A Father's Decision

Inferno's Wrath (A Prequel To Heaven's Promise)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark's POV

I called Seunghyun hyung for help and he arrived almost immediately. I was lucky nobody saw what I did and Taemin is too traumatized to even remember what I did. Taemin's parents came after Appa called them. They were sorry about what happened and volunteered to help in finding out who the mastermind was.

"Mark." Father called out to me. I am in Soojung's room, watching her sleep her heart out. Aside from bruises on her neck, leg and her back, I'm glad that it wasn't that serious. "The one who manipulated Taemin does not have the ability like yours."

"What do you mean?"

"Your ability does not leave people traumatized. It makes them physically exhausted, yes, but not traumatized..."

"So you mean they used some kind of dark power to do that?"

"That's right." He said and took a deep breath. "And there's only one family I know of who has mastered such thing... Park Jinyoung."

"If you are correct, Appa... why would he do it to Soojung? Why her? He knows that she's a hermit. Why would they kill a girl who can't even fight them back?"


"Park Jinyoung always wanted my position as the Council leader. He devoted his life as one of the twelve council demons more than anyone else." Father explained. "A first class student kills the council leader's daughter in the academy grounds will be the worst news in history."

"Soojung's fine, Appa. Taemin is recovering... There's nothing to be afraid about." I replied.

"I need to ensure that you are both safe."

"Don't tell me..."

"Yes, Mark." He replied sternly. "I will be seeking help from the protectors."

I never bothered to reply. He knows well how I hate the idea of having protectors. Protectors are from a clan of humans who study and use the darkest forms of power. They serve demons and their childen. By tradition, one trained protector is assigned to defend a nephilim with their life. And I hate it... I am a member of the first circle and the best among its five members. If the academy will find out that Appa has required the presence of the protectors, it will surely be disaster.

Appa left without saying another word and I remained there, nailed on my seat.


Soojung's POV

It's morning and I feel my body aching all over. I can barely move my body without feeling the pain. I opened my eyes and found Mark sleeping on the sofa just beside my bed. What happened?

"M- M- Mark..." I called out and my brother got up immediately. "What happened?"

"How are you feeling?" He asked an I swear I saw worry in his eyes. It was the first time he showed me this emotion. Then suddenly, memories of what happened flooded in my mind.

"Taemin..." I said. "He tried to... He tried to kill me... He... I..."

"Shhh... Stop..." Mark said as gently caressed my hair. "Taemin was not himself when he did that... You're safe now."

"T- T- Thanks..." I managed to say. "Mark..."

"Ne?"

"Since when did you start caring for me?" I asked. I somehow expected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter