Chapter Nine

Love And Friendship

Woohyun was actually fighting the urge to leave the younger alone as he wanted to stay by his side and be the shoulder where Myungsoo could cry on. But when Myungsoo said that he was fine and needed some time by himself, he let out a long huffed sigh and walked outta the room with a heavy heart. Woohyun grabbed the door knob and twisted it open and slowly closed it again – careful not to bother the second maknae. He was about to head back towards his own room but his track was stopped when he saw Sungkyu. His back was leaning against the wall and he had his eyes shut, waiting for something to happen.

Woohyun slowly approached him and gave him a pat on his shoulder. He was at the edge of shouting and screaming in his face for hurting Myungsoo but he knew that Myungsoo would probably hate him if he'd do this - Myungsoo really hates arguments.

“Sungkyu… -he said, clenching his fists-... Go talk to him. I don’t know and I don’t care what happened, but goddamn solve it! I don’t like seeing my best friend like that”. Woohyun was dead serious and just talking to him had actually pissed him off. So without waiting for any replies from the leader, he started to walk past him, not even giving him a single glance to his presence.

“Do you love him?” Suddenly Sungkyu asked which made Woohyun stop his footsteps and turned his head to face him.

“What?”

“Just answer truthfully, Woohyun. Don't lie. Do you love him?” he asked again using a calmer voice.

Woohyun couldn’t say anything. He was surprised when Sungkyu suddenly asked him that. Was he being too obvious about his feelings for Myungsoo? He thought as suddenly the question kept ringing in his mind over and over again.

“I…. I….” he stuttered as the words got caught in his throat.

Sungkyu was eyeing him intensely when suddenly Woohyun started to freeze. He kept waiting for the answers, but seeing how Woohyun was shifting uncontrollably left and right and stammering here and there, Sungkyu already got his answer.

“Okay. I got it. No need to explain anything. I will go and talk to him”

He knew it. He knew that Woohyun had a crush on his boyfriend all this time. It was pretty obvious. The way Woohyun touched him, talked to him, , and all of it just showed how the guy had fallen head over heels for Myungsoo.

Eventually, Sungkyu turned his head, leaving a speechless Woohyun behind and made his way towards Myungsoo’s door, giving it a gentle knock.

“Myungsoo?” he questioned carefully, but since he didn’t receive any reply, he tried again.

"Myungsoo?" he repeated, but there was still no sign from Myungsoo to open the door. That's why Sungkyu began to slowly twist the door knob a little and it turned out that it wasn’t locked. So, with a heavy breath, he braced himself to face anything which would come his way and entered the room.

Once he was inside the dark and dull painting of the room, the first thing his eyes caught was Myungsoo who was sitting on the floor holding his knees close to his chest. He knew he had hurt the younger man a lot and Myungsoo probably needed to hear his explanations about everything, so he bravely moved his body and made his way towards the sitting boy and sat next to him.

“Hey…” he said calmly.

Myungsoo wanted to ignore him but he knew he needed this talk to settle everything out. There was no point in running away from the truth.

“Hey…” he bluntly replied back.

This was a good start. Both of them said in their mind at the same time.

“About earlier… I’m sorry...” Myungsoo just hummed and waited for the leader to continue.

“Can you believe it if I said that I love him? Please do because I really have fallen for him, Myungsoo. I’m in love with your best friend”

Myungsoo stayed in a silent for a while thinking how this could have happened. How can he fall for Sungyeol when all this time, Sungkyu had been spending time with him? –And so he thought.

“How?” Myungsoo whispered slowly letting out the curiosity inside him.

“I don’t know. Maybe because he always makes me laugh and happy and is always there by my side? I don’t know why, but lately I have felt too comfortable with having him around me all the time. He always makes me laugh when I'm upset and my heart always beats faster whenever he is by my side. Every time I look at him, I can’t help it but to smile. His presence makes my heart flutter, Myungsoo and I can’t even explain how he does this." Sungkyu explained and let out an awkward laugh at the end.

Myungsoo stared blankly, looking at the gray wall of his room. Somehow he felt deja’vu. It's the same feeling whenever he is together with Woohyun. At the Weekly Idol recording studios, at the grocery shop, in the kitchen, during all these incidents  where Woohyun took care of him his heart had beaten faster and he had had this strange feeling in his belly region like millions of butterflies were flying inside of him. During the past weeks, he had been so happy with Woohyun like he actually had never been before in his life. So did that mean he actually fell in love with Woohyun? - He thought. As if Sungkyu understood what he was thinking about, he continued.

“Yes Myungsoo. That’s how you feel when you are with Woohyun”

Myungsoo surely didn’t expect that, and so he shockingly shifted his head and looked at the elder. How could he read his mind?

“I noticed how you always look at Woohyun and the way Woohyun stares at you too. You are both in love- obviously! I was jealous no doubt, but after I started to feel the same way for Sungyeol I guess I understand it. Don’t you feel anything when you are with Woohyun? Doesn’t your heart skip a beat and don't you feel the need of the sudden touch from him when you're near him? And don't you wish to always stay by his side and never be seperated from him because it's just too painful?” Sungkyu asked but Myungsoo still seemed to be in a daze and was lost in his mind. Maybe everyone was right. He is dumb enough to not notice the simple beating of his heart for someone he had actually fallen for. Sungkyu thought while slightly shaking his head.

Myungsoo was lost. He tried to register everything Sungkyu had just said to him in his mind, but when suddenly the thought of Woohyun appeared in his head- his smiles, his touches, his bravado, his awkward jokes which seemed to be amusing only to himself, Myungsoo couldn’t help it but flashing a sincere and loving smile.

“Woohyun…” he suddenly blurted out, not realizing that he had actually spoken out the name of his beloved hyung.

Sungkyu turned his head as he heard the name coming out from Myungsoo’s mouth and saw how the younger was suddenly smiling to himself. That's why he playfully punched Myungsoo in the shoulder and couldn't stop himself from laughing at the redness of the younger’s face.

“See. You do love him, don’t you?”

“Am not!” Myungsoo said, hiding his blushing face with his hands.

“So… Is this the end for us?”

“I guess so. Or do you still want us to be together after knowing that you have fallen for Woohyun and I have fallen for Sungyeol? I can do that and love both of you at the same time, you know - he teased, but ended up earning a playful punch on the shoulder-… We do love each other Myungsoo and I was truly happy about it, but to be honest, I already felt that you love Woohyun more than me but you just didn’t realize it. But I guess that's all in the past now, and our hearts now belong to someone else, don’t you agree?”

Myungsoo thought for a while but Sungkyu was right. He has to admit that his heart was always beating faster when the voice of Woohyun kept calling his name, whispered in his ear and it made Myungsoo nodding his head in agreement.

But…it was still sad when the thought of how his first love was about to come to an end was about to arrive.

“Don’t worry, Myung. To make it better, nobody is replacing you as my favorite dongsaeng.” And hearing this from Sugkyu made Myungsoo smile.

“Yeah, same goes for me, hyung. You’re still the best hyung for me” Myungsoo said showing his dimple.

Sungkyu gave Myungsoo a last hug before deciding to leave the room and for the last time, Myungsoo hugged his hyung back using the same force as Sungkyu giving him- and slowly tears started to fall on both of their faces. Sungkyu was the first to break the hug and gave Myungsoo a tender pat on the head. After that, he made his way to the door and when he finally opened it, he saw Woohyun standing at the frame with tears dropping from his eyes. Woohyun had been listening to their talk since the beginning and if Sungkyu hadn't it already known before, he definitely would have known how how strong Woohyun's feelings were for the younger. The leader was 100% sure that Woohyun would take well care of the younger and love him till the end of his life.

In that way he gave him a small smile and stepped back, allowing Woohyun to enter the room and walked out of the door. Goodbye, Myungsoo... He slowly murmured, and headed back to the person who has won his heart, Sungyeol.

Myungsoo was still sitting on the cold floor with his head buried in his knees as tears started to fall. Although he knew it was for the best, he still felt a little sadness and pain in his heart. He was too focused on the thinking that he didn't even realize when Woohyun entered. He only managed to look up when he felt a figure slowly approaching him nearer and nearer.

"Woohyun?" He lifted his face and was quite surprised seeing the tears in Woohyun's eyes.

Woohyun made his way towards the younger and stopped right in front of him before he knelt down and gently grabbed Myungsoo’s hands.

“You love me?” he asked. Myungsoo stared into Woohyun’s eyes and the way they sparkled made him stop breathing. His heart was suddenly beating faster again and the butterflies were back while he looked into those beautiful, shining, dark brown eyes filled with love and hope. Myungsoo wanted to say ‘yes’ but with Woohyun standing in front of him and staring at him like that, made him blush- beet red..

“Am not…” he said in defense.

“Yah! Stop lying… I heard what you and Sungkyu hyung said just now”

"Wait..w-what?" he stammered.

"I heard it- all of it, Kim Myungsoo." Woohyun couldn’t help it but to grin.

“So why you are still asking then?” Myungsoo argued back – he was not losing to this fight- but it actually just made Woohyun more pissed off.

“Yah! I just want to….-suddenly it clicked- ...Wait, so does this mean you really like me?” Woohyun asked with excitement in his voice.

Myungsoo cheeks turned crimson red as he was blushing really really hard. He nodded and that’s all it took for Woohyun to kiss him passionately.

Woohyun savored those plump lips which he was so eager to taste and kept dreaming about it since the very beginning and it felt so right. He felt finally complete when Myungsoo reciprocated their kiss with the same eagerness, he felt like he was going straight to paradise.

“I love you!” Woohyun said after seeking a short breath from the kiss.

“I love you too” Myungsoo said and leaned in once more and closed the gap between them.

 


 

I failed in writing sweet ending...-.- Well, this is the final chapter. I couldn't believe I managed to complete the story. Hope you guys enjoy it...

 

Hey Ho, this is Valerya again!^^ I think it's now already over a year since the last time I edited something on this story and for this I am seriously SO DAMN SORRY!!!! >.< But there has been a lot going on in my life lately since I finished school last year and didn't know what to do next since I couldn't study what I wanted to study and had to find an alternative and this really was a lot troubling for me. But now it's A LOT better again thank goodness and today I got the thought that I should REALLY continue editing this story since so many of you show so much love for it which is REALLY endearing and touching, honestly!~_^ This makes teenagegirl07 and me SO happy and SO proud and for that I just want to thank you awewome people again!!!!^^ Thank you so much for your lovely and encouraging comments and just for the fact that you show so much love for this fic!!!!^^

I am being honest, I'm not 100% satisfied with this chapter since I kinda find it a bit too quick and stuffed, but to be honest I don't have an idea how to rewrite this chapter! XD Maybe you have some inspirations or an idea will come flown to me who knows! XD

Anyways, I really really hope you enjoyed this FINALLY edited chapter and that you still want to continue reading it since I am planning to add one or two more chapters and one these will DEFINITELY be an Hojong one since I absolutely adore these two together and after Gyuyeol and Myunghyun they are my top 3 INFINITE pairing!^^ So stay tuned!~_^

Lovely greetings and see you soon!^^