Busan Academy

Inferno's Wrath (A Prequel To Heaven's Promise)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

"Soojung! Wait up!" Victoria said as she caught up with me. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." I coldly replied.

"Ya, don't lie to me!"

"I'm good at lying Vic. Anything more?"

"I'm not leaving you alone." She said with a playful smile. I just sighed and continued climbing up the stairs towards the rooftop. Just like she said, she continued following me without a word.

Today is just like the other day. My classmates were busy picking on me again. When I went inside the classroom this morning, the words 'weakling' and 'idiot' were carved on my desk. It's nothing new really... And I've gotten used to it so those words weren't supposed to hurt me... But they still do.

I'm studying at Busan Academy for the Elite. From the outside, it looks like it is a school for the rich, elite and intelligent. What they know is that kids in this school are lucky geniuses who were born from wealthy families and no one can enroll unless they were invited. It was some kind of Busan's very own Hogwarts.

Partly it is true. All the students here are of a rich background. But just like Hogwarts, the people here are of the same kind. And we are not humans.

"We could talk, you know that." Vic suddenly said, reminding me that she was there.

"I did not tell you to follow. And besides, you can read my mind, can't you?"

"I'm not your brother, Soojung. I can only read your mind when I look into your eyes." She cutely said.

"Why are you acting cute?" I irritatingly said but she knows that I wasn't really annoyed when she does it.

"I wasn't acting cute!" She said with a pout and with that I laughed. "See, I made you laugh."

"Thanks, Vic. I don't even know why you keep on hanging out with me. You deserve someone better."

"I choose my company, Soojung. They should not give a damn about it. Now, shall we eat?"

We went down and headed to the cafeteria. And just like how fast Vic has changed my mood, here comes a new set of trouble.

"How pathetic..." Haeryong said.

"I know right. She's getting close to a third circle student just to hide the fact that she's a hermit." Suzy added.

"Just ignore them, Soojung." Vic whispered as we just walked past them but one grabbed my wrist.

"What do you want, Sulli?" I glared at the girl but she did not even flinch.

"I really hate you all. What have I done to deserve this." She replied in a mocking tone and then I realized she was reading my mind.

"Stop it. Let go of me." I said while looking away.

"My, my... don't worry Ms. Hermit. It's not really your fault that you're weak."

"Leave her alone." Vic interrupted but they did not move. "I said, LEAVE!"

They all cowered. Vic is a third circle student. She's one of the best students in this school. And a bunch of fifth circle students are nothing compared to her. But it's better to be a fifth circle than to be like me who can't even qualify in it.

Busan Academy for the Elite is an extraordinary school with extraordinary students. When I said we weren't humans, I wasn't joking. Each student here are sons and daughters of demons or formally termed as nephilims. And when the human race thought that demons came with that pointed tail and huge forks, then they're all wrong.

We are gathered here for a reason: bring this earthly world to ruin. And this academy is our training ground. We still take our classes like normal schools depending on our age. But instead of the latest gadgets or money,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter