I Fell in Love with My Best Friend

Come Back to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin

“Happiness!” I kept on replaying the teaser on YouTube.

            “Jongin stop it! I’m getting sick of it!” Chanyeol hollered from the other side of the room. EXO was currently on break. Things have been quite disastrous these past few months. Kris hyung decided that he didn’t like how much he was paid and how the company treated him so he wanted to file a lawsuit. EXO’s been on break because we were emotionally unstable and well, people’s been judging SM Entertainment.

            “Have you watched it hyung?” I asked Kyungsoo who was playing on his phone next to me.

            “Let me see.” He said as he placed down his phone and we watched Red Velvet’s teaser for the nth time.

            “Don’t you think the song’s too childish for them? I mean, Joohyun noona is already 24 years old. Oh, and where is Yerim?”

            “Yerim’s at school. SM said they’re going to add her later next year once she turned 17.”

            The boys soon gathered up and we watched the video again as a group.

            “I thought they were going to debut on October or November?”

            “Well, thanks to Kris now SM needs a distraction for the netizens. Red Velvet just happened to be the prepared distraction.” Luhan added with some coldness in his voice. Everyone is still shaken up about Kris’ issue. Nobody knew he would file an issue and cooperate with a Chinese company.

            I looked at the screen and saw the girl with yellow tips on her hair. I smiled softly and went outside of the practice room. I walked to the elevator and went to the floor where all the trainees are practicing. I entered the last room and found Seulgi dancing to her debut song alone. As soon as I opened the door she quickly paused the music and turned to look at me.

            “Jongin! What’s with the surprise visit? You shocked me!” She said as she placed a hand on her chest, where her heart was beating.

            “Why’d you stop? I won’t bother you.” I added with a smile as I walked closer to her.

            “I’m not allowed to let anyone hear the song. Not even sunbaes.” She emphasized the last word with a teasing glance.

            “How are you Jongin?” She said as we both sat down on the couch.

            I sighed and looked at her with my neck resting on the back of the couch. I knew what she meant by that question. She was asking how I’ve been coping with the lawsuit issue.

            “Well, not so good.”

            She turned towards me as she rested her sides on the couch and faced me. “Let it all out. I’m fine if you’re going to cry. I have tissues prepared.” She joked as she lifted the pack of tissue from her backpack.

            I smiled but I knew that the back of my eyes were already burning.

            “Seul, I want to be happy for your debut but right now I guess my mood’s not very happy.” I sighed and looked at her and saw her concern face. I smiled a bit looking at her brows furrowed and her lips slightly parted, still heavily breathing after her dance session.

            “Kris hyung is filing a lawsuit against SM and he has a Chinese company backing him up. Our stocks our dropping drastically and we have stopped our overdose promotion. I don’t know whether I should support my brother or if I should be disappointed in him.” I cracked at the last word but I still didn’t cry.

            “You can’t hate him Jongin, neither can you hate the company. You shouldn’t side with anyone if you don’t know the full story. I know that Kris sunbaenim might look like he’s selfish after filing a lawsuit against SM because he also stopped EXO’s activities, but he might be doing something good. After the lawsuit, who knows, SM might just treat you guys better so that nobody files another lawsuit. You can’t blame SM too because they’re just doing what companies would do in order to stay successful. SM’s also the reason you’ve become an idol and I’m becoming one. Without it, our dreams would remain as dreams.”

            She held my hand I just looked at her with affection. She always knows what to say in the right time.

            “I know Seul, but I just can’t help it. Kris hyung’s lawsuit might’ve been the cause of EXO to disband. SM might go bankrupt because of the lawsuit and people would think SM’s a horrible company.” I started rambling but Seulgi squeezed my hand and I slowed down. “I was just scared my life as an idol ended in just 2 years.” A tear dropped but I didn’t know until Seulgi wiped it away.

            I chuckled and held her hand that wiped my tear. “Why am I crying? I’m such a crybaby.”

            “Sometime’s I think men are allowed to cry once in awhile. It shows that they are still human and they have feeling, so just let it all out Kai. You’re still a human.”

            I smiled and I cried softly. I didn’t cry buckets or sob but my tears just fall one by one and Seulgi was there to wipe each and every one of them.

            “There’s also another reason why I’m crying.”

            Seulgi stopped wiping my face and looked at me. “What is it?”

            “I’m missed you.”

            Seulgi stopped moving and she placed her hand on her lap. “I missed you too.”

            “And I’m going to miss you later Seu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter