My Birthday Present

Inferno's Wrath (A Prequel To Heaven's Promise)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's POV

I had a hard time going back to sleep after the nightmare incident. It was exactly what Young Master has explained to me and all I have to do is to make sure she wakes up from it.

Now, I'm sitting here on the balcony... appreciating the cold breeze that came with the awesome view. The sun hasn't risen yet and being able to see it first hand will be nice.

Just then, I heard movement from behind me and then a presence. I grabbed the person behind me and gripped his neck.

"C- C- Chanyeol." He said and seeing a familiar face made me let go almost immediately. "You sure are quick."

"Sorry for that... I thought you  were..."

"It's okay, it's my fault for not announcing my arrival." He replied teasingly.

"Why are you up so early, hyung?" I asked.

"Master has called me and I need to accompany him."

"This early? I thought demons need sleep too since the body they're possessing have physical limitations."

"Yes, he does sleep. But this is about Mark." He replied seriously.

"Something happened?"

"We're about to confirm it still." He tried to say calmly but I know he is dead worried. "I'll be gone for a day. So do me a favor and celebrate Soojung's birthday. Make her happy, Chanyeol."

"O- O- Of course." And with that, he smiled at me and left.

I was left there dumb-founded. He could have asked me to teach her how to hold a knife or defend herself or anything I was trained for... Because of all the lessons I took, none of them taught me how to make someone happy.

---<3---

After the endless debate with myself, I went inside the kitchen and prepared breakfast.Back during trainee period, Joohyun taught me how to make pancakes without burning the kitchen down and I was pretty confident I could do it.

"Morning, Chan." I heard her voice echo in the kitchen and I was so surprised that I dropped the plate I was holding. Lucky enough, I was able to catch it before it hit the floor. "Never knew you are capable of being surprised too."

I knew she was teasing me again but I just ignored her comment and continued to prepare the pancakes.

"Here." I said as I placed the plate in front for her. She was confused at first but when she saw the plate and that messy 'happy birthday' I had written using chocolate syrup on the pancakes, she smiled.

"Thanks." She replied. "I like it. Please take my picture."

"Mwo?"

"I said, get my phone and take my picture. It's a pain I have to eat this masterpiece... I need to keep a souvenir."

"Okay." I replied as I hesitatingly went into her room and grabbed her phone. She asked me to take her picture and happily ate it after she was contented with the shot.

"Where's Seunghyun-oppa?" She asked and I almost froze. This girl can really make me lose my mind.

"He left early saying he needs to take care of something."

"It's odd. He usually is the first one to greet me on my birthday."

"We're you disappointed that I greeted you first, my lady?"

"Not at all. But I'll get used to it so make sure you greet me first again next year."

We ate in silence afterwards. She got so bored and decided to lock herself up inside her room since her friend, Vic, is also busy.

"Park Chanyeol... Hyung said to make her happy... She's not happy, you ." I said to myself whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter