The Binding

Inferno's Wrath (A Prequel To Heaven's Promise)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

The news of having protectors after a decade spread like a wildfire. I still haven't seen Mark since he left for that recent assignment he had. When I went back to school, all eyes were on me as if I was already dead and they're looking at a ghost. But with Vic is happily smiling and ignoring all those intense stares, I felt relieved.

"Have I told you you're the best?" I said out of the blue as we headed towards our classroom.

"No need, darling. I can read your mind." She said with a smile.

The whole morning was pretty quiet and nothing eventful happened. I was just staring at the window, enjoying the lunch break when a commotion started outside.

"They're here! They're here!" One of my classmates shouted like those humans when they see a celebrity.

"Who's here?" Another one answered.

"The protectors! They have arrived!"

I was supposed to just completely ignore them but the mere mention of the word 'protectors' made me really nervous. Will my protector be nice? 

"Soojung." I heard a familiar voice call my name and the classroom fell awfully silent. I looked at the source of the voice and saw Mark waiting for me outside.

"What do you need?" I said in my mind and I'm pretty sure he's heard it. He just motioned me to come out and I hastily did.

"They're here. We need to meet them." Mark said.

"Why can't we meet them at home?" I asked.

"I would have preferred the same but the Council requires the first meeting to be here, within the academy grounds."

"Okay." It was all I could say. I followed Mark towards the Academy's conference hall where I found my father, Park Jinyoung-ahjusshi (though he looks more like my brother), Tiffany and two unfamiliar faces.

"It's about time." Jinyoung spoke, breaking the silence that enveloped the room. "We are done with the rules. I'm hoping that you both follow it then we will have no problems. I will leave the introductions to you, Yunho."

And with that, he left the room.

"Soojung. Mark. Please take a seat." Appa said in his usual father-like tone. "I'd like you to meet your protectors. Please introduce yourselves."

The man with broad shoulders stood up and kneeled in front of me. He looked really friendly but his eyes tell me that there's more to that friendly character he was showing.

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Park Chanyeol and I dedicate my life to protect you, My lady." He said. His voice was so deep that I felt chills done my spine with every word he said. I kept reminding myself that he's human and there's no way he could hurt me but then my current hermit status does not make me capable of protecting myself.

"Soojung." Father said and I was pulled out from my trance.

"Soojung. My name is Soojung." It was all I could say and that earned a warm smile from him. "No need to kneel."

"Whatever you say, My lady." He said as he stood up, his figure towering over mine.

"Bae Joohyun. It's a pleasure to serve you, Maste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter