Fired

Doctor Jung

Taekwoon was signing several documents on his desk whereas Chohee helped him flipped the pages. It was Monday, the first time they met after they fought that last Friday. They were quiet through the whole signing process. Without her knowing, Taekwoon glanced at her once in a while. 

He wanted to talk about what happen that day but he didn’t want to start the fight. He knew they couldn’t avoid a fight when he brought that topic again. He knew she need some time to process everything and to calm herself. But the longer he waited, the longer she would misunderstand him.

Chohee sighed as Taekwoon finally signed the last page. After taking like forever finally it was done. She felt uncomfortable being closed to Taekwoon any longer.

“ What is my schedule today? ”.

“ There is meeting about surgery next week at 1 PM and lecture at 3.30 PM ”.

Taekwoon just nodded at her, not knowing what to say next. She bowed at him then excused herself. Before she could leave, Taekwoon held her upper arm to stop her.

“ Let me go ” she said without even looking at him.

“ Do you hate me that much, huh? You don’t even want to see my face ”.

“ Doc please, we are at office. People will misunderstand us ”.

“ Rumor has been spread anyway, beside I don’t care what people said ”.

“ You are really a selfish jerk “

Chohee clenched her fists tightly. The last time they fought, Taekwoon almost slapped her. It’s not impossible for him to really slap her this time. She just closed her eyes, waiting for the impact. Instead a slap, she heard the sound of his laugh. She slowly opened her eyes and found him laughed ironically.  

“ Then why don’t you just quit your job, Chohee-sshi? Your boss is a jerk, who knows he was plotting a bad thing to you? Like impregnate you like he did to his ex maybe? ”.

Taekwoon’s head swung to the left side followed by a burn sensation on his cheek. He slowly turned his head to face her. Her petite body was shook because of anger.

“ I’m not a teenager who quits her job because of a mere crush. I don’t know about you, but I’m a professional. I can separate my personal life and work ” she said then left.

“ I really meant it, Jung Chohee. We can’t work together like this. I can help to transfer you to other division if you want. Not before we clear our misunderstanding”.

“ That’s your problem, Boss. Because I don’t have any problem working with a jerk ”.

Chohee turned around and left Taekwoon who dumbfounded. As she finally out of his sight, she quickened her pace. She looked at her palm in shocked. She couldn’t believe she just slapped her boss. Great Jung Chohee, now he has reason to really fire you. 

“ Eodiga? ” Hyuk said.

“ Aish you’re shocking me, Hyuk-sshi ”.

“ Wae? Did you do something wrong? You look like running away from someone ” Hyuk looked at the direction where Chohee came from but found no one followed her.

“ I did something wrong but I don’t regret it. He deserved it ”.

Hyuk’s face softened as she mentioned the word ‘he’. He knew who she was talking about.

“ Do you want to take a walk? ” Hyuk said.

=====================================================================

Hyuk and Chohee sat at one of bench at Hospital’s park. Some interns who were passed by started whispering to each other. The rumor about Chohee and Taekwoon at elevator hasn’t go down yet and now Chohee was seen with Hyuk, the CEO’s son. 

Chohee looked down uncomfortably while playing with coffee can that Hyuk bought for her. Hyuk seem didn’t care with those gazes but he felt bad for her. 

“ Are you okay? Want to talk in my car instead? ”.

“ It’s not like we are dating or having affair. We just sit next to each other, in public area, talking ” she clarified more like to herself.

“ Arasso ”.

She tried to lift her head then her gazed met with one of intern. She quickly looked down to avoid the eye contact. She just sighed. No matter how hard, she needed to get use with this. She might experience this uncomfortable situation more often from now on. ‘Rumor has been spread anyway, beside I don’t care what people said’. She sighed as she remembered how indifferent his reaction was. 

“ Jerk “ she whispered it too loud for herself.

“ Neh? ”.

“ A…Aniya… ” she said then gulped her coffee nervously.

“ Did he do something bad to you? ”.

“ Who? ”.

“ That jerk, Taekw… ”.

“ Ya!! How did you say that ” Chohee said quickly covered his mouth.

She looked around nervously. After made sure no one heard that, she released Hyuk. He just chuckled at how nervous she was. She looked cute like that.

“ No one heard though ”.

“ But still… ”.

“ Arasso… Mian, Chohee-yah ”.

“ Uhm ” she just nodded then continued to drink her coffee.

“ You haven’t answer me yet. He didn’t do anything bad to you right? I saw what happen in elevator that day. I was one of interns who witnessed that ” Hyuk said.

“ He didn’t ”.

“ You sure? ”.

“ Uhm ” she nodded again.

“ What happen? He looked furious that day”.

“ I told him everything but he seems didn’t know anything about that ”.

“ So do you think I lied to you? ”.

“ I know you didn’t lie to me but I think he didn’t too. I don’t know this is so confusing ”.

“ How come he didn’t know? Well…. unless he drunk. But noona told me the night they did it they were sober. He didn’t wear protection too. How come he didn’t know that my noona was pregnant? He was a medical student, he should aware of that possibility. My noona was stupid too. I told her, she had to mark her fertile period and cautious about that. Pabo noona, if only she listened to me ”.

Hyuk glanced at Chohee who suddenly became quiet. Protection. Pregnant. Fertile Period. Those words were causing her head spinning around. It was too much to be processed by her innocent mind.

“ Did I say something wrong? ”.

“ You didn’t need to tell me the detail, Sanghyuk-sshi ”.

“ Why? This is a education. You need to listen to me too ”.

“ A…arasso. Let’s just stop talking about ”.

Then it hit Hyuk. Her red face and her uneasy expression were the proof of how pure she was. He couldn’t help for not teasing her.

“ Seem like our Chohee know nothing about it, huh? ”.

“ Shut up ”.

“ Aigoo, what a good girl ” he patted her head like a kid.

“ Stop it, Sanghyuk-sshi ” she slapped his hand.

“ Arasso….mian ” he said tried to suppress his laugh.

Just when she thought he stopped, he started it again.

“ Want oppa to buy you ice cream ”.

“ YAH SANGHYUK-SSHI!!! “.

Hyuk couldn’t hold his laughter and laughed on the ground like idiot. Chohee just glared at him then left.

=====================================================================

Jessica shook her head in disbelief as she heard what happen between Chohee and Taekwoon this morning. She even slammed her chopsticks in anger causing people on different table cursed her.

“ I can’t believe Leo was that low. He fired you because of personal matter ”.

“ Not yet, but sooner or later he will. I told him I was a professional who didn’t mingle my personal issue with work but the truth is I was desperate. I can’t lose the job. I need to pay my bills. In the end I have to swallow my pride to survive. As much as I didn’t want to see him, I still need the job “.

“ Yeah… It’s not like your pride will pay your bills anyway. Our life is not like in that drama where you date your boss-break up-then you simply quit your job because your heart hurt whenever you face him. This is reality where you have to clench your teeth and survive no matter what. It’s not easy to find job these days ”.

“ Yeah… Lesson to learn is….never date your boss if you don’t want a complicated life. Never. You better don’t date your boss too ”.

“ Are you crazy? Our CEO is about our dad’s age ”.

“ Who knows ” Chohee just shrugged her shoulders playfully.

“ Aish this girl ” Jessica pretended to hit her, they ended up laughing.

“ But Jess, is it possible for me to transfer to other division like Leo said? ”.

“ With Leo’s authority I think it’s possible. You might end up being other doctor’s secretary ”.

“ Aren’t the other doctor already have their own secretary? ”.

“ Actually there’s someone who doesn’t “.

“ Jinjja? Who? ” she asked excitedly.

“ Bibucha ” Jessica said then smiled widely.

“ Out of people why it has to be him. It’s like escape from Lion’s den just to be caught in wolf’s den ”.

“ But I think for now it’s better to be around Bibucha then Leo. If you want to avoid Leo for the time being, this is a perfect option. It’s not like Leo ever visits Bibucha’s office. It’s a perfect hiding place ”.

“ That’s right, but still….. ”.

“ Try to avoid any mistakes as possible as you can then I think you will be safe around Bibucha. If you think Leo was the most perfectionist freak you ever meet then you were wrong. This guy is worse than Leo. 

=============

Hi guys. Some of you might wonder (or no one >.<) why this chapter title is not The Truth part 2? That's because is not the time to reveal the rest part of the truth. sorry for taking too long to update. I've been lazing around. I''m not satisfied with two chapters before this chapter because I didnt enjoy the writing process. I felt pressured and rushed. It's not like I'm saying its because of you guys. I felt pressured with my own goal. I want to update quick and it turned out not as well as I want it. so I decided to being lazy and write only when the mood is set. And the result is turned out as I want it to be. I will be on vacation on two consecutive weekend. I mostly write only on weekend so that means the next update will take longer. I prevent myself to end this chapter with cliffhanger because I dont want you guys die from curiousity. Hehehe. Bye~

-Hyeom-jjang-