I Resign.

What I've Been Looking For
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tell me that you turned down the man

Who asked for your hand

'Cause you're waiting for me

And I know, you're gonna be away a while

But I've got no plans at all to leave

And would you take away my hopes and dreams and just stay with me?

 

Mark was sitting alone in their subdivisions park. It was already 8pm and the night was so silent. The only thing that was making was sounds were his singing and his guitar. These have been his outlet whenever he is stress or is thinking of something. It makes his heart calm a little whenever he’s with his guitar alone and singing.

 

All my senses come to life

While I'm stumbling home as drunk as I

Have ever been and I'll never leave again

'Cause you are the only one

And all my friends have gone to find

Another place to let their hearts collide

Just promise me, you'll never leave again

Just promise me, you'll always be a friend

'Cause you are the only one

 

Mark was about to start the second verse when a pair of soft hands tapped his shoulders simultaneously mouthing a high pitched ‘hyung’. It came as a bolt from the blue making Mark jumped from the swing he’s currently sitting on almost felling face flat on the ground. The other only chuckled from the sight. When Mark turned to look at the owner of the cute laugh he saw the reason of his smile and tears.

 

Jinyoung.

 

“God, Jinyoung, you’ll really be the reason of my death.”

 

because of this and because of THAT.

 

“I was looking for you, hyung. I’ve already literally turned our house upside down to look for you. Fortunately, my mom saw you leave and then I found you here sitting as if you’re the one whose heart is broken.”

 

“I didn’t tell you because I thought you’re already sleeping. And are you still feeling sad because of Yura? You have a date tomorrow with Sooyoung right? you don’t want to mess that up again right?”

 

“I was only joking okay?” raising both hands as if saying ‘chill’.

 

“It was not easy to move on that fast but I guessed I’m coping. and also tomorrow will definitely help me.” Jinyoung replied then sit on one of the swings. He then look up Mark who was still standing in front then gesture for the latter to sit on the swing beside him on which the elder immediately complied with.

 

There was a moment of silence until Mark decided to break it. “So you didn’t look for me just to tell that don’t you?” Jinyoung shook his head as a reply.

 

“What then? is it about the date tomorrow? you want some final lessons even though I think you’re already good?”

 

“Nope. I’m also thinking that I’m already good.” Jinyoung grins and Mark rolled his eyes. He can’t believe that the younger has also that thick face side. Both of them chuckled; then Jinyoung continued.

 

“I just got that sudden urge to look for you and spend time with you. Just you. Not you being my coach or anything but you. Mark tuan….hyung.”

 

Mark was caught off guard. He didn’t expect to hear something like that from the younger. He can feel his cheeks already burning up which he tried to hide.

 

“Thank you then.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“For making it easy for me. I’ve been thinking to have a talk with you like this also; just you and me. Just like how we used to be. Talking about random things, our favorite animes, new  manga updates and stuffs like that. It was very childish but it really made us happy back then.”

 

“Yeah. I couldn’t argue. That was definitely one of the moments in my life that I treasure.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“What are you talking about hyung, it’s true?”

 

“You tried to forget it didn’t you?”

 

“well… yeah…. but it’s because of you. it was your fault.”

 

“Aww.. I thought we already moved on from that. Past is past right?”

 

“You’re the one who brought out the topic.” Jinyoung pouted. Mark chuckled thinking how cute the conversation is and Jinyoung also ch

Please log in to read the full chapter