Chapter10

Deeper than the Sea

"Did something happen yesterday?"
Lay looked concerned. Maybe it was your expression.
"No" you smiled. Even tho a lot has happened yesterday. You really hoped baekhyun is OK by now.. You were both admiring Paris from up. Eiffel tower was never that breathtaking before.
"If anything happens or if anything worries you... You have me..you can trust me.. Remember this." Lay said. you smiled and nodded.

You were crying but you forced yourself to stop. This wasn't right anymore. Baekhyun should not comfort you anymore, you thought.
"Baekhyun" you said 
"Mm?"
"I have something to tell you"
He let off you for a moment.
"I am sorry... I can't accept you" you could see his expression and he tried to say something but you carried on "you're a great friend... The best friend on earth and I know I can always trust you... But there is someone I like" 
Baekhyun didn't say anything at first. He let off you completely and bit his lip.
"I'm OK with being a friend " he said "I don't care who he is but.. If you ever need me.. I'll be there for you..I'll be waiting for you"
And before he hears an answer he left.
The next day he didn't show up.

Lay's voice got you back to reality.
"So where is your home?" Asked lay "can it be seen from here?"
"It can't be seen from here" you said "but one day I'll show you" 
He hugged you from behind. 
You were wondering whether to tell Lay about what Baekhyun told you or not.
To him you were nothing but best friends. *but nothing changed* you thought *we're still best friends...but .. Maybe it'll be the best to put an end to it* .... Lay should not know .. He wasn't a part of this and he deserved to be happy... Baekhyun deserved to be happy too.... That's why you decided to tell him something when you go back to the hotel.

You knocked on baek's door.
"Sarah?" He looked OK today. "What is it?"
"Let's talk" you said..he opened the door for you and you entered.
You sat on the couch and he waited for you.
"What is it?"
"Baekhyun... You know that I have someone I like... I don't want you to be hurt so... I think it'll be better if we don't see each other.. Let's be strangers from now on"

Baekhyun laughed.
"What?" This was really weird... You were totally serious.
"I'm OK to be your friend... Really.." You tried to spot lie in his eyes but.. He seemed OK for real...
"I mean I thought about it a lot" he said..."I'm OK to be just a friend.. I don't need anything else. And I won't be hurt if I stay by your side..so let's just stay as we are."
"Are you serious right now?"
You were serious and you felt like you're the victim right now but also relieved .. Were you the only one who worried about it ?..
"You're really OK?"
"I guarantee you"
he smiled again "I can't lose a friend like you.. And if that jerk ever hurts you tell me immediately."
You still looked surprised and he laughed at your expression..
"So chinguya" he continued "any plans for today? Where will you take us to?"

The week ended really quickly and now you were back to Korea. Exo were going to hold a party with the crew about their successful comeback and you were also invited. But before it you had to travel again with super junior so the two weeks before the party you were away from exo. 
Your phone rang.
"Hi Lay" your heart pounded from his voice.
"When are you coming back?"
"You asked me just yesterday"
you laughed "just three more days."

"Hi... So how is the party going?"
"Oh baekhyun" you smiled "it's really noisy"
"Let's go outside" he said. 
You were now standing in the garden. You were wearing a black dress that showed your back and baekhyun wore a black suit in which, you thought, he looked really handsome.
"You look beautiful chingu" he smiled.
You smiled too but.. 
"Excuse me Baek.. Just a minute"
"Wait before you go... Take this" he took your hand and put something in it.
"Where did you find it ?" You gasped from surprise.
"Put it on" he said but you wanted to turn the necklace back.. 
"Don't " he said "it means nothing..Accept it as a symbol of our friendship"
"Baekhyun.. I really can't accept it"
"If you don't take it I'll throw it away"
"Ya...why would you throw it away? It's so beautiful.... Are you threatening me right now?"

Baekhyun laughed and put his hand in his pockets.
"Of course I am threatening you ..or else you won't listen to me..so just accept it."
You had no other choice so you put it on.
"Excuse me now" you said and you went inside... He must be somewhere here you thought. Lay hasn't met you after you got back to Seoul.. He didn't even contact you. It was baek who was waiting for you in the airport. 
You searched for him but you couldn't find him anywhere.
You saw suho tho and he saw you too so you went to talk to him.
"Suho oppa" you smiled. "Long time no see"
"How is it going Sarah ssi?"
"Congratulations" you said "you must be proud of the boys..and they must be proud too"
"Yes.. Sarah ssi we owe you a lot too.. The comeback is a success thanks to the locations you've chosen for us."
"Thanks.."
You smiled "do you , by any chance, know where lay is?I haven't seen him earlier"
"Oh..Lay hasn't come yet .. He said he will be late. He's really secretive these days..."
He wanted to keep the conversation going so he added :" Exo means everything to lay. I tend to understand the members well since I'm the leader,and Lay is always thoughtful for the others ..that's why I was a little surprised when he said he'll be late."
You thanked suho and got out again. On your way you said hi to Chanyeol and Kai, they told you there will be an event after ten minutes so you had to come inside. You smiled and promised you'll be there.
It was cold outside.
And you saw him now!
He was in the garden and your eyes met.
He came to you.
"Lay" you smiled. "Where were you? Did something happen? Why didn't you contact me? I called but you didn't answer so I thought maybe something happened.. The party is really great.. I wanted to congratulate you.."
He put his jacket on your shoulders and said
"Let's talk"
"Yes omg I have so much to say" you carried on.. 
"It's noisy here" he said..
He walked and you followed him.. You were surprised he got out on the street.
"Let's break up." he said.
You laughed .. "What?" 
"Let's break up." he repeated. He looked serious so you thought maybe .. A joke?
"Is this a prank? I'm not falling for it" you laughed but now your laugh faded quickly . You began to feel little rain drops on your face.
"I'm serious."
"Why?"
You asked feeling as if someone hit you with a really heavy book. "I know we're both busy but.. We can manage to be together even if.."
"I don't like you Sarah.." He said "ever since I'm back to Korea my feelings are different. I can't pretend anymore. France can make people think of things that don't make sense in real life. When I got back here I saw how wrong I was about you.. I'm sorry.. Let's break up"
He was so cold.
"Is this the truth?" You asked
"Do I have to repeat it?" He answered with annoyment "I have no feelings for you. I hope you accept it"
You swallowed your anger and burried it deep inside. This wasn't right.
"You told me to trust you."
"People change. Don't trust me anymore ".....
"Ok then... I hope you live well from now on. Goodbye"

And before you change your mind you turned around and walked away.. You were lost and you wanted to cry but you couldn't shed a tear. The rain was enough..

Every rain drop was your tear.. The sound of the rain was your weeping.