Chapter 1 : Love day? Really?!

The Queenka and the New Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~CHAPTER ONE~

               

                                It’s Valentine’s Day again, the day Yoona is dreading the most since she studied at SM Academy, an all-girls high school. It’s her sophomore year and she’s in section 2B while her two friends, Tiffany and Jessica are on 2A. She went straight to her locker first thing in the morning to get her math and literature book. Thankfully, there’s no one around the lockers. She leaves almost all her stuff inside her locker because she doesn’t want her bag to be heavy from all the books. But this time is different. Yoona regretted that she left her books inside knowing that when she opened her locker something horrifying will happen. She sighed while she stared hard at her locker as if the load inside her locker will disappear. She looked at her wrist watch, there’s still 30 minutes before their homeroom will start. But it doesn’t mean that the time will wait for her.

“Ugh… I have no choice.” She mumbled to herself and unlocked her locker. As she swung it open she quickly backed off before she gets pinned down by the hundred letters that bursts from her locker. She cursed mentally and wondered how her admirers managed to put all those letters.

Now, the letters blocked her way so she still can’t get near her locker to get her books.  So she searched for a janitor and luckily, she found a janitor, sweeping the floor, not far from her.

“Ajhussi!” she called and the janitor heard her instantly since the corridor is quiet.

“Yes?” the janitor approached her and saw the mess. “Oh, you want me to clean those… letters?” the janitor was amazed by the number of letters.

“Yes, please.” Yoona smiled politely.

“But aren’t those for you? Wait, I’ll just get a huge garbage bag.” Then the janitor left for a bit to get a garbage bag. Then after a minute, he went back and started to pick up an armful of letters. “Have you read all of these?”

“No.” she simply answered as she checked the time again; 25 minutes before class.

“Why? You’ll break their heart. They’ve put effort and maybe all their heart to write you these”

She scoffed at what the janitor said. “But they should’ve thought how it’ll burden me. Please, ajhussi, just throw it all. I still need to get something in my locker and these…stupid letters are in the way.” She kicked the letters. This is so annoying.

“Okay, but I’ll leave at least 20 letters. Be considerate of their feelings.” Then the janitor put the armful letters in the garbage bag and then another handful and then another.

“Why? I didn’t ask them to write letters for me. And you talk like you also wrote letters for me.”

The janitor laughed a bit at what she said. “Why would I write a letter to you? I’m happily married.” Then the janitor showed the ring to her and then he went to pick another handful of letters and left the lucky 20 letters.

“Wow, congratulations ajhussi.”

“Thank you. That’s why I’m telling you to at least read a few letters maybe you’ll find the right one from those admirers.”

“Aigoo… ajhussi is such a hopeless romantic.” She can’t help but to chuckle. “I’m a realist so I don’t believe on all that. And besides, how can I find my Mr Right here? This is an all-girls-school!” Yoona laughed again and the janitor can’t help but to laugh along with her.

“Did I say Mr Right? I said that you might find your right one. And your right one might be Ms Right.”

Yoona cringe a bit at that. There’s no way she’ll fall for a girl. “But… I’m not bi and definitely not a homo.”

“Love knows no preference young miss… just telling you. So I’m done here.”

“Thank you, ajhussi. See ya around.” She said nonchalantly. The janitor just smiled and left. As he left, Yoona started to mumble. “Who is he to give me lecture about love? Like I care. And there’s no way I’ll be turned to gay even if this school is full of homos.” Then she finally got her books and all of her subjects for today so there’s no way she’ll come back to her locker for today. She also stuffed the 20 letters in her backpack. “Sorry my dear locker but you need to suffer for a bit.” Then she closed her locker and patted it two times before she went to her class. As she left the lockers that’s when her admirers and fangirls started to crowd her locker again to put another… letters + chocolates.

            As Yoona got to her classroom, she saw someone sitting on her place. No one dares to sit on her seat. “Yah! That’s my place.” The girl is facing the window so Yoona can’t see her face. The girl has long straight silky black hair. Yoona tried to think of who this might be. She scanned around the classroom to look at her classmates and her classmates had worried looks on their faces, they’re all looking at the girl who’s still looking out the window like she hadn’t heard Yoona at all.

“Yah! Are you deaf?!”

This time the girl turned and took off her earphones. “Huh? You are saying something?”

And as expected the girl is a transfer but her time to transfer is very unusual. Yoona saw that the new girl has tanned skin and is beautiful but she rolled her eyes at her. “I said that’s my place, new girl.”

“Oh.” The new girl simply said and started to look around the desk like she’s searching for something. “But I don’t see any name here. And they said I can sit wherever I want.”

Yoona scoffed and smirked at the new girl. “Everyone knows that that’s my place, right girls?”

Her classmates answered. “Y-Yes.” Everyone is nervous at the tension between the two. No one dares to answer the queenka the way that the new girl answers her.

“Woah.” The new girl breathed and to avoid fighting with this scrawny girl with a b*tchy attitude she just stood up and left the seat. Her classmates said earlier that she can sit anywhere since there’s no arrangement. Did they just make fun of her? So this time she became more careful and asked if she can occupy the seat.

Yoona sat down coolly without a care in the world but she watched the new girl looking for seats and saw that she sat down beside their class president Taeyeon. After that, Yoona decided to read one letter since there’s still 5 minutes left before homeroom starts. As she took the letter and opened it, she heard someone exclaimed “Omo~is that my letter?” but she just ignored it and just read the letter or rather scanned the letter by her eyes. She doesn’t need to read the words one by one since the content is the same with the previous letters she had received. So after scanning it she just threw it away to the direction of the girl who exclaimed earlier and she began to read another letter. Not long after she heard sobs and running away.

The second letter is not different from the first letter. “Aish… this is tiring. Can’t they think of a new one?” Yoona mumbled and just threw it too. She decided that she’ll just throw it all away. Why did she even listened to the janitor?

Not long after, their homeroom teacher entered the room and they stood up to greet their adviser as a sign of respect. Even if Yoona has a b*tchy attitude and even if almost all the girls go gay for Yoona, the reputation of their school when it comes to discipline is good.

“Maybe you already know that you have a new classmate and also maybe some of you had introduced to one another.” Their adviser, Mr Lee said.

“Yes.” Some of the class answered, except Yoona because her interaction with the new girl earlier is far from a friendly introduction. And they never introduced. Yoona introduced her seat and not herself to the girl. Not that she really cares, and maybe in that way the new girl won’t dare confess to her in the future because if she had been nice to her earlier, there’s a big possibility that the new girl will be one of her admirers in the future.

“But even so, you still need to introduce yourself in the class.” Mr Lee continued. The new girl stood up. “Do I need to go in front?” she asked.

“No need, you can stay there.” Mr Lee smiled the girl nodded. “Uhm…” she coughed for a bit. “Hi, my name’s Kwon Yuri.” She looked around so that her classmates will know her. She has a small smile in her face. And her smile faded as she saw the scrawny girl earlier looking boringly at her. She looks away. The scrawny girl annoys her.

“Why’d you transferred here so suddenly?” someone asked and as expected it is Sooyoung. Yuri turned to Sooyoung. “Uhm… we just moved this weekend here in this city because of family business and also because this is the only nice school near in the place so they transferred me here.”

“Ooh…” the class answered.

“Please be nice to me. That’s all.” Yuri continued then she bowed.

“That’s all?” Hyoyeon and Sooyoung answered. Obviously, they are making fun of Yuri since the duo is well known as being the bullies in the class.

“Yes.” Yuri said a bit confused wondering what else she should be saying. Should she need to say her birthday and hobbies? That’s so childish. “Uhm… what is there you need to know? If—if you want to know more about me then talk to me personally, I don’t need to announce my life story in the whole class right?” then she sat back down.

Mr Lee can’t help but to smile a bit. “It seems that Hyoyeon and Sooyoung had found their match.” He said. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon just smiled at that.

Yoona smirked after hearing that as she remembered her not-so-well interaction with Yuri. It seems that not only Sooyoung and Hyoyeon had found their match, Yoona as well. But Yoona wondered how long this girl can carry her sassy attitude towards her when she knows who her classmates are, especially her, the queenka of the campus.

“Okay it’s time.” Mr Lee said and stood up from his seat and gathered his things. “Behave while you wait for Ms Park.” Then he left the room. As Mr Lee left the room, half of the class gathered around Yuri while Yoona jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter