Chapter 3: Yoong~

The Queenka and the New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER THREE~

                That Saturday morning Yuri and Seohyun’s parents got an invitation from the church in the neighbourhood if their daughters want to join the choir and as expected Seohyun was happy to join.

“Unnie! Let’s join together!” Seohyun said gleefully. Seohyun likes to sing and has a talent on it. Yuri has also a talent in singing but she’s not that good compared to her younger sister.

“Okay Hyunnie.” She smiled at Seohyun’s enthusiasm. Even though they’re so used in moving to different places and transferring to different schools every year or every after two years because of their parents’ business, they still try to participate and join in some clubs or activities so that they could still enjoy the new place they’ll temporary be staying at, at least, but they avoid attachments. Good acquaintances are fine. Both sisters don’t really have someone they call as friends, they only have each other that’s why they’re so close and they’d do things together as long as they can and if it’s possible.

“Your dad and I will be going to work now, if you want to join the choir go on. Here’s your pocket money for today. Love you.” Their mom said then they left their kids. They don’t have maids even if they can afford it, they just prefer doing things by themselves. And learning house chores is essential.

“Bye mom.”

“Take care, both of you and dad.”  Seohyun and Yuri said. They’re so used with the kind of life they have. They don’t have complains because even though their parents are busy persons, they never missed all their graduations and the school events they participated in. They understood well that their parents are working hard for them. And they never forget to give them pocket money. They’re very generous parents. But they never talked about personal lives or teenage problems. Yuri and Seohyun only have each other when it comes to those matters. But Yuri always keeps things to herself while Seohyun tells everything to her unnie. So Yuri thinks that it is enough.

As their parents left, they went out the house and locked it and went to ride their bikes to the church. Their parents haven’t bought cars for them yet because they’re still in high school; they are worried that they might be in a car accident but they promised to buy cars for them on college.

Not long after, they reached their destination and parked their bikes in the bicycles’ parking lot and padlocked their bikes.

Then they entered the church and saw that the choir are already having their practice. They have good blending and the sound is so pleasing to the ears so they decided for the choir to finish first before they interrupt. After a few minutes, the choir finished and the Kwon siblings clapped their hands, they all turned their heads to them.

“H-hi,” Seohyun said shyly. Yuri just timidly waved.

“Hi, you must be the daughters of Mr Kwon Jae Won and Mrs Kwon Yoon Hae.” The instructor said.

“Yes.” Yuri said and they both bowed. “My name’s Kwon Yuri and this is Kwon Seohyun.”

“I’m glad that you could come.”

“Yes, we really want to join.” Seohyun said. Then the instructor filtered their voice to know if they’re an alto, soprano or mezzo-soprano. Yuri is alto and Seohyun is mezzo-soprano. Then they started to practice almost the whole day.

They finished their practice on 3 pm. And before going home the siblings went to bike around the central park of the city while talking and laughing.

“I’m so excited tomorrow unnie. We’ll sing at the mass!”

Yuri giggled. “You talk like you haven’t sung in a mass before.”

“But it’s so long ago. I am just 12 years old that time and you’re 14.”

“You’re right.”

*

“Yoong? Wake up now. It’s already 6 am.” Her mom shouted and knocked on the door. Yoona groaned and stretched. Every Sunday the whole family attends mass.

Then she went to fix her bed and went to eat breakfast. After that, she went to brush her teeth and then bath. After bathing she wore a light pink one-piece dress with white belt and white midi wedge sandals to match with her belt. And then light make-up. Then she just let her hair down and wore a little bit of perfume before she went out of her room to meet her parents.

“Come on dear, your dad’s already in the car.” Her mom said and then they went in their Montero Sport. As they are all buckled her dad went to drive to the church.

As Yoona entered the church the first thing that she hears is the choir. The sound of the choir became better than the previous Sundays. They went to sit third row from the front and is kind of near from the choir. There’s still 10 minutes left before the mass starts and the choir stopped for a bit and Yoona realized that they’re just warming up. So she turned to where the choir is and saw that the choir is new. That’s why it was better than before. But in reality this choir is originally singing in the evening mass but their time slot changed and they shifted with the previous choir that Yoona knows.

As Yoona examined every faces of the new choir and she can’t believe what her eyes are seeing. The choir started singing again and her eyes never left the person that she saw. And she can’t believe when the said person begins to sing a solo. Her ears can’t also believe what she’s hearing. The said person’s voice is so sweet and she was very impressed but her pride can’t accept it. But she’s too engrossed at watching the person that she hadn’t realized that the mass has started and was slightly agape.

‘I didn’t know Kwon Yuri can sing.’

Yoona doesn’t know that Yuri’s voice will be like the arrows of cupid that will hit her whole being.

*

Yoona kept on stealing glances at Yuri the whole mass and she’s thankful that Yuri seems not to notice her from the crowds. And it’s ironic because the priest’s sermon is about loving your enemy. Yoona sighed and signed of the cross before leaving the church. “Is the Lord telling me to love—err… maybe He just wants me to be friends with Yuri.” She mumbled while walking to the parking lot when suddenly someone called her.

“Yoona-ssi?”

Yoona snapped from her trance. ‘Yoona-ssi?’ Then she immediately turned and saw Yuri’s sister. She’s already dressed up into casual clothes.

“Hi, you’re Yuri unnie’s classmate right?” Seohyun approached her.

“Err… y-yes.” Yoona looked at her confusedly as to what Seohyun’s reason for calling her.

“I knew it! By the way, I’m Kwon Seohyun, I’m Yuri unnie’s younger sister.” Seohyun held her hand to Yoona for a handshake. Yoona shook it briefly. “I’m Im Yoona.”

“I know. You’re popular at school.”

Yoona felt awkward at Seohyun’s enthusiasm. She’s so different from Yuri but at least she’s nice.

“I just wanna tell you to please take care of Yuri unnie well. I know she seems kinda conceited and is sassy sometimes but it’s just her front. She’s really a very nice unnie.” Seohyun smiled.

“Uhm… why—why are you—“

“Hyunnie there you are!”

“Unnie!”

Yoona hadn’t finished her question when she saw Yuri. Yuri had already changed her clothes too. Although she’s just wearing a checkered (red and black) hanging blouse that was tucked in a short shorts and sneakers as her shoes, absurdly, her heart started to beat fast. Even if she looks so simple, she’s still looks beautiful as always then she suddenly remembered her voice earlier. Actually her sister sang better but Yuri’s voice was the one that was stuck in her head.

“Yoona?” Yuri said as she saw the person Seohyun is talking to. Yoona looks prettier today with a casual dress. She looks elegant and she’s like an angel. She remembered the girl in the playground again and she doesn’t know why the image of that girl keeps appearing on her mind whenever she sees Yoona. Was it really Yoona?

“Hey, Y-Yuri.” Yoona said and she felt more awkward.

“Uhm… You attend mass here?” Yuri asked subtly, it’s her way to know if Yoona is just living within neighbourhood and thought that they could be neighbours.

“Yes.” Yoona said coolly.

“Really?!” Seohyun said and became more enthus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter