Goodbye

Come Back to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE IN THE BOTTOM. VERY IMPORTANT.

Seulgi

            It’s 2013 now, and my fight with Jongin needs to end. I realized I was childish, but I am still a child anyway, at least at heart. I get hurt when people leave me. I get hurt when people offend me just because of a misunderstanding. I didn’t like how Jongin treated me, and I think I’ve made that very clear to me.

            It was the beginning of 2013 and Jongin’s birthday is coming up. I wanted to prepare him a gift as an apology and a birthday gift. I was very excited to this event because I heard that Jongin just had one schedule that day and he was free for the entire day. That meant he would stay in the company and practice. When does Jongin every stop practicing anyway?

            I told my plans to Joohyun and she told me that I was insane. I know it was too sudden. I have been ignoring him and acting like he didn’t exist for the past month and now he’s suddenly receiving a heartfelt present from his supposedly current enemy. I tried to put that thought aside because I am determined to apologize to him. I have realized that since the day Jongin debuted we have fought and we had made up after that and we weren’t even a couple. My friendship and Jongin was supposed to be a lot stronger than that. Instead of continuing this act and avoiding him for the rest of my life, I was willing to be the one who steps down and apologize to him.

            I have planned to give him a surprise visit in his practice room, in the debuted artist floor, and give him his present there, but my problem was searching for a gift for him.

            It has been awhile since I’ve talked to Jongin. Last time I talked to him as a close best friend, he wanted an iPhone 4 and now apple was announcing that they were going to release iPhone 5 in the end of 2013 and Jongin has an iPhone 4 already. Even if he still wanted an iPhone 4, I wouldn’t want to spend that much money on a phone. I could use it for dinner, tickets for movies and more.

            I tried asking his friends but it was awkward for me to ask them when Jongin seems to be always present whenever I found s. The only member I could talk to was Sehun.

            “Sehun-ah come here.” I told him as his group just finished his routine.

            “What?”

            “Can you help me with something?” I asked him slowly, afraid that he would back away once I told him the reason.

            “Sure. As long as it’s something I’m capable of doing.”

            “You see, Jongin’s birthday is coming up…” I trailed off and saw one of the corners of his mouth slightly lift.

            “I thought you two are fighting?”

            I nodded sadly and looked at my finger as I played with them. It was one of the habits I picked up from Jongin. We would fiddle with our fingers when we’re shy.

            “I wanted to give him a birthday present that could also be an apology. I need to end this fight, it’s ridiculous.” Sehun chuckled and his eyes turned into two crescents.

            “I’m glad you woke up.”

            “Sehun…” I whined.

            “How do I help you though? I don’t know what he wants for a birthday present. He told everyone in the group to not give him any present because he had everything he wanted already.”

            Seulgi’s sighed heavily at Sehun’t statement. What can she do now? Jongin doesn’t want anything. He has everything he needs. He doesn’t need me. He doesn’t need my apology.

            “But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apologize Seulgi. You know, you apologizing is already a gift to him. That could be best birthday present.”

            I bit my lip and thought about it. Does he still care about me? Does he still hate me? I shook my head at those thought and decided that I’m still going to apologize to him. I don’t care if he won’t forgive me or if he still hates me, I just need to let it out. I can’t feel guilty for the rest of my life.

            “You know, Jongin doesn’t always want materials as his gift. That’s your hint.” Sehun winked and walked away to shower.

            I pondered at his words and walked my way to the company. On the way I saw Taeyong walking alone and I decided to catch up to him. Maybe he knows what Jongin wants.

            “Boo!” I shocked him from behind.

            “Noona!” I laughed at his reaction and ruffled his hair.

            “Why did you ask me if you could call me by my name if you’re going to just call me noona. C’mon. Make me feel young for once.” I joked and slapped his shoulder. I thought he would’ve slapped me back like he would’ve done usually but he didn’t. I looked at him and he was looking down with a shy smile.

            “What’s wrong with you?” I tilted his head up but he looked sideways, pulling his face away. Before completely turning the other way I saw his cheeks burning.

            “Cute.” I muttered and walked ahead. I heard his footsteps behind me and eventually waited for him. I wanted to ask him about Jongin’s present anyway.

            “Taeyongie. What do guys usually want if they were to receive a gift?”

            “Gift?” He looked at me with suspicion. “Is someone’s birthday coming up?”

            “No, I just feel like giving this guy a gift.” That is true actually. I gave up the idea on getting Jongin a birthday present. I just wanted to give him a gift that could be a form of an apology.

            “Well,” I looked at him and saw him blush again. What’s happening with this boy?

            “Well guys are usually the ones who give material gifts to girls. They are also the ones who prepare surprise events because that is their job to make the girl feel pampered.” I nod along as I heard him speak like a love guru when I actually just wanted to know what to give to my best friend.

            “In my opinion, I think guys will really appreciate it if the girls give something they feel is special, something that represents, something that they make and not just buying objects. Guys are not supposed to make girls spend money on them so they want something that the girl can offer without money.”

            I thought for awhile and I accidentally thought of a disgusting thought. I looked at him with a shocked expression. “You mean…give him that?”

            Taeyong was confused for a second but then he quickly shook his head with a panicked expression. “Oh my gosh no! Seul I would never suggest you to do that!”

            I calmed down while laughing a bit looking at Taeyong flustered. He might look cool and cold to everyone but when you get to know him, he’s just a cute puppy.

            By that time, we have already reached the company and we separated ways because th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter