CHAPTER 6

10 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6:

After that Saturday night Mina couldn’t contain her happiness. She was talking to Jihye about how Mark happened to be the delivery boy from the pizzeria she was ordering pizza from and after a long talk they ended up that Mark is indeed a nice guy.

 Even though they weren’t majoring in the same subject they met up in the campus “by accident” a lot more than they expected. They didn’t exchange many words. Yeah they knew each other but not that good to say that they were friends, they still felt awkward with each other.

A whole week passed by a blur for both Mina and Mark. Even though they were interested toward each other and of course they were excited for this Saturday “date”, they still had their personal life, school and a job to attend.

University was killing Mina. She had a lot of studying to do and many assignments to finish. The whole week she was running from the university to the library and from the library to the home. Because of that she didn’t have the chance to ask for Mark’s number not that she had the courage to ask either, but still it would be better if she had his number. To make the matters worst she didn’t order take out from the pizzeria he worked, because she returned home pretty late.

On the other side Mark was a mess. University was making him tired. He had a lot of assignments to finish and to even say that he started university only a few weeks ago. He couldn’t imagine how his life was going to be in a few months into university. One word. HELL

 On top of that for an unknown reason his Manager changed his shifts from the evening to night shifts and he worked everyday till late.

He hoped at least he had Mina’s phone number then his torture that life was giving him would be bearable.

“Well you can’t have everything” that was what his grandmother whom he loved dearly used to say. And she was right. He can’t be ungrateful. He already had enough in his plate. He finally found a job to make his living he attended one of the most prestigious universities in the whole South Korea and last but not least he found a girl he was interested in. 

Jackson thought so too, not that his opinion mattered that much to Mark but Jackson wanted the best for Mark and that he could understand.

 It was Friday finally the end of a long and tiring week had come to an end. No more extra classes like last week no more assignments. Just a peaceful Friday.

 For Mark this Friday wasn’t any different from the other Fridays.

He finished his classes as usual but he didn’t have to go to work he had the day off, which meant that he would probably go to some club for some drinks and maybe some dance too with his friends. 

He stood up and waited for Jackson to finish gathering his stuff. They started walking toward the exit of the university. They talked about meaningless stuff, like how Jackson’s things were short and then Jackson protested that those short legs made him a championship or something like that. They stopped teasing each other only when they saw 5 guys standing in the middle of the campus with goofy smiles on their faces and waving like 6 year old kids who just saw their mom.

They greeted each other by distance and when Jackson and Mark were on hearing distance Jaebum said.

“Since we haven’t been to any club for so long why not go to one?” He said with a knowing smirk on his face.

Soon a wave of voices full of excitement was heard.

“OKAYYY.” Jackson yelled. “Crazy Friday night here we come”

 

-->Fast Forward<--

Crazy Friday night was indeed. They were dancing and drinking the whole night, a few chicks here and there but nothing serious. Firstly because Jaebum had a girlfriend Jackson had a soon to be girlfriend and Mark. Mark situation was complicated.

Eventually the crazy Friday night came to an end and all of them passed out in Mark’s apartment.

The following morning Mark was awoken by a constantly ringing. He opened his left eye firstly and then the right eye followed the action of the left. He looked around and tried to understand where that noise came from, first thing in the morning too. He stood up from his bed and turned his head. Bad idea.

As soon as he took the first step he felt the hangover hitting him full force with the stupid headache. The worst part was when the ringing stopped and Mark was standing like an idiot in front of his bed.

A sigh left his mouth.

He couldn’t help it. Since he was awake he couldn’t fall back asleep. A second sigh soon followed. He could as well wash up and then prepare breakfast and black coffee for the hangover. (A/N: OMG sorry I’ve no idea how you treat hangover I’ve never had one)

 He didn’t mind about the ringing and headed toward the bathroom.

After washing up, Mark headed toward the kitchen to prepare some pancakes with black coffee and some juice. As soon as he stepped in the kitchen area the ringing came back to life. He looked around the room and tried to detect were the noise was coming from. Mark immediately recognized that the ringing was no other than the ringtone from his phone. He run toward the sofa where his jacket was lying and he fished out his phone. 

He saw the caller ID and picked it up.

“Look who decided to wake up” He heard the familiar voice that belonged to his sister.

“Good morning to you too sis” He fired back sarcastically.

“Anyway I can’t talk much, but I have a favor to ask. A really big one” He heard Violet’s pleading voice from the other side of the phone.

“How nice of you. You call me let’s see…” Mark looked at the clock that was hanging in the wall and couldn’t believe in his eyes. “At 10 o’clock in the morning and the first thing you ask is a favor! Sure my family loves me a lot.” Mark said sarcastically again.

“I’m sorry ok? But I need your help Mark!?!” His sister sighed and immediately continued. “Look my Boss asked me to go and help in that business trip in China that last for three days.”

Long pause.

“Okay go!” Mark said clueless. “If permission is what you need go” He said again to reassure his sister that it was fine to go to that business trip.

“No” She cut him off. “Permission is not what I need. What I need is someone to look after Jaehyun for three days.” She said a bit rushed.

“WHAT??” Mark screamed and looked around to see if any of the dead bodies woke up because of his screaming. “Don’t tell me that you called me for what I think that you called me” He said full of anger.

“If babysitting is on your mind then yes, that’s exactly why I called you.” He heard his sister say a bit too soft for his liking.

She didn’t only wake him up in like 10 o’clock in the morning with a headache and only 4 hours of sleep, he had to deal with his sister bull too. He had to refuse anyway. He worked and on top of that today he had a date after a long time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter