Chapter12

Deeper than the Sea

"You crazy bastard!"
"Lay, don't! "

But it was too late. Lay punched baekhyun in the face, which made baekhyun fall on the ground, he quickly stood up and touched his lower lip which was now bleeding. He was about to hit lay too but
"Both of you stop! I love neither of you."
Baekhyun has grabbed Lay's shirt, but when he heard you he slowly let off it.
"What? Are you serious right now?"

You were in the amusement park looking shocked at Lay, as he was no less shocked than you were.
"Let's have some fun.. Just the three of us!" Baekhyun was looking at you both but he seemed like he didn't notice your expressions. He winked at you but you didn't get it at all.
"Why this awkwardness?" He said "come on .. Let's pick a ride." And he smiled like a child.
Gosh.... Trying to forget about Lay, then Lay being everywhere, even in your imagination, then Baekhyun himself bringing you to Lay... This was the best recovery ever. You should try to act normal now.. Even if lay doesn't want to see you and you don't want to see him, baekhyun was here and since he was here, you would do everything not to act weak in front of him. You will think positively .. Positively, positively ..
"What are you doing right now?" Lay's voice appeared from nowhere.
"POSITIVELY!" you screamed .
Aishhh... Now they were both looking at you like you have gone nuts.
What now? You laughed and said
"Let's have some fun then.. Should we ride this ?" And you pointed at a roller coaster.
They both stared at you.
"Are you sure?" Lay asked like he didn't believe himself.
"More than ever " you answered with all the coldness you could.
Baek laughed "LET'S GO!"
You sat in the front.
"Baek" you pointed at the seat next to you.
"Oh no.. I like to be alone.. I don't like it when someone screams next to me" he sat on the seat behind you and let Lay without a choice.
"You always.. You idiot" that's what you heard from what Lay murmured while he was taking a seat.
"What ?" You asked... Now you were even an idiot ?
"I said...." He said in a rude clear way "you always.. Scream.. You idiot.. Because he always screams on rides."
"Ah" about baek then.. You put your belt on but the belt was broken. Ugh, it was broken .. Were you now losing your temper? You never lost your temper.. This wasn't supposed to happen.. Without even realizing it you were
"Stop hitting it" said lay as he was tightening your belt. "There you go"
You almost smiled but .. You turned and smiled at baek instead, who was ready long time ago.
He smiled at you widely and you turned your head again. At least he was a true friend. It wasn't his fault that he picked the wrong chingu to bring.
The ride was now starting and you closed your eyes. It slowly gained speed until.... You didn't know if you were screaming or not but you could definitely hear baek.. He was screaming for the three of you. The world was upside down and then normal again like the earth was rolling around back and forth.
You looked at Lay and he looked at you .. Suddenly baek screamed 
"STOP IT.. PLEASE STOP IT"
which made you both look at each other silently then you both burst in tears from laughing. You weren't sure which was louder .. Baek's screamings "please put me down" or Lay's laughter .. And for a moment he was back to his old state.. The Lay you knew and you could trust. You felt like if this ride doesn't stop, you will be back together again.. He was smiling so brightly at you .. *everything* you thought *I would give up everything to see him smile like this again.. not just now, all the time!* .. But the ride slowed down. And Lay was still smiling. Until it stopped completely. That's when he looked in front of him and became serious again.
"Waaah" Baek was out of breath "this was fun" 
"Ya baekhyun.. Right now.." Lay obviously wanted to say something but Baek didn't even wait for him to finish.
"Sarah pick another one before we run out of time .. Quickly."
It was only 7:30 pm but since baek was saying so, it meant he was busy.. Busy guy after all.. So you eventually rode nearly all the rides even tho you "didn't have enough time for that".
You were now tired and you excused yourself .
"I'm going to the restroom" you said 
The two guys went to sit on the nearest bench.
It was a long day and the mirror showed a scary reflection. You washed your face and fixed your hair, you tried to smile but you only made a grimace.
I wanna go home, you thought. You got out.. Made several steps, and froze. You heard your name.. You didn't mean to eavesdrop but.. They mentioned your name. You stood nearer and tried to hear what this was all about. They couldn't see you, since you were behind them, taking from the wall next to you shield for them not to see you. If one of them turned around he would only see your head.. Which you were going to hide immediately.
"I have no idea what you're talking about" baek's voice was really cold even tho he was trying to say it like a joke.
"Stop playing games.. Why did you bring her here? You could two go on your date alone."
"Why? If I brought her with me.. What? Stop acting like you care about it please."
"Care about it ? Why would I? I said it because you make me feel uncomfortable.. She is your girl, go on a date instead .. I feel so out of this."

What? You're whose girl? Baek's ? Lay has clearly misunderstood about something, right ? Why wasn't baek saying anything?
"She is not my girl and you know it" he said and you sighed relieved "because of a jerk she likes and won't stop thinking about she couldn't be my girl. But you know what?...."
"Sarah" 
"I'm back"

Lay has turned around and saw you but you acted confidently and showed up like you have just got out from the restroom.
You pretended you didn't hear anything .. 
"Let's ride on the drop tower" you said.
"Let's go" baek smiled but you found it hard to smile back.
Baek was about to sit next to you but
"Baek.. Are you sure you can handle it?" Lay said.
"Of course .. Why?" 
"Because last time you rode this thing, you fainted."
"I didn't"
"Baek are you coming or not?"
You shouted from your place as you were already done with your belt.
"He's not" Lay said and surprisingly baek didn't say anything. He just stood there while Lay went and sat next to you. But right now his face showed no emotions at all.
"Have fun" he said and you saw him sitting on a bench again, hitting his toe into the ground repeatedly.
"We have to talk" lay said as soon as you both slowly rose up.
"Baekhyun loves you" he said.
"I know" you replied. "But he doesn't anymore. We are friends now so don't misunderstand and .."
"No you're not..he still loves you."
He looked at your necklace and continued "this necklace was on the street back then.. In Paris, when we were followed by those fans. I wasn't sure if it was yours. So I kept it."
Before he can continue the ride quickly went down, you felt your soul was still up there and you held the belt with both your hands.
Lay was now speaking loudly.
"WHEN YOU WERE OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY.. WITH SUJU..... HE SAW IT" the ride slowed down again.
"He saw it on my desk and he asked me where I have it from" 
"But this gift wasn't"

"Let me finish... I told him it was on the street and he told me that's yours. Since you have lost it in Paris. He said this was his gift to you. He said he loved you since the first time you two met.. but you rejected him, because you liked someone else. But he had no idea that was me. He said that for the first time he loves someone so sincerely. I'm telling you this...."
The ride has sped up again.
But he waited until it slows down. You were looking at the little point on the ground.. Baek and listening to want lay was saying.
"I'm telling you this, because I want you to know, that he deserves more than this. Stop ignoring him.. And love him like you did before.. Since as I said, I have no feelings for you. This hasn't changed."
"He is a friend" you said 
"A friend who does everything for you without a reason? Who is always there when you need him even in the most unmeaningful moments ? You really think a friend will do all this ?"
"What are you then?"
"I'll be your friend."
Lay said "I'll behave like a friend.. Because I don't want it to end up like this. If we can't be strangers.. Let's be friends."

You went off the ride and baek was still there. 
He stood up and slowly walked in no direction. You both followed him. Lay was in front of you and you were behind them keeping a distance. You were more confused than ever. And you were by now, really tired. Did he really mean nothing to you and you loved Lay who was supposed to be no one ? Your heart was really a joke. 
Baek wasn't walking in a haotic way in the end. He entered one of the Ferris wheel cabins.. Lay entered after him and you too. You sat next to Lay even tho you wanted to sit next to baek. He looked at you both and said
"Had fun?" And he smiled again and looked from the window as if the wheel was already up.. And in reality it hasn't even moved yet.
This smile killed you. He was pretending to be your friend just because you asked him to and yet he was waiting for you patiently. And if it wasn't Lay you wouldn't even know. 
"Let's stop this now" Lay said.
"Stop what?"baek asked innocently. *Don't pretend, you pabo* you thought... 
"I told her everything" lay said and baek trembled.
"That jerk" baekhyun continued as if the conversation from earlier never stopped. "I know who he is"
"I'm going now." Lay said and opened the door of the cabin."let me out of this"
"It was you.". Baek said and closed the cabin "I'm proud of you chingu" 
"What? You knew ? Since when?" You asked.
"He was too obvious.. The way he plays is too obvious . I thought you would take longer but.. I'm happy you finished with her fast.... I want to play too you know.. And after I finish let's just let the others try too"
"What?"
You were about hit him when lay blocked your way.
"You crazy bastard!"
"Lay, don't! "

But it was too late. Lay punched baekhyun in the face, which made baekhyun break the door and fall on the ground, he quickly stood up and touched his lower lip which was now bleeding. He was about to hit lay too but
"Both of you stop! I love neither of you."
Baekhyun has grabbed Lay's shirt, but when he heard you he slowly let off it.
"What? Are you serious right now? You really don't like lay.. Or me?"
Without a word you only got out of the cabin, passed next to baek and walked away... But lay reached you and grabbed your hand.
"Sarah..Don't listen to him" he said "I wasn't playing, OK? I would never think of that. I loved you for real"
You stopped 
"Please both of you.. Stay away from me. I hate you. Both of you..don't talk to me again."
You put his hand away and continued your way to the exit of the park.. From this moment, you were finally free..!