Chapter Seven

Love And Friendship

The awkward atmosphere in the kitchen got interrupted when Hoya suddenly entered shouting ‘hungry!’ to all four of them and startled them all a bit since this was so unexpected. But the sudden shout by their 'dance machine' had also something good since it awakened all from their trance they had fallen in and got them all back on track again. In this way, Woohyun quickly finished his egg roll while Myungsoo also sped up his pace cutting the vegetables. And 15 minutes later, they eventually served the dishes on the table and could finally dig in.

It became a really nice feast since there was a lot of talking, joking and laughing. Dongwoo with his nonsense talks and the hyungs kept bullying the maknae, but of course not in a mean way.

One hour later, all seven members were totally full and lucky. And they could all agree in unison that this had been a very nice evening.

“Okay guys. Now let’s clean up. So, who’s going to do the dishes?” Woohyun asked.

Everyone was looking down, not wanting to be picked for this annoying chore.

“Fine… You guys choose. I want to watch television.” Woohyun said and walked his way to the living room.

“Yah Hyung! I don’t want to do the dishes. I helped you out in the kitchen, remember?” Myungsoo whined.

“Sorry Myung, I forgot." Woohyun replied with a gentle voice and then turned back to the others. "Myungsoo is excluded, so it's a thing between you five.” he said firmly and was now accompanied by Myungsoo on his way to the living room.

 

“Aish hyung, you’re turning into grandpa-nam too soon!” Myungsoo said laughing while taking a seat on the couch.

“Yah! Am not!” Woohyun replied following him.

"Ah yeah? Says Mr. "I had a dream last night, but it was a ghost dream!" Myungsoo replied and couldn't hold his laughter.

Woohyun wanted to reciprocate something cheeky, but instead he ended up getting intoxicated by Myungsoo's laughter and so they sat there together on the couch, laughing loudly and heartly about his famous faux-pas from their newest Weekly Idol episode.

 

Meanwhile, the other members were still standing in the dining room, staring at each other with stern faces and still with the problem in the room who would do the dishes now. They hadn't spoken to each other for at least 10 minutes and when it became too ridiculous for the leader, he suggested: "Alright, we will do rock, paper, scissors for solving who's gonna do the dishes." And so, the five boys started playing rock, paper, scissors where Sungyeol turned out as the lucky loser. While his other hyungs rejoiced, he sighed loudly and made his way towards the kitchen with dirty dishes in his hands. After that, he put the plug into its hole and started filling the sink with hot water before he let some drops of detergent fall into it. And eventually he started washing the stained dishes with a quite sad face when he suddenly heard the kitchen door open. He instantly turned around and spotted to his surprise Sungkyu who was holding another tray of dirty dishes. The leader came towards him and spoke with a smile on his face: "Thought I could lent you a hand. In this way, it will be faster done and as a duo it always makes more fun than alone, right?" Sungkyu winked at him after saying these words, making the younger's cheeks blush a little.

“Thanks hyung” Sungyeol replied his beloved leader and reciprocated his smile.

“It’s nothing really. Dongwoo, Hoya and Sungjong have already taken all possible space on the couch and watch some show on TV I'm not really interested in, so this is actually my most prefered place to be right now.“ Sungkyu answered him sincerely and Sungyeol couldn't otherwise than to stare at his leader in awe. Did Sungkyu just confess to him that there was no other place in the world he rather would be right now than here, in the kitchen, together with HIM?

Both of them stood in silence for a moment when Sungkyu suddenly looked up to him with an expression on his face Sungyeol had never seen before on him. But it wasn't a scary expression, maybe rather anxious, nervous, hopeful?

“Sungyeol… C-can I ask you something?” Sungkyu asked a little bit stammering.

“S-sure, hyung! What's the matter?” Sungyeol asked him back, feeling quite nervous all of the sudden. Sungkyu was suddenly so close to him and mustered him intensely.

“Is it wrong to fall in love with someone when you already have someone else?”

Sungyeol's throat suddenly felt very dry and so just a little, croaky “What?” left his mouth. Was this really happening?!

“I think I like you, Sungyeol. I actually think that for quite a long time now. It’s not that I don’t love Myungsoo anymore, but our relationship has been... awkward these days. We are actually drifting apart with every passing day and... the only reason we are still a couple is that we didn’t admit it yet.”

Sungkyu looked nervously in Sungyeol’s eyes and saw that his eyes were red from trying to hold tears.

“Sungyeol?” Sungkyu asked quite concerned, afraid that the younger would freak out.

“I can't believe you just said that to me." Sungyeol then replied and just in the moment where Sungkyu thought he would be forever despised by his beloved choding:

"After all these years, imagining, picturing and dreaming of being together with you, I can't believe you really just said the words to me I longed to hear for such a long time!" Sungyeol finally confessed and couldn't hold any longer his tears of joy. The next thing he felt were Sunggyu's warm and comfortable arms around him. Then his chin was lifted tenderly and he stared in the deep, brown orbs of his beloved leader whose reflected nothing else than love and comfort.

"Please don't cry. It's because I love your smile." Sungkyu whispered softly towards him, making the younger indeed smile through his little rhyme and in the next moment their lips were joined in gentle embrace. Sungyeol still couldn't believe that this was really happening. He was standing here in their kitchen, kissing his beloved leader and feeling like he was straight going to paradise.

Both were so lost in their kiss that they didn’t hear someone entering the kitchen.

“Hyung…” They looked up to where the voice came from and shocked when they discovered Myungsoo frozen on his spot and with an incredulous expression on his face. But not many seconds later, Myungsoo got again a grip of himself and fled out of the kitchen instantly.

“Myungsoo…I….” Sungkyu tried to stop him, but in vain. Myungsoo had already made his way to his bedroom and locked himself there, surrendering to the tears of sadness and betrayal.

 

Hi!^^ This is Valerya again!^^ I really hope you liked this chapter!^^ I hope it wasn't TOO cheesy! XD So things are finally getting intense, huh?~_^ What do you think will happen next? Do you think Myungsoo will forgive Sungkyu or will he now forever hate him? And what about their relationship? Will they break up now or try a new start? What about Gyuyeol? Will they have a future or will Sungyeol's heart be broken again? And will Woohyun maybe confess to a certain someone? Find out next chapter!~_^

See you soon!^.^