Chapter 10: Did She Hear It Right?

The Queenka and the New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER TEN~

 

“Yul!” Yoona hurriedly ran after Yuri before she can reach their classroom, which is only eight steps away at this time. She held Yuri’s wrist and made her to face her. “Can-can we talk?”

Yuri gasped softly as Yoona called and held her wrist. “Yoong—what about?”

“Hi, Yuri!” Hyoyeon greeted, she’s on her way to the classroom too when she saw them. “Oh, hi to you too, Yoona.” She’s surprised to see Yoona and Yuri together again.

‘Thanks so much for interrupting, Hyo.’ Yoona thought sarcastically and forced a smile to Hyoyeon.

‘Thanks for coming Hyo.’ Yuri thought and smiled and waved at Hyo. She’s not ready to talk to Yoona.

“Uhm… what are you doing here outside?” Hyo asked and saw that Yoona is holding Yuri’s wrist. ‘What is going on here? Hmm…’

“Nothing. We are just on our way too.” Yoona answered and then she let go of Yuri and they all continued on their way to the classroom. But as they entered, Yoona muttered something to Yuri in a low voice. “Let’s talk later.”

Then Yoona continued to her seat. Yuri gulped and followed Yoona by her eyes before she also went to her respective seat.

 

*

 

 That lunch break, Yoona tried again but Yuri made an excuse this time, telling her that she can’t because she had promised her sister something about helping her at the library for an assignment. Yoona is thinking whether to believe that excuse or not. But she really saw Yuri with Seohyun, and they are on their way to the library. She sighed, but she’ll still try later at dismissal.

“I’m losing hope Jessica.” Yoona said. They’re at the student lounge that time. “It seems that she really doesn’t wanna talk to me.”

“Don’t lose hope Yoona. Maybe your timing is wrong. Try again later at dismissal. Let’s eat now, I’m hungry. Forget about her for a while.” Jessica then stood up and pulled Yoona’s arm. “Come on!”

“But I don’t feel like eating.” Yoona said, pouting like a kid.

“Wow, Yuri can make you forget about food, huh? Let’s see if you still don’t feel like eating when you’re in front of the foods later at the cafeteria. So come on!” Jessica used all her strength to make her stand up. Then Yoona stood up. “Fine. But where’s Tiffany anyway?”

“She’s busy doing the group report with her group-mates at the library. They have report today and they’re cramming.”

Yoona just nodded and then they made their way to the cafeteria and Jessica was right Yoona had forgotten about her frustrations, on not being able to find a right time to talk to Yuri, when she saw the foods. But they are neighbours right? Maybe she can use that advantage besides she already knows her house.

 

(Flashback: one week ago…)

Yoona has been missing Yuri so much. And even if she sees the girl every day at school, it is still not enough. She wants to talk to her; to feel her presence close to her again. So she had thought of stalking Yuri home since they’re just neighbours. It won’t be suspicious because they have the same way home.

She stayed a safe distance from her and somehow she felt contented on just following behind. She’s having a delusion that they’re going home together, it’s just that she was the only one who knows about it. :( Seohyun wasn’t around that time so it’s just her and Yuri. How she hopes that Yuri knows and accept her feelings. She’ll make her the happiest girl in the world. She’s willing to give everything to Yuri. But *insert a broken sound of disc here* does that mean that she’s going to neglect herself if she do that. But what does ‘never neglect yourself in the process of loving someone’ means?

Yoona threw her thoughts away when she saw Yuri entering the bus and she hurriedly went in too. Then she thought that maybe if Yuri saw her here, she will at least give her a small smile. But as she got in the bus, she saw that Yuri is looking out the window and is not looking anywhere, but out the window. Yoona’s shoulders fell and she just sat down near at the back of the bus. She just watched Yuri throughout the ride, her eyes not leaving her, until they reach their destination.

Yuri was the first one to leave the bus. Then Yoona still continued to secretly follow Yuri to her house. As they are nearing, Yoona hid behind a tree and watched Yuri enter her house. Yoona was amazed at how beautiful Yuri’s house is. It’s bigger than her house and her family seems really rich. She smiled, at least she knows Yuri’s house now.

And from that day on, Yoona always follows Yuri home, secretly.

(End of flashback.)

*

“I’m still hungry.” Yoona said after eating two batches of one cup rice.

“Wow, and you said that you don’t feel like eating today.” Jessica said and sipped a drink of her juice.

“Yeah, I think Yuri is the cause of my hunger. She’s making me sad. And food is making me happy.”

“Haha! Yoona, don’t lose hope. You’re just starting. Okay, I’ll help you. I think Krystal is classmates with Yuri’s younger sister. What’s her name?”

“Seohyun.”

“I’ll talk to Krystal to lure Seohyun later after school to go with her somewhere, so you can have a solo time with Yuri. And since you have all the time after school, I think Yuri won’t be able to make an excuse on not talking to you.”

Yoona smiled at Jessica’s idea. “I like that. Thanks! You’re always helping me. I am starting to feel that I’m a useless friend, always asking for help but was never able to help you.”

“Hmm… Not really. I’m happy to help you, but since you wanted to do something for me, I’ve thought of something.” Jessica smiled pleasantly at Yoona. Yoona wondered what it was about.

*

“Here at the garden?” Yoona asked after Jessica brought her at the school’s garden. “What are we gonna do here?” Yoona looked around the surroundings.

“Come.” Then Jessica dragged Yoona to the bench and they both sat down. Yoona looked at Jessica questioningly and she felt nervous when Jessica took a deep breath and was about to open .

“Hold it, Jessica- You’re not planning to confess to me, right?”

Jessica’s eyes widened at Yoona’s assumption and hit her shoulder. “Yah! I’m not. I just want you to listen to me.”

“Oh, sorry. You’re acting weird. What is it?”

“It’s about Tiffany.”

“What about her? Did you fight?”

“No.” Then Jessica sighed. “Should I tell you?”

“Why won’t you tell me?” Yoona pouted.

“Because I think this is going to be pointless.” Jessica started playing with her fingers, contemplating if she should tell her or not. Yoona didn’t answer and just let Jessica think about it. She’s not gonna force her.

“Fine. I’ll tell you but my only intention on telling you this, is to just let this go. I just needed someone to listen to me to vent this off.”

Yoona nodded and held Jessica’s hand. “I’m willing to listen.”

“Okay. Here it is….” Jessica closed her eyes again and took a deep breath before speaking.

“I… I like Tiffany.”

Yoona is so shocked but she tried not to react but her hold on Jessica tightened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter