Chapter 8: Heart Symbol

The Queenka and the New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER EIGHT~

 

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had been bombarding Yuri with questions since they left the classroom. She is now on her way to Seohyun’s class but they’re never leaving her side. Taeyeon is with them too but is just quiet, listening to them.

“Is something going on between you and Yoona?” Sooyoung asked.

“Why would you think that? Nothing’s going on between us.” Yuri said.

“Really? Do you think we’ll believe you? Yuri, the Queenka approached you and even volunteered to bring you to the clinic. It is very unusual and very suspicious. If you must know, this is the first time Yoona has done something like that.” Hyoyeon said.

“Really?” Yuri is so surprised to know that. She remembered the Yoona in the playground who happily gives chocolates and stuffed toys to the kids. She really thinks that Yoona is a warm and caring person who only looks aloof and cold outside. But maybe she has never showed it here at school. But her heart, involuntarily, beats fast. She fell silent and she stopped walking. She doesn’t know what to say to that. She gulped. She must think of how to answer them so that there will be no misunderstanding.

“Uhm… m-maybe… she…”

“She what, Yuri?” Hyoyeon pressed on.

Yuri thought hard. “She… uhm…maybe…uh… I don’t know! But believe me, there is nothing.” Then they continued walking again.

“How will you make us believe you? She even helped you in Math without getting something in return or maybe there is, Taeyeon said you’re neighbours…so maybe you’re-”

“Yes we are neighbours but it doesn’t mean that something is already going on between us. And if you’re thinking that we’re having some secret, I’d like to tell you that I don’t even know her house yet. If you still don’t believe me, ask Hyunnie about it.” Yuri is getting tired with all the issues they’re making on her and Yoona. Why do they like giving issues to Yoona? Can’t Yoona be friendly or caring to others without them thinking that Yoona is having some kind of romantic relationship with that someone?

“What?! Wow, somehow I feel relieved that you do not know her house yet.” Sooyoung said, who is afraid that Yoona and Yuri have really something.

“Why?” Yuri asked.

The silent Taeyeon suddenly spoke up. “Sooyoung likes you, Yuri. And it’s not in a friendly way.”

“Taeyeon!” Sooyoung frowned at Taeyeon because she just revealed her crush to her crush.

Yuri looked at Sooyoung in surprise. They all stopped walking. “Seriously?”

Sooyoung pouted cutely and nodded. “You sound so surprised.”

“Of course I’ll be surprised. You’re my… friend—“ Yuri realized that this is the first time she will call someone her friend other than her sister.

“Aw it hurts!” Sooyoung cried, clutching on her chest like she was just struck by an arrow. “But friends can lead into something, right?” she continued.

But Yuri isn’t really listening to her, she was actually happy that she has someone to call friends now. She smiled and looked at all of them. “Can I call you my friends now?”

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon blinked. “Of course we’re your friends!” Taeyeon said smiling. But it made Sooyoung felt hurt more.

“Ugh! I was friend-zoned!” She fake sob. And Yuri just chuckled and hugged Sooyoung to comfort her.

“Soo, friends last forever. Don’t be sad.”

Sooyoung then managed a smile and hugged Yuri back. “Okay, if you say so, friend.” Then she grins and let Yuri go.

“How ‘bout Yoona? Is she your friend too, Yuri?” Hyoyeon said, teasing Yuri.

“Drop it Hyo.” Yuri said. Hyoyeon just laughed.

But the three girls are thankful to Yoona for taking care of Yuri, who they treat as a princess in their group.

 

 

*

 

“Look who’s looking happy?” Yoona’s mom said as Yoona entered the house.

“Hi mom, how’s your day? Are your co-workers being nice to you?” Yoona can’t stop smiling. She’s so happy because she had spent time with Yuri today. And they seem to become closer now.

Mrs Im can’t help but to chuckle at her daughter’s mood. She’s just happy to see Yoona this happy from school. “I’ve been working with them for 7 years now; of course they’re nice to me. How ‘bout you? You look so happy. Did something happen at school?”

They headed to the kitchen. Mrs Im has started preparing dinner while Yoona went straight to the refrigerator to drink water.

“Nothing really mom. I just feel really happy. So I’ll go to my room now.”

“Okay dear. I’ll just call you when dinner’s ready.” Mrs Im said smiling.

Yoona then, gave her mom a sweet smile and then she headed upstairs to her room.

‘I think my Yoong is in love.’Mrs Im thought as she watched her daughter leave.

 

*

(Yoona’s POV:)

            As I got to my room, I opened my laptop and I thought of visiting my Facebook after for a hundred years, I think.

That’s right. I stopped visiting my Facebook account for a long time. And I think you already know why. It‘s because of my annoying admirers and stalkers. They always flood my inbox and spam my timeline. I got tired, so I stopped.

I decided to log in today just to check on…her.^^

After I logged in I quickly made myself invisible so no one would chat me up. But to my surprise, the number of private messages, notifications and friend requests are hundreds. Damn, am I a celebrity?

I decided to ignore it and went to the SMA group to check if…Yul is already a member. I’ll add her as a friend.

I like the nickname that I gave her, it’s so cute and it matches my nickname.

Then I clicked the group, but before I pointed my mouse over to the members’ button, the top post caught my attention.

I look at it.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter