Happiness

Come Back to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi

 

            “EXO!” The MC cheered as he handed EXO the biggest MAMA award, the daesang award. It’s the end of 2013 and EXO’s new hit, Growl has been very popular around the world. It even hit the million seller record that has not been achieved for more than a decade. I’m very proud of Jongin. I’m proud of the work he accomplished and also his maturity in maintaining our relationship.

            A buzz cut through my chain of thoughts and I opened my phone to see a text message.

            Jonginie: Kang Seul! Did you see the TV? We won!

            I smiled at the text message he sent me and decided to a bit.

            Seulgi: I also saw the way you were crying like a baby

            Jongin: No I didn’t! It wasn’t on the TV! Hyung said so.

            I laughed a bit and decided to just ignore him. So he was crying and the show was over because he was able to get his phone from his manager.

            It was the end of the year and MAMA was the last award show before EXO could have a two-week break. It was one of those rare nights where Jongin and I could interact just the way we were before. After our discussion a few months ago, Jongin has been very mature about it. He respected my privacy by not hanging out with me in public or causing any rumors. Our relationship was the basic sunbae and hoobae relationship that no staff in SM would be suspicious about. Any romantic relationship caught in SM would be reported right away to Youngmin sajangnim and we’d be dead.

            I opened my phone again and texted Jongin that I would be waiting in my practice room. We decided that we should just hang out in the practice room so that nobody would be suspicious of us. We were just friends who loves to practice and although that was true, staff might take it as idols who are secretly dating behind the CEO’s back.

            I was dancing for a song called Be Natural when Jongin came in through the door.

            “Seulgi!” He hugged me as soon as he reached me and jumped up and down.

            “Congrats Jongin!” I hugged him back as he set me down on the ground. I rubbed his eyes and laughed. “Your eyeliner is still there.”

            He laughed too and tried wiping his eyes. I held his hands back because I knew it would just hurt his eyes instead of removing that piece of make up.

            “How are you? It’s been like 3 months since we last talked properly.” I could see a hint of sadness in Jongin’s eyes but I chose to ignore it. Relationship is one of the things we have promised to sacrificed the moment we signed our contract with SM.

            “Well, I’m debuting soon—”

            “That’s great!” He hugged me again but I pulled away.

            “As a rookie, Jongin. SM’s releasing this SMRookies group where all the rookies are introduced to the public but not yet in a set group. I know who my group will be though, but our debut date is not set yet—”

            “That’s still so great!” He interrupted me once more and hugged me even longer.

            “But, Jongin. I was just wondering…” I trailed of as I set on the chair I used for my choreography previously. “How do I adapt to idol life?”

            “Well, it’s quite hard at first. People will start judging you. People will start comparing you to your sunbaes. I was compared to Taemin.” He added a bitter laugh. “I swear that was the worst moment of my life and I almost gave up on being an idol. People follow me wherever I go. A fan literally bought an identical van as ours and we were almost kidnapped. It’s a dangerous life and at that time all I wanted was to quit.”

            I looked at him in adoration as I saw how he talked about his hardships and how he at the same time felt proud for getting through it. I rest my elbows on my knees and leaned down to Jongin who was sitting on the floor.

            “What made you persevere?”

            He looked up and searched into my eyes. “Do you want me to answer honestly? Or do you want me to give you an answer that you can relate to?”

            I tilted my head and shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. Why don’t you give me both.”

            He smiled and smirked a little and I swear at that moment God was there with me to resist temptation. That plump lips of his was so alluring I was proud of myself for resisting.

            “Well, the general answer would be remembering my life as a trainee. I have trained years for this and I chose this life, it is my responsibility to face these consequences.”

            I nod and understood a little but I was more curious to his honest answer.

            “What’s your other answer?”

            “Well,” He glanced at me and bit the corner of his lips. “You.” He looked down and I swear I saw a tint of read on his cheeks.

            He peeked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter