Lost and Found

What I've Been Looking For
Please log in to read the full chapter

The rest of the day was filled with noise of furniture being moved to Jinyoung’s room. Some books of the boy were shoved off from their shelves, to give way for Mark’s things, which of course doesn’t make Jinyoung happy. Books are really important to him. He treats them as his friend whom he can talk to whenever he feels alone and lonely. It was almost 5pm when they finished settling things up. All of them are drenched in sweat but a watermelon treat from Mrs. Park helps them to temporarily forget how tiring the day is.

Mark enters Jinyoung’s room founding the latter, organizing his books in a tall shelf divided into eight parts so that all of his beloved books will fit.

“uhm..”

Jinyoung look to him with a slight surprised expression because he didn’t notice Mark enter the room.

“I just want to apologize for barging into your room” Mark continued.

“Well, I still can’t agree with this “living in one room” thing but then I know that when my mom decides, that’s final.” Mark nodded in agreement.

Mark finds it amusing how jinyoung was really into organizing his stuffs. He didn’t even care about the sweat falling from his forehead than to his temple maybe because he really wanted to finish fast so he can finally rest. It was then, Mark finds himself walking towards jinyoung to closely watch on what’s the boy is doing. He standing on the boy’s right side almost letting his chin rest on the boy’s shoulder when suddenly jinyoung looks his way.

“What the!” both of them was startled. Jinyoung feels his cheeks heats up and he know that his cheeks were as red as the other boy’s hair.

“What are you doing, Hyung”

“Uhm. I want to closely watch what you’re doing”

Jinyoung stands up, open his drawer and suddenly pulls a tape brown in color.

“I don’t want to do this but I think you leave me with no choice.”

He then set the tape in the floor as if dividing the room into two.

“This is originally my room so I guessed and I can set some rules for you to follow. Rule number 1: You’re not allowed to cross the line. Two: No touching of each other’s things. I leave yours alone, so please do the same to mine. Especially my books, I literally sold my soul for those.” Mark can help but chuckle from that.

“Don’t laugh. It’s true. And three…..uhm…. I can add up more rules a I see fit.”

“What? The last rule was so inhumane. I don’t think I can accept that.” Mark argue.

“Who’s the freeloader here again?” Jinyoung said with an annoying tone.

“Ne, ne. I will follow all your rules. your majesty” Jinyoung can’t help but blushed at that then walked away to hide his pink flushed cheeks and to finish what he’s doing.

“O by the way,” Jinyoung looks at Mark.

“That’s hyung for you” the red head said as he make his way towards the bathroom outside the room to take a shower.

 

.............................

The next day was the official start of Jinyoung’s summer break. He don’t know yet how to spend it so he find himself burying in his summer break homeworks. It has always been a habit of him to finish all the things he needs to do during the first week of the break so he can spend the rest having fun.

Mark, on the other hand, was bored to death. He finds himself stuck in his smartphone, going out of the room sometimes to drink water, then go back again, bury himself again in his bed and the cycle continues. It was 4pm when he decided to walk towards Jinyoung to look at what the latter is doing failing to notice that his foot was going beyond the line.

“Line.” Jinyoung said with a note higher than his normal voice without even looking at Mark.

“How do you even know I was crossing the line?” Mark reply then pout.

“I just know.” Jinyoung spin his chair letting him face the red head. “So, what do you want?”

“Well, I was just thinking if you can..”

“I’m busy” Jinyoung interrupted.

“I wasn’t even finish talking.” Mark replied almost shouting. He then let out a sigh “Oh well, I knew this was coming. Maybe I will just enjoy the chocolate ice cream that I was planning to buy by myself”

Jinyoung eyes sparkle from what he heard. Chocolate Ice cream was definitely his favorite.

It was a trap Jinyoung. Don’t even think of going. I know you can resist that tempting offer.

ok.

I lied.

Mark was about to leave when Jinyoung stop him.

“Uhm. well. I think an hour of rest won’t be too much right?” Mark smiles at that then pull Jinyoung’s wrist

 

“Let’s go!”

 

.............

Mark was mesmerized by the sight in front of him. Jinyoung was walking by his side happily eating his chocolate ice cream like an eight year old boy. “Finished Staring?” Mark’s daydreaming stop and ca

Please log in to read the full chapter