Mark's Secret

Inferno's Wrath (A Prequel To Heaven's Promise)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

"We're here." Seunghyun oppa's voice woke me up from nap.

"Thank you, Oppa." I replied as I went out of the car. I hurriedly went inside the house and went up my room. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

"Miss Soojung." A familiar voice echoed inside my room, jolting me up from my slumber.

"What is it, Tiffany?" I replied sleepily. Tiffany is Appa's secretary and if she's here, that means...

"Your father is looking for you." I got up immediately, arranged my hair and headed out. Appa hates waiting. I went into his study room and found a young man sitting on a chair.

"You look differently younger, Appa." I stated, earning a smirk from him.

"Found this body dying near the bridge. Did a background check and it's perfect that he's living alone. No one will look for him. His name was Jung Yunho."

"He's handsome." I commented.

"That's great to hear."

Appa is a demon and often changes his physical appearance by possessing a body of a human who is either dead or dying. He never stays in a body for more than five years since they age and the physical limitations weaken him. But this body is the youngest one he ever possessed. He looks as young as Seunghyun oppa and he looked more like a brother than my father.

"Where's Mark?"

"Getting fond of your brother, Princess?" He replied.

"Not really."

"Sit down. I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"You know that I am the head of the council." I nodded in confirmation. "And despite the fact that Mark is doing a good job in his assignments, the Council is expecting a lot from the leader's children."

"Get straight to the point, Appa. What do they want with me?" I strongly replied.

"They want you to do an assignment."

"And what assignment will fit a hermit like me?"

"Stop calling yourself a hermit." My father retorted. "You're definitely not."

"Appa, I don't belong in any of the circles because the only thing I could do is hide my light and it isn't even considered a skill to pass even for the fifth circle!"

"Hiding your light may not be considered a skill for those damned circles but believe me, it will be the most important skill a demon's child should possess."

"But those kids don't think the same way. And they don't even know I could hide my light."

"Don't worry, Princess. Everything will be okay soon." He said with a smile. "You don't have to belong anywhere. You are my daughter, remember that."

"I'm here." Mark's voice came as he opened the door.

"Have a seat, Mark." My father replied. "How did it go?"

"Well, it was faster than I expected it to be. She killed herself before I could even suggest it to her." My brother said coldly as if it happens everyday.

"Good job. The Council will be happy with the success of your mission." Father replied.

"Fine. Why did you call me?"

"Soojung will be sent on an assignment. And I want you to be there with her."

"Are you making me her babysitter?" He irritatedly replied.

"No, Mark. You will be on another assignment when you're there."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You could at least pretend that I'm your sister." I joined in.

"I have no intention on being related to a weakling like you." He chimed in.

"I know. You don't have to rub it on my face."

"Stop this. You can't always fight, you know that." Father reprimanded. "You will both go and accept the assignments that will be given to you. And you will leave together, whether you like it or not. You may go."

Mark immediately stood up and left for his room without even sparing us a glance.

"He really hates me." I softly said.

"Remember that he can hear you, Princess." He said with a weak smile. "Good night."

---<3---

I was running for my life but shadows kept on following me. I was frantically calling out for help but no one seems to hear. I kept on running and running but the dark shadows never seem to get tired. My legs were aching from soreness until I saw a warm light in front of me that eventually for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter