things were turning out.

“Well it can’t be helped. Just make sure that this is the last time.” Mr.’s. Yoo said for the last time before he went inside his office.

Mark shouted from behind loudly a “Yes sir and thank you sir.” He let out a sigh of relief.

“Man that was close” He found himself saying while he was heading towards the lockers to change to his uniform and start his shift.

Mina’s Pov:

Seriously university was becoming a pain in the for Mina and to even think that it was only the first week. On top of that she had to come tomorrow too, for some stupid extra classes based on what the professor liked to call Extra learning that will help. As if!! I mean who in his right mind will give to his students extra classes just because he thought it will benefit them.

Yeah, sure.

Its Friday do you hear me? Friday. Who is going to stay in or even come home early just to come and listen to some stupid, boring lecture?

Let’s not forget that Mina had to babysit the little monster that goes by the name of Jaehyun. Perfect her day was just perfect and that was only the start.

As soon as the professor dismissed the class Mina gathered her things and left the classroom not rushing at all.

She texted her friend a quick message to meet her in the front of university, so they could leave together for home.

Mina was walking in the hallway surrounded by students who were chatting excitedly about their plans for the day.

Lucky them, she thought. 

While she was approaching the exit she felt her phone vibrating from the inside of her pocket.

She had a text from her friend saying that she was already waiting for her in the front of the university.

She fastened her step because she didn’t want to make her friend wait for her. When she was approaching the exit of the university she saw her friend waiting patiently while looking at her phone.

“Hey” Mina greeted her friend first with a smile.

“Oh hey” Jihye greeted her back while standing up from her previous position. 

“I can’t believe that I have to come tomorrow morning to listen to some stupid lecture” Mina started complaining as soon as they started walking. “ I mean its Friday and on top of that I’m working and they force me to even wake up tomorrow and come here like it’s the most casual thing to do” She half screamed her frustration toward the professor while letting a huff.

“You are not the only one here; I have to come for some extra classes too.” Jihye said with a sad face that soon vanished, because she remembered something more important than those stupid extra classes.

“Okay you won’t believe what happened today!” She started a bit too excited for Mina’s liking.  Jihye didn’t wait for her friend to ask her anything and continued. “You remember Jackson! You know that hot as guy we met in that Tteokbokki store and his food flied toward my shirt? Well he happens to major in math too. I found out a couple of days ago and omo he asked me out on a date!!!  Jihye said with a squeak.

Her cheeks were so red and she was smiling from ear to ear like a teenage girl in love.

Mina got excited with her friend’s news.

“So will you go? What are you going to wear? Did he say what are you going to do or did he give you just the place where you are going to meet? Mina asked nonstop Jihye questions.

Jihye’s smile soon vanished and was replaced with a frown.

“That’s the problem I don’t know what to wear and on top of that he didn’t give me any hint about where are we going he only told me that he would meet me in the big o’clock near that playground at 7:00.” Her frown became bigger if that possible.

Soon her expression turned from a frown to a begging one. “Mina help me please, please, please!!” Jihye begged her friend while clapping her hands together.

“Okay” Mina said slowly. “From what I’ve seen Jackson… Right?” Mina asked her friend and Jihye nodded her head in confirmation. “He doesn’t seem like the type that will go to a fancy restaurant as a first date and even if that’s the case then he will probably be stupid because fancy restaurants only kill the mood. Moving on he will probably take you to either an amusement park or the movies. Which lead us to two outfit options. Dress or jeans?”

Mina turned and looked at her friend who seemed to consider which of the two options was the best.

While Jihye was still thinking, Mina decided to speak.

“If you want my opinion, you should go with jeans. Well girls can still look cute while in jeans. You can even curly you hair or tie them up in a messy bun or let them loose, you name it. You can even wear a cute shirt since you have plenty and you will be fine.” Mina smiled while finishing her phrase and looked at her friend who seemed that was finally at peace.

“You are a genius Mina; I guess I’ll go with jeans and that cute pink shirt you bought me for my birthday last year and I’ll let hair down since I don’t like them up. Do you think I should do some make-up or go all natural?” Jihye let out another question.

“A bit of eye liner and mascara is not a bad idea you know? Mina answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter