Drunk

Doctor Jung

Chohee just arrived at hospital. She came early that day. Thanks to Taekwoon for dismissed her early so she could sleep early and plenty last night. After checked her finger print she walked to elevator.

“ Chohee-ya ”.

“ Oh Jessica-ya, you come early ”.

“ Where were you yesterday? I heard Bibucha blew up at you and Leo. I came to check on you but you weren’t there ”.

“ That such a long story ”.

“ Tell me, I have plenty time. 20 minutes before our working hours start to be exact ”.

Chohee and Jessica arrived at pantry. Chohee told Jessica what happened yesterday while having a cup of hot coffee. She purposely skipped part when Taekwoon hugged her. Jessica might go crazy if she knew about it. She ended her long story with Taekwoon took her home.

“ Just it? ”.

“ Just it. What did you expect anyway? ”.

“ You didn’t ask him to stop by? Taekwoon Oppa ramyeon meoggogallae? ”.

“ Yah, are you crazy?? Someone might heard us ”.

“ No one in here though ” Jessica shrugged her shoulders.

“ But still… let’s just use alias like we always do. We could get in trouble for making inappropriate joke about our boss ”.

“ Arasso…Mian ”.

“ But I offer him coffee though ”.

“ Ooo…. ” Jessica .

“ I genuinely offer him coffee, no ulterior motive behind that ”.

“ And what he said? ”.

“ He said next time he will ”.

“ So there’s a possibility he will drop you home again. Jung Chohee I will seriously kick your if you don’t tell me when he stops by your house next time ”.

“ As if it’s going to happen. He just said that to politely refuse my offer ”.

“ I’m sure he meant it when he said he would stay next time. Jung Chohee seriously I think Leo has something about you ”.

“ Not again… It’s time to work bye bye ”.

“ Yah!! ”.

==============================================================================================================

Chohee was copying some documents when Taekwoon came. She bowed at him as their eyes met. He just nodded at her then walked to his desk.

“ Do you feeling better today? ”.

“ Neh? Neh Doc. Thank you for letting me went home early yesterday ”.

He just replied her with a small smile. She felt her cheeks redden because of his small. He rarely smile but he just did it to her just now and she felt great.

“ What is my schedule for today? ”.

“ Lecture at 2 pm, Doc ”.

“ Just it? ”.

“ Yes, Doc ”.

“ Great ”.

Taekwoon was signed patient’s medical record when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at the caller id and his jaw tightened. Taekwoon caught Chohee who was staring at him and she quickly looked away.

“ Yeoboseyo ”.

Though Chohee acted like she was busy, she actually tried to sharpen her ears. Based on Taekwoon’s expression, whoever the caller must someone that annoyed him. It seems like one-way communication since Taekwoon didn’t say anything during the whole call. Either the caller said something non-stop or Taekwoon too lazy to talk to the caller.

“ I’m busy ” he said then hung up.

Taekwoon suddenly got up from his chair causing Chohee to drop some documents. She cursed herself for being clumsy.

“ Chohee-sshi ”.

“ N…neh? ” she answered nervously.

“ You said a woman was looking for me the day before yesterday? ”.

“ Yes doc. But she didn’t answer when I asked her name ”.

“ What was she look like?  ”.

“ Well.... brown wavy long hair, red blood lipstick, and she wore expensive brands top to toe. She was sassy, arrogant and she somehow didn’t look that smart. I’m not sure with the last part but she looked like someone who rarely use her head  ”.

Taekwoon looked amazed at how Chohee described his uninvited guest acurately. That must be her. Chohee tensed as she realized Taekwoon looked at her without blinking. Did I say something wrong?

“ I’m sorry sir, I thing I talk to much ”

“ It’s okay. I will go to ward 27 ”.

===============================================================================================================

Chohee stretched her hands as she finally finished translated the whole medical journal. She was going to turn off her computer when she realized Taekwoon hasn’t come back yet. His backpack was still on his chair.

“  Where was he? ”.

She scrolled her phone to look for Taekwoon’s number. She sighed as Taekwoon didn’t pick up her call. She tried to call him again. She almost gave up her second call when Taekwoon finally picked up her call.

“ ….. ”.

“ Doc? ”.

“ Uh Chohee-sshi… ”.

“ Doc are you comeback to hospital? Your bag is still here ”.

“ Ah that’s right I forget it ”.

“ Do you want me to take your bag home? ”.

“ Hmm…. ”.

“ Doc? ”.

“ I don’t want to trouble you. Beside I’m not home now ”.

“ Then what I have to do with your bag doc? ”.

“ Just bring my bag with you, I’ll come to get it ” he said then hung up.

Chohee just stared at her phone blankly. There was something wrong with Taekwoon. He wasn't that clumsy to forget his own bag plus he sounded weird on phone. Was he drunk?

============================================================================================================

Chohee stirred in her sleep. She wiped her drool then looked at the clock. It was almost 11pm but Taekwoon hasn’t come yet. She checked her phone just in case Taekwoon called her but there was nothing. She started to worry about him. She decided to call him but suddenly someone rang her bell. She peeped from peeping hole and found out it was no other than Taekwoon.

“ Dr. Jung, where were you? ”.

“ I’m sorry… ”.

“ Doc are you okay? ”.

“ I was going to take my bag then leave, but my head really hurt. Can I rest in your place for a moment? ”.

“ S….sure, come in ”.

Taekwoon stumbled when he tried to walk inside. Chohee quickly grabbed his arm. He was trying to take off his shoes when the pain struck his head again. Chohee leaned Taekwoon’s back to the wall so he could stand on his own while she was taking off his shoes.

After she done, she grabbed his arm again and lead him to her small living room. Chohee was practically dragging Taekwoon. This 183 cm giant is surely heavy compare to the 156 cm Chohee. She was falling on top of Taekwoon when she tried to gently put him on the couch. She quickly got up and wiped her sweaty forehead.

“ I don’t have Advil or anything since I don’t drink. Do you have any idea how to relieve your headache doc? ”.

“ Just give me water ”.

“ O….okay ”.

She brought a big bottle of mineral water from her refrigerator then handed it to Taekwoon. He took a big gulp of water. He either thirsty or really want to get over his headache as soon as possible. He sighed in relieved after drank some water. The pain was still there but he felt better. He lied his back on the sofa.

“ I don’t think your headache will be better soon. Do you want me to call taxi? It’s not like I shoo you, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for you to stay here  ”.

Instead of answer her, he snored. Taekwoon was fast asleep. He must be really tired. Chohee just sighed. Guess she didn’t any choice but to let him stay for the night. She took her one and only blanket and wrapped it over Taekwoon. No one ever sleep over in her house, not even Jessica. So she didn't have reason to prepare extra blanket. 

 Goodnight ”.