CHAPTER 8

10 Minute Rule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8:

After that weekend together Mina and Mark came a lot closer than before. What Mina thought about Mark as interest was now developing to something more.

Every time she saw Mark, she got excited and her heart did those stupid flip flops really fast. Her cheeks were on fire and her mind went blank. The only thing she could see was Mark. Lately, whenever she went the only thing that was on her mind was Mark. She tried to eat, shower, sleep, take notes in class, babysit, but she couldn’t concentrate on anything.

She didn’t know what was wrong with her. Actually she did know what was wrong, but she was scared to admit it.

Mark wasn’t any better. After those three days together with Mina he was like a different man.

Whenever he saw her on campus or happened to talk to her through the phone, everything around him faded away and it was only her and him. He was smiling a lot more especially around her and his ears were red like his past hair color. He felt like his heart was going to explode from how fast was thumping against his chest, every time he was around her.

Mark was really scared to admit what he felt. He already knew he was passed the friend state with Mina, but he didn’t want to admit his feelings, not yet. Not before he was sure that she had sincere feelings for him too.

 Two months passed by quickly. Life was moving normal for the two lovebirds as they friends liked to tease them.

After that fateful babysitting weekend Mark and Mina came close. Like really close.

They hanged out more often than before and they talked through the phone almost every night. Their conversations never seemed to end. They always found something interesting to discuss, like right now.

It was a normal Friday night. Mina had just returned to her apartment from her babysitting part- time job and Mark was returning to his apartment.

She was fighting with her jeans to get them out with one hand while the other was holding the phone and she tried to make her shelf sound normal like nothing weird was happening inside her bedroom. She was jumping up and down in order to get her pajama’s pants on their rightful place on their hips. The worst part was the T-shirt. How in the world was she going to get out off her T-shirt? She first tried to use her arm to support the devise for her and then get one sleeve out of her arm and then the other arm nothing difficult.

Not if you are Mina.

The whole plan was a failure she pressured the phone too much and as a result the speaker went on. That startled her and because she got scared she hit her toe nail at the table.

She tried to muffle the pain but failed miserably. She has now transformed into a human kangaroo!

A couple of minutes past, Mark still talking about his day and Mina trying to calm her shelf down.

Finally she got out her T-shirt and another battle started with her pajama’s shirt. 

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.

It took her 15 minutes to get out of her casual clothes and change into her pajamas, while Mark was still talking about his day.

She was now sitting on the sofa just relaxing at the sound of his voice. It was so soothing and calm.

“And that’s why we don’t let Jackson go near to any of those toys again.” He said giggling together with Mina.

“How is that even human possible? He got mad at those machines with the teddy bears because they didn’t let him grab the toy he wanted? Mina couldn’t believe in her ears. Jackson was really abnormal after all. How she wished she had met his friends. They seemed nice and they cared for Mark.

Yes she saw them around him a lot and she loved the fact that Mark smiled a lot around them, but she never met them personally! Never had the chance too.

“I remember once during high school.” Mina started with a fade smile on her face. “ Me and Jihye we were returning home when suddenly a ball came on our way and a few children appeared demanding rudely their ball back and Jihye got really mad and challenged them to a soccer game and if they lost they would have to apologize and if we lost we would have to buy them Ice-creams.” She said happily.

“And?” Mark asked interested. “What happened? Did you lose or did you win?” He asked with a smile on his face.

“Yah! Do you have to even ask? Of course and we won!” She said while sitting up on the sofa, like she was protesting face to face with him.

Mark laughed; Mina’s eyes became double the size of how her heart was thumping so fast against her chest.

Mark felt her discomfort.

“Is something wrong?” He asked concerned.

Mina immediately straightened up and took a few breaths.

“N-no” She stammered. Way to go Mina way to go. “Everything is fine, I’m fine. Don’t worry” She said with a stronger voice just to reassure him.

“Okay if you say so!” He answered back.

A comfortable silence followed. No one seemed to care though.

They were more comfortable with each other and sometimes they stopped talking without asking what is wrong and they were just sitting in silence knowing that the other person is just there.

Suddenly Mark broke the silence. Mina thought he was going to say goodnight because a few yawns escaped his mouth earlier, but he took her by surprise.

“Mina” He started, his voice sounding a lot huskier than usual. That made Mina to stand up. Something is wrong that is for sure. She could sense it. Even though she felt scared of what he was going to say she couldn’t help but think that his voice sounded damn y.

“Yes.” She tried to sound casual.

“I was wondering.” He started with the same husky voice. “If you wanted to go on a date this Saturday, like you and me, alone.” He sounded so nervous.

Mina was surprised. Did Mark ask her out? Like a date? The two of them!
Holly mother of melted cheese that is on top of pizza!

“Yes, yes and yes!” She answered quickly like hell she would refuse. After she realized of how quick she answered she blushed. She was waiting for Mark to ask her out for the past two months, but he never said anything and as a result she thought that he didn’t like her in a romantic way.

“Wow! Calm down will you?” He said smiling form the other side of the phone, with a flushed face too.

“Where are we going to meet? Hour?” she quickly asked again. She was too excited to hide it.

“Outside of my workplace at 7:00 is that okay with you?” He asked praying she could make it.

“Yes it’s perfectly fine.” She even nodded her head a couple of times to confirm it. Like he could see her.

“Don’t wear anything formal. I warned you, don’t say I didn’t and dress up warmly ok?” He said with a warning tone.

“Okay mom I will, thank you for taking care of me.” She fired back sarcastically.

Mark laughed.

They stayed on the phone a bit more and after they said their goodnights they ended the call with silly smiles on their faces.

  Mark’s Pov:

Mark was smiling like an idiot. He finally said it. He asked her out. She was going on a date with him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter