Chapter11

Deeper than the Sea

"What happened to you? You look terrible. Haven't you slept?"
"hmm? Ah...no.. I had some things to do."
You said.
"Where did you disappear yesterday? You didn't even answer your phone."
"Something came out."
you had a gulp from your coffee.
You were standing with Baekhyun on SM rooftop. After hours of thinking after yesterday's party, you've decided on something. That you will forget about him no matter what, and you won't run away. If his feelings towards you were not real, then why would yours be? You'll just pretend you're OK too and he means nothing. If Baekhyun could accept it well when you rejected him, you could do the same with Lay.
"We have a photoshoot for a magazine today" said Baek. "You have to come."
"I don't think I can......" don't run away... don't run away "Actually I'm free. I'll be there."
Baekhyun laughed "Good choice, chinguya.... You need to have fun from time to time. You work too much"
"My break is over"
you said "see you later"....he gave you a high five and you left him on the rooftop.
After you finished your work, Baek called you to remind you of the photoshoot. You met him outside SM building and you both went to the studio.
Exo were already there preparing themselves. 
"Ah .. You're here" Chanyeol greeted you both. "Baekhyun, go to change.. Your turn is after me and Lay... Oh and the group photos will be taken at last, because D.O couldn't empty his schedule."
"See you" Baekhyun left you with Chanyeol.
He looked at you and said.. "Let's go"
It was Sehun who they were taking photos of right now. He was posing like a pro. His makeup made him look manly and even more beautiful than he looked in his everyday life, if that was even possible. 
When he finished the photographer was really impressed and satisfied of him.
Next were Chanyeol and Lay.. But seems that there was a problem.
"We're waiting with the model who will be shooting with us. They plan on putting us on the cover. But she's late.. Weird."
They had to change order now. It wasn't Chan and Lay shooting now.. But instead Xiumin, Baekhyun and Suho were to be taken pictures of. The three of them looked dashing . They were really handsome and Baek grabbed your attention. He looked at you once or twice and this is what you realized. You were sad you could not give him your heart even tho .. He deserved so much, but for you, even if you were selfish, you needed him as a friend. Having baek as a friend was better than any love story. You were happy he understood it without having to repeat it.. He was happy to be your friend and he didn't insist on anything. Right now he was the only one who gave you hope to forget about your feelings and you felt really blessed to have him by your side.
"Chan did you hear.. The girl won't be..Sarah!"
"Hi Lay" you smiled even tho you weren't sure if it looked like a smile or more like you were choked.
"She won't be coming?" Chan didn't notice the tension in the air. "Then what are we going to do?"
"I don't know .. "
Now baekhyun, Suho and Xiumin have ended their photo shoot. The photographer was mad, because he couldn't continue since D.O was still not there. He was going to arrive after at least 30 minutes. And he wasn't mad to the extend to shout but he still was moving a lot and going back and forth. He didn't want to lose his temper with exo.
"I don't know why they promise something if they can't keep it.. I absolutely said no excuses. How am I going to find a replacement in the last moment?..... "
Exo's manager didn't know what to reply so he just stayed still.. he didn't even apologize since this wasn't even his fault.
"I think you're in trouble.." You said to Chan. "You will have to wait for another model"
"Ahh I'm tired chincha.. This isn't good"
"You know what?" You laughed "I think I'll be going.. My work was tiring today"
"No way" Chan said "you'll wait until the end.. Someone has to keep me awake... You fit that role well.. Doesn't she, lay?"
Lay looked at you then left you behind with Chan without saying a word.
"See? I need company here" 
"Oh, this girl can do it..She looks ok .A little make up will do" You were searching for the girl he was talking about but all of the eyes were pointed towards you.
"Yeah yeah yeah yeah" the manager answered "she's an employee in our agency, I think she can do well."
"What?!" you were in shock and Baekhyun was even more shocked than you. "wait.. I'm not a model, this REALLY isn't my speciality, i'll do really bad!"
"Sera, take her to the dressing rooms, give her some clothes for our concept and let the stylists handle the rest."
"No no no, I really think..." but they were already dragging you to the dressing rooms.

"Heol" Baekhyun was looking at you after the stylists told you you were ready. "You look...."
"Good job" said the director.
Before you realize it you were standing between Chanyeol and Lay. They already were doing poses and you were just standing not knowing what to do. You really wanted to die at this moment, but all you did was looking at the camera.
"Sarah ssi.. Can you act cutely? " the photographer saw your blank expression and before you ask.."what?" He said "try to smile.. Chanyeol, put your hand around her waist..and Lay try to look more friendly."
"Yes"
said Lay. 
Chanyeol put his hand around your waist and smiled cutely.. You didn't pay attenintion to Lay because he was out of your sight at the moment.
"Aigoo Baek will be jealous" Chan said.
"What?!" You asked but Chan didn't answer and the photographer told you to focus on the camera.
After the cute concept with the colorful clothes which you somehow managed to survive, with Chan and Lay each holding one of your hands, piggyback riding you and each of you making bunny ears to the others, you had to change again. This was already becoming tiring and not that fun as you imagined it would be. And D.O had already arrived but you had to finish the whole session before the group photos.
The stylist gave you a long dark blue dress with a big cut on its right side with high heeled shoes and gold accessories. She put you a heavier make up from the last one and it widened your eyes and and made you look attractive rather than cute with your long hair falling on your shoulders on big waves. * What kind of concept is this ?!* You thought.
There was a white couch and you were told to stand behind it with the two guys sitting on it. They were both wearing suits, Chanyeol was wearing the jacket on his shoulders, whereas Lay was only wearing the suit vest and the shirt under it without a jacket.
When he saw you he quickly turned his eyes and stared at the ground.
You realized that baekhyun was looking at you too and he was blinking way too much than usual. And it wasn't only him.
"OK.. Now let's begin"
The photographer was overall satisfied but he told you to be more alive, and he had to tell Lay twice to not be that serious even tho it looked good, and to Chanyeol to make a little more serious expression. Next you had to put your hands on their shoulders .. and when he told Chan to leave the set for you and Lay you found yourself in shock, while Lay only said "why?"
He told Lay to sit on the end of the couch and you had to lie next to him putting your head on his chest. He had to hold your hand and when Chen saw this he put his hand on his mouth and said laughingly.
"Ahh fans will be jealous." 
You were more uncomfortable than Lay hismelf in that position as you could hear his heartbeat and it was really fast. But none of you said anything to each other. Next you had to sit on the couch with lay behind it and this one was easier because he couldn't see your face.. You felt a lot more confident. But after it the photographer told you this is the last part of this session and he made you lean against a white wall with Lay in front of you.. He told you to look into each others eyes which you did ..
"What are you doing here?" Lay asked and you were the only one who could hear his voice, he barely opened his mouth.
"What do you think I'm doing?" You whispered but it sounded more like complaining "working"
"You had to refuse that.. I feel I'm going to.."
"What?"
You asked now clearly annoyed "whaat?"
The photographer told Lay to put his hand on your waist.
Lay's expression was as if he was trying to think about a happy place and you decided not to think about his face that was way too close to you, so you decided to count to however it takes to be over. But it took too much or the time stopped, you couldn't look at his face anymore. You felt like if you look longer you will forget about yesterday and about everything he said, so you quickly turned your head to one side and looked down instead.
"EXCELLENT" the photographer said. 
Lay quickly let off you and he looked like his energy has completely drained. He sat on the couch but he soon had to stand up because they had to remove it.
In Exo's group photos he looked like a dead person. Really no emotion and the director had to remind him to smile a bit from time to time or to look at the camera, or to fix his posture, or just to concentrate.
You were thirsty so you went to drink some juice..
Exo were given a break and baek and Chan immediately came to you.
"I was about to die, Sarah wahh" Chan said and you looked him surprised, one of your eyebrows up. "Your beauty really isn't a joke" you nearly choked on your juice. Baek looked like he lost his words.
You murmured a "thank you". It was time you change that dress.. Chan left you with baek.
"Lucky boyfriend you have" he said "he better treat you well.. Because if he doesn't I swear I'll steal you from him"
You smiled but you momentaly became serious again.
"It's over now" you said "we broke up"
Baek was the one who looked like he ate something weird now "you serious?"
"Yeah" you said emotionless "but I'll be thankful if we stay friends."
Baekhyun looked concerned but patted you on the shoulder and said 
"Don't worry about it, chingu.. I'll be always there for you"
"I want to forget him"
you said. 
"I'll help you" Baekhyun sounded serious now "but you help me too so I can help you"
"Huh?"
"Go out with me"
he said and he laughed at your *huh?!* expression "not as a date... Go out with me like a friend.. I'll bring a friend and we'll have fun.. Tomorrow at night.. Ok?"
"Tomorrow I'm busy tho.. I'm busy this week."
"Ahhh chincha why is this agency not leaving us some space to breathe? OK.. What about I call you?"
"OK"
you said simply.
"OK.. But you can't say no!"
"OK"
you repeated. "Excuse me now"
It was time you change that dress.. It was getting uncomfortable now with all the people staring at you.
You were half the way to the dressing rooms when you remembered you were still holding the glass. You turned around quickly and .. SPLASH.. you spilled the juice on someone's white shirt.
"Omo omg wait I'll"... "Lay"
You were looking at him but you didn't know what to say. He grabbed your hand and led you out of the studio.
"Can you please stop appearing in front of me?"
"Excuse me?"
You were still holding the glass in your hand and you felt an urge to break it in his head.
"You heard me" he said "I clearly said.."
"Wait .. You think I came here because of you? Well you're mistaken" you wanted to laugh but you looked way too serious instead.
You weren't even sorry about the spilled juice on his shirt anymore. You came near him and said
"Like you said.. It's all over now. You have no feelings for me and I have no feelings for you."
"Sarah..."

"What? Whatever you have to say, Say it now but I'm not changing my mind.. Not after a hundred of years. Ahhh chincha..thinking that I'll forgive you that easily and forget it all.. Hah.. Never. You know what? I'll be happy to be strangers with you"
"Sarah..."
"Aish let me finish" 
"You're stepping on my foot"
"What?"
You looked down and now you were really that close to him that you were stepping on his foot. You quickly backed off and put the glass in his hand, then you walked away. But before you walk away you said
"Let's not see each other. Don't appear in front of me and I won't see you again too... Work is an exception."

Baek didn't call after a week even tho you really needed him.. He didn't even call after two weeks. You decided not to come close to exo these days and just focus on your work... Being with exo was dangerous. Lay was nearly everywhere. You had to turn your back whenever you saw him in an elevator and wait for another one, and sometimes going on the stairs, which was safer.
You had to be cautious not to see him after work and you had to leave immediately before any of exo members see you and try to talk to you. Because talking to exo immediately led to meeting lay even if it was for seconds. Lay was everywhere for the first time in your life and unfortunately, he picked the wrong timing to be in the corridors, in the elevators, in the practice rooms, in your office once, even tho he had no business there, or maybe it was your own imagination now, in front of the ceo's office, on the rooftop which you no longer liked because of the fact he was there everytime you needed a place to rest from the hard work, he was in your coffee , in your bag, in your wardrobe, in your drawers, in your nightmares....
Your phone rang.
"Baekhyun what is it?" You said 
"Remember what I said? Today at 7pm after work.. I'll pick you up.. It'll not be a date, I asked a friend to hang out too.. "
"OK"
you said and before he hangs up you added "ohhh...baek..wait"
"What?"
"Thank you.. A lot..for everything"
"Don't mention it.. That's what every friend would do".

You went to the restroom when it was time and you fixed your makeup. Thanks god Lay was not in the mirror.

"Baek" you smiled widely.
"Let's go" you followed him and he led you to his car. You fastened your seatbelt. 
"Where are we going?"
"Surprise" he smiled. You smiled back at him and you looked from the window .. It was already getting dark outside.

It seems that you have fallen asleep because when you woke up he was looking at you.
"Ahh chincha.. Why didn't you wake me up?"
"I was about to.. We're here"
You got out of the car and your eyes widened.
"Let's have some fun" he said.
You smiled really wide.. Let's forget about everything, you thought... He has drove you to an amusement park and now he took your hand and led you inside.
There was a person at the entrance.
"Oh.. Lay is already here"
You froze in your place.
Baek smiled "he seemed a little pressured these days.. So I told him to come"
"Oh you're"
lay froze too "here" he continued.
Baekhyun was happier than ever.
"Let's have some fun.. Just the three of us!"