Chapter 1

The Story of an NBSB Bridge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

"It's funny how you fall for someone you've never expected you'd fall for in an unexpected time and place." 

I am Bae Joohyun or as everyone knows of Irene, 18 years old residing in Seoul for 16 years. I was born in Daegu but since my dad's work is located here we decided to move in since it’s easier for us to be with him that way. I prefer being called by my nickname than my real name since I find it awkward and.. I don't know why it just sounds weird when someone calls me by my real name. Joohyun! Isn’t it? Okay I am weird and sound weird I know but hey you can't control how I feel. A simple type of girl with big dreams and by that I meant really big, like wanting to be on the same stage as my lovely and perfect idol B.O.A! Boa, she's a Goddess. I want to be just like her but the luck of being discovered hasn’t passed me yet. Hmm few stuffs about me, I love singing, dancing and acting, I can even rap and model. Bubbly and I’m the type of person who gets close to people fast since I like getting to know new people a lot. I guess this is one of the reasons why I became the class's great love bridge as they call since I can communicate with people I just met well and even create a great friendship out of it. Which reminds me….. how did that start again? Oh right, when I helped one of my friends Sulli with her now boyfriend Taemin together. I remember the time when sulli and I were really close we would always talk about her undying crush over him the school's most valued performer, with him being a part of the performers industry and that being one of my passion I came to be good friends with him and found out he has a thing for her too that's when I started helping them get together I would always go with them to the cafeteria then later on leave them since I wanted them to have an alone time, I swear if sulli could build a shrine for me to show how thankful she was she would have done that and so is Taemin, being the reason for their happiness somehow made me happy too. Then I helped 2 more friends and the number grew till it’s almost the whole class I am helping out. Such a life I have, right?

Oh I forgot to mention, I do have a lot of friends but the friends I could never live without are Seulgi and Chanyeol. Those two are the most valuable belonging I have. Haha yes I claim them mine. They are the ones I always run to when I am in trouble and whenever I just feel like running. Joke. Those two keep me company all the time and makes life more happier by teasing me and joking around. Anyways like any normal girl I have my own crush; he's  on the same level or class. Oh Sehun, my first real crush  that's been for a few months and counting. I said real crush cause I’ve had tons of guys I claimed I like but then after a few days or even hours I’ll lose interest in them but Sehun is different, there’s something about him that makes me curious, that makes me want to know him more and befriend him that makes me want to actually fall for him though i haven't fall for him.. atleast that's what i think. This is why I am thankful of Baekhyun for actually being the reason why I found out about him or met him.

*Flashback*

I am now finishing the last touches of the school paper since the printing will be two hours from now but I haven’t gotten the feedback or report from one of the new rookies in basketball team namely Oh Sehun. I am quite pissed since I’ll be the one reprimanded by Ms. Seohyun if I give in the papers late. OH SEHUN, you’re dead meat when I meet you I shall give you a good scolding. Standing from my seat i darted out of the room.

I started walking towards the covered court just outside the building; luckily it wasn’t a far walk since our department was just on the side of it. I saw baekhyun seated on the bench yelling around the players on the court. Actually I don’t know how that sehun looks like, I have only heard his name but have never really seen him personally. Gosh I feel like I’ve been living in a cave we’ve been schoolmates for a month or was it two? yes two months now but I haven’t actually seen him though I can’t blame myself my schedule for the first semester is packed.

Hmm.. I wonder how he looks like. I scan through the players in search of a new face but sadly there isn’t just one. There’s this quite a small guy compared to the other males on the court with his chubby cheeks and small eyes, I have never seen him before and the other one that’s quite tall and has quite a recommendable body and tan in color, definitely haven't seen him. Feeling lazy to stare any longer and thinking that my time would be wasted if I spend another second analyzing them I made a decision to approach the school’s big mouth guy, Baekhyun.

“Hey there baek.” I say as I walk towards him casually waving.

“Oh hello Irene, what brings you here?” He asks. Hmm straight to business, well that’s fine.

“I am actually looking for sehun… do you by any chance know him?” I asked. Then a smirk crept into his face.

“Ho ho ho. looks like sehun’s popularity among girls is no joke. Even the matchmaker seems interested of him—or wait are you gonna pair him already with someone?” He asks and teases.

Okay three words. WHAT.THE.HELL. this is exactly one of the reasons why I don’t like communicating with him. He assumes real fast and with that assumption, he truly is always wrong.

“What? No- I am just here to ask for that paper Yeri gave him and was supposed to submit to the Editorial room a couple of weeks ago."

“Psh. Girls and their excuses and twisted logic.” He shakes his head then suddenly grinned. “Well he’s one of the players on the court right now, just call out for sehun and he’ll stop and look right away.” He said.

“Can’t you just do that instead? Since you’re the one with the louder voice.” I argued.

“Nope. Not doing it, if you want to meet him call for him.” He said and then emptied the water bottle on his hand.

Arguing with him is a waste of time, I better be quick since I am running out of time. I inhaled sharply then released it before looking around.

One… two… three.. “OH SEHUN!”

The court suddenly became quite and the players stopped on their track. Their eyes all on me now.. I guess that came out a little louder than I expected.

A tall guy with brown hair, and slender body walks halfway the court towards me, looking at me in confusion he then wiped some of his sweats off his forehead and spoke.

“Yes?”

He’s looking directly in my eyes as he walks closer to where I am, suddenly my heart started beating loudly and I felt uneasy. What’s going on with me? Why am I feeling this way? He’s now in front of me looking at me before tilting his head on the side, a gesture that he’s waiting for me to speak.

“I—well, I was… School Paper!” What the hell, I am stuttering I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I am aware that it’s because of this gorgeous looking man in front of me… wait what?

“School paper?” He looks at me weirdly then snapped a finger. “Oh! Right. I remember, Sorry I was too busy t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter