Chapter Three

Love And Friendship

Okay so this chapter is kinda long. I thought about making it short, but I don't know where to cut the story..Really soorry..

 


 

Weekly Idol was scheduled today for INFINITE to attend for making promotion for their newest album "Bad". After all members were ready to go outside, they gathered up and got into the van for driving to the recording studio. As usual, the leader sat in the front while Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungjong were seated in the middle and Woohyun, Myungsoo and Sungyeol in the back seat. The road trip happened to be quite silent since all 7 members decided to take a quick nap.

After they reached their destination, their manager woke them up. One after one, they slowly opened their eyes and were fully awake, except for one person. Sungkyu was the first to get out of the van and waited for the other members. A short while later, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong jumped outta the van too and their leader gave them a sign to enter the building first. After that, Sungyeol was the one who exited the van and stood beside his leader.

“Where are Myungsoo and Woohyun?” Sungkyu asked.

“You know what for an heavy sleeper your lover is, right? Woohyun is trying to wake him up”

“Aishh! That kid… “He was walking towards the van again to wake the younger, but their manager stopped him and told them to enter next. Sungkyu had no other choice than to obey and so he sighed loudly and grabbed Sungyeol’s arm while they were walking towards the building.

 

“Yah! Myungsoo wake up! We are there!”

“Give me 5 minutes” he said still closing his eyes.

“No way! I am not letting myself get killed because you won’t wake up!" he abruptly forced the younger and pulled him as hard as he could.

“Fine! I’m awake” Myungsoo surrendered eventually and earned a smirk from Woohyun. He lazily made his self out of the van and entered the building together with Woohyun.

As always, the Weekly Idol recordings went quite well. The two MC's Donnie and Connie were as cheerful as always and let the seven famous boys again quite "suffer" with their several prepared challenges. They started their show with a little chattering and after that, INFINITE H, means Hoya and Dongwoo, was asked to show the dance moves to their new song "Bad" which of course went totally smoothly and professionally. And then:

“We’ll see Sunggyu and Sungyeol together now” 

The studio suddenly filled with loud laughter from the staff members and their 5 other hyungs because they knew that Sungyeol and Sungkyu were the worst dancers in the group.

Realizing the bredouille they got themselves into, both instantly tried to find an excuse to avoid to dance together.

“I’m not in the same class to verse with him!” Sungyeol said.

“I have a different feel than him!” Sungkyu exclaimed.

But when they realized that their complaints couldn't help, they eventually decided to get this over with and started warming up. When the music began to play, they started moving to the beat. 

Well, in the end, they did the right moves, but somehow it felt way different from Hoya's and Dongwoo's dance performance before.

However, after that they moved on to the next segment. As usual, they played the Random Play Dance game where INFINITE needs to synchronize in order to win. But the speciality about it today was that if they failed, the manager would get a punishment. Sungkyu grinned to the idea because this was the perfect opportunity for him to punish their manager for making him apart from Myungsoo earlier. So, he purposely failed the dance moves and managed to get his revenge.

They played several games after that and throughout the games, somehow the leader was voted as the worst player thanks to Woohyun. The punishment of the game was drawing his face with colorful marks. Sungyeol took the chance and decorated the leader's face at his leisure, with a smirk on his face having fun doing so. After it was all done, Sungkyu looked in the mirror and was shocked by the "beautiful" masterpiece created by the "amazing" stylist named Lee Sungyeol. Sungyeol and the other members laughed out loud seeing the face of their leader. Then, Sungkyu leaned a little to Sungyeol's side and boxed him in the arm.

“Wait for my revenge, Lee Sungyeol!” he said grinning wickedly which made the younger man shiver.

And just as luck brought them to, Sungyeol was in the end of the edge of getting a punishment too. Sungkyu smirked at the thought of the choding's fate placed in the palm of his hands. After all other members had already made their decision, it was only up to him now whether it was Woohyun or Sungyeol who would get the punishment which included to kneel down in front of their hyungs and say what you wronged them three times. The leader pretended to think for a while and suddenly put his hand on Sungyeol's thigh, showing that he had chosen him to get punished.

Sungyeol pleaded not to choose him, but in vain. Sungkyu had made his decision and hold onto it unwavering. In this way, Sungyeol knelt down in front of his leader and started his apology:

“Hyung, sorry sorry sorry for making your face like that”

*Dang!* Sungkyu rang the bell, not satisfied with this apology.

It was then when Dongwoo advised him to try to compliment the leader instead of apologizing. Sungyeol considered that and started a second attempt:

“Hyung, even though your face is like this you look more handsome than anyone else and you are the best in singing”

But another DANG resonated from the bell. That's why Sungyeol played his last card and said eventually:

“I'll make my face the same as yours!”

Sungkyu grinned happily and agreed to this suggestion. To be honest, this was Sungkyu's intention in the first place: Taking this opportunity and making Sungyeol’s face as "beautiful" as he did with him. Through this he finally got his revenge and even though he knew this was a bit mean, it felt good. After the "styling session" was done, Sungyeol sent a death stare towards his oldest hyung's direction and earned a gleeful smirk from the leader.

At the end of the show, the seven members earned a great amount of compliments and good luck wishing for their future before they bid their goodbyes to the staff and got ready to head back home. Sungyeol quickly went to Sungkyu's side and hit him in the back.

“Hyung! Why did you do that?” Sungkyu was cleaning his face and just let out a laugh earning another hit on the elbow.

“You started it! So that was my revenge” he explained.

“Hyung! You re so mean!” Sungyeol complained.

But then Sungyeol laughed with him and the leader decided to help the younger clean his face. In this way, he grabbed the towel that he was using just now and pulled Sungyeol's face nearer to him, so that he could better clean it. One of his hands was holding Sungyeol’s chin and the other one cleaned the choding's face. Sungkyu was so focused on the cleaning that he didn’t realize how he made the choding with their close proximity blush and also shiver from his gentle touch.

“Okay done!” Sungkyu eventually announced and startled the blushing choding a bit.

“Thanks” Sungyeol replied, facing the floor and rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand.

Sungkyu looked at the awkward behaving choding and ruffled the younger’s hair.

“Come on! Let’s go back home” he said smiling. Then, he grabbed his bag and walked outta the building, clapping Sungyeol on the shoulder for signalizing him to go with him. The leader had so much fun with Sungyeol that he completely forgot about one certain person who usually walked with him together.

 

 

“Hoya! Have you seen Sungkyu hyung? I couldn't find him anywhere.” Myungsoo asked.

“Don’t know, Myung. Maybe he is still in the dressing room” Hoya reciprocated.

“No. I already looked there for him” Myungsoo said pouting.

“Dongwoo hyung… Saw Sungkyu hyung anywhere?” Hoya asked his best friend.

“Nope. Sorry, Hoya” Dongwoo replied.

“Sungjong-ah… Have you seen Sungkyu hyung?” Hoya then questioned his favorite dongsaeng.

“Oh Sungkyu hyung? He already went back to the van with Sungyeol hyung just now” the maknae said.

“Oh? He already left? Okay…thanks Sungjong-ah”

Myungsoo frowned sadly. Usually, Sungkyu would wait for him to walk together to the van, but this time he completely forgot about him and instead he went with Sungyeol. Myungsoo, obviously hurt by his leader's actions, eventually grabbed his stuff and prepared himself to return to INFINITE's car when suddenly a pair of two strong, muscled arms hugged him from behind.

“Yah! You scared me!” Myungsoo shouted and from the laughter that he just heard, he knew that the guy behind him was Woohyun.

“Why the sad face?” he asked while helping to put Myungsoo's remaining stuff inside his bag.

“Nothing" Myungsoo replied shortly, not wanting to further think about Sungkyu right now. " Yah! What's with the creepy aegyo that you just did earlier? My heart almost fall from laughing too much” Myungsoo then broached as a topic.

“It’s not creepy! I think it cute. And I bet you think that too, wochaichuri” Woohyun teased his younger dongsaeng.

“Yah! Stop it!” Myungsoo squealed, his cheeks coloring red again after hearing this most hated word of him again.

“You should have seen your face…. You were embarrassed to no end and if Hyundon hyung hadn’t stopped me...I would've hugged you earlier for making you feel better.”

Both of them started laughing as the chat continued which lead Myungsoo to forget about all that sadness he felt earlier. And to be honest, every time he was with Woohyun, he always felt joy and happiness.

After they finished packing, Woohyun swung his arm around Myungsoo’s shoulder and walked with him like that to the van. Sungkyu who was already in the van talked lively with Sungyeol when he suddenly realized something.

“Myungsoo!” he said as he suddenly remembered his boyfriend. He was about to get out of the van to pick up Myungsoo when he suddenly saw latter, with Woohyun by his side. The leader eyed Woohyun’s arm wrapped around Myungsoo's shoulder with great disapproval while both of them were laughing exuberantly together which made Sungkyu's heart ache. He stiffened on his spot and when Woohyun and Myungsoo got also into the van, he pretended to sleep.

Sungyeol, who had observed the leader the whole last few minutes, mustered the happily giggling Woohyun and Myungsoo for a short moment before he returned his view back to Sungkyu. He had noticed how much seeing Woohyun and Myungsoo together like this had affected his leader and knew that he wasn't really sleeping right now.

Eventually, the remaining three members Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungjong also entered the van and in this way they started their car drive back to their dorm. All members were so absorbed into their exuberant chatting that no one noticed Sungyeol looking sadly towards Sungkyu and then outta the window. How much he wished that he could be together with his beloved leader. To be honest, he had a little crush on Sungkyu since their debut days which became stronger and stronger in the course of the last six years. In the beginning, he tried very hard to hide his sincere feelings towards his leader through constantly arguing and fighting with his oldest hyung, but actually this behaviour lead to the exact opposite he wished for.

He had hoped that if he would behave like this towards Sungkyu all the time, he would start to get annoyed by him and avoid him as best as he could. But instead a long and deep honesty talk happened between them someday during their "Man in Love" era. Sungyeol still remembered Sungkyu using exact words:

"I know we had our difficulties in the past, Sungyeol. But you know, I thought a lot about that lately and figured that it's probably my fault. Many people have the opinion that you are unneccessary in our group, redundant, and as the leader of INFINITE it's actually my duty to defend ALL my members and making clear that EVERY member is important for the fortune of our group! But shameful I have to admit that this is exactly what I haven't done and I can't tell you how sorry I am for that, Sungyeol. Your constant arguing and fighting with me was an obvious sign that you were mad at me for not defending your importance for INFINITE and I am very very sorry for not having realized that sooner, Sungyeol. I know you try very hard not to let it be shown, but I know deep down you are very insecure about yourself and hearing from various people that you don't belong in our group since you're not the best singer or that you have no other charms than just being tall isn't helpful at all to change that. But believe me, Sungyeol, from now on I will try my hardest to be a better leader and will never ever let you down again when someone is decrying you again, you have my word to this!"

And he indeed kept this promise. Since this certain talk, Sunggyu always stood up to him and made it crystal clear that INFINITE wouldn't be INFINITE anymore if even one member would be missing. He also said that the fortune of a music group doesn't only depend on the performing talent, but also the harmony between the members and in INFINITE's case it would lead to a complete disharmony if even just one member would get replaced, that's how strong the bond between INFINITE is.

Sungyeol couldn't even express how happy these words by the leader had made him. There was so much love and care behind them that he just couldn't otherwise than to blush a little since he knew to which certain member Sunggyu was particularly referring to. Even though he knew it was a bit silly, but it made him somehow feel special hearing his beloved leader talking about him like that. It was because it gave him hope that Sungkyu maybe felt the same way for him as he did and it also seemed to lead in this direction since they had so much fun during their "Destiny" era in America. But when Sungyeol actually gathered enough courage to finally confess to his beloved leader, Myungsoo and Sungkyu suddenly became a couple and Sungyeol's whole world turned upside down.

Actually, he should have known it. As if he once in his life would get a chance to finally find happiness with the one person he truly loves. He should have already learned this from his last relationship which lasted four years. It was with a girl he adored since middle school. On Valentine's Day he actually gathered up all his courage and asked her if she would like to be his girlfriend to which she surprisingly happily agreed. Sungyeol had seriously been the luckiest man in the whole world on this day and spent three wonderful years with her. But in the fourth year, everything changed. She suddenly had no more time for him with the excuse she had to study a lot for passing all of her exams. Sungyeol respected that since her parents hightly valued her grades in school, but when he once wanted to surprise her at home during her study session, he caught her red-handed making out with a guy who was one class higher than them. She had tried to explain that it wasn't what it looked like, but Sungyeol didn't believe her one single word. She had ripped out his heart and stomped on it without any mercy and that's why he swore himself on that very day to never fall in love again.

And then he became a rookie, was chosen as a member for a group named INFINITE by Woollim Entertainment and met Kim Sungkyu. In the beginning, he indeed didn't like Sungkyu very much, but soon he got infatuated by the famous "charisma" the leader was always talking about he possessed and slowly but surely he fell in love with this man.

And now, after two years of Myungsoo's confession towards Sungkyu and their announcement being officially together, he still loved his leader. He knew he shouldn't, but he just couldn't turn off his feelings for Sungkyu. Sungkyu had just brought light into his life when he thought there was only just darkness left and this he never would forget his favorite hyung. And although he couldn't be the one by Sungkyu's side, it made him happy when he was happy, and with Myungsoo he seemed very happy. In this way, he accepted just being a close friend to Sungkyu which was actually better than nothing, but lately he had noticed how Myungsoo and Sungkyu had drifted a bit apart with Myungsoo hanging constantly around with Woohyun. However, it never seemed like being THAT serious until today after the Weekly Idol recording.

Sungyeol eventually glanced back from the rain clouded heaven to his beloved leader and wished that he could make Sungkyu as happy as Myungsoo.