Chapter 2

My Love for Him, His Love for Her

-flashback-

Congratulations!

I heard everyone shouted happily as they popped the party poppers and clapped their hands. There was a quote on the cake in front of me that said "Congratulations on your acceptance to Seoul National University. Ms. Kim Jihye and Mr. Park Jimin" My parents were all so excited that I finally got accepted to the university I always wanted to go to, that they decided to throw me a party. I was happy too, but the thing I was most happy about was that Jimin was accepted to the same university and I knew for sure we wouldn't get separated anymore. I knew him since kindergarten. While everyone bullied me, he was the only one who got close to me and actually protected me from the bullies. We became best friends ever since. We went to the same kindergarten, preschool, elementary school, middle school, high school, and now university. Basically we've been together our whole lives and are like siblings. but... I don't think of him as my brother. He always had a special place in my heart. 'I don't think Jimin sees me anything more than just a best friend or a sister.. gosh I wish I could change that perspective of him! only if I could-'

"Jihye?" I heard my name and snapped out of my thoughts

"hm?" I questioned, having no idea what was going on as everyone's eyes were on me

"aren't you going to cut the cake?" Jimin giggled. 'God he looks adorable when he smiles!'

"o-oh right! o-okay" I stumbled at my words trying to avoid his smiling eyes

"let's do it together! since we both got accepted!" he suggested holding the knife in his hand and signaling me to hold it with him. I put my hand on top of his, realizing how soft it was. The hot air hit my cheeks as I began to blush. I looked down trying to hide my red face and let Jimin guide the way. He slowly cut the cake and everyone's cheers got louder. He gently put little pieces of cake in plates and handed them to the guests. "congratulations" he cheered as he handed me a plate. "you too!" I smiled and looked down at my plate and saw that the piece he gave me had his name on it, then I looked at his own plate and saw my name. I could feel my whole face turned red and tried to cover my cheeks with my hands. I heard Jimin chuckle as he noticed me blushing. "hey!" as soon as I lifted my face to see who it was, Jimin rubbed a little cake cream on my nose playfully. "aw you look cute" he let out a giggle. My mind took a few seconds to process the situation until I rubbed a huge amount of my cake on his cheek and laughed. "you look cuter Jiminie" I said while laughing. His eyes widened but then his lips curved into an evil smirk as he stood up with his plate in his hand and attempting to smash the cake on my face "I see how it is" he smirked and I quickly stood up and started to run from him while laughing and screaming. We both looked like 5 year olds at that moment but it was fun. We spent the rest of the night talking, laughing and playing around. Boy we had fun that night!

-end of flashback-

"aah I don't know what to wear!! I have no clothes!" Minseo whined from her room.

"excuse me? you have no clothes that's why even half of my closet is filled with your clothes?" I complained

"Ugh I just want to look my best when meeting him, Jiji. I have to look perfect! but what do I do? I don't have any perfect dress-"

"all your dresses are perfect Minseo! all of them! just chill, okay?" I cut her off half annoyed and tried to comfort her

"so help me choose! seriously I'm in a mental breakdown right now, I need help" Minseo whined causing me to go to her closet and browse her cloths. There was a dress that especially caught my eyes. It was a white dress with a black belt. there were also black polka dots on the skirt part of the dress and a big black bow at the back. It was pretty, really pretty. I picked the dress and handed it to Minseo. "here, I'm sure it'll look great on you!" I smiled at her "you can even match it with your black high heels so it's perfect!" I gave her a thumbs up. "t-thank you!" she kept looking at me with a surprised expression, but that soon changed into a happy expression as she hugged me so tight that I could barely breath. "you are breaking me" I managed to speak while trying to catch my breath. She let me go and put both of her hands on my shoulders "you are the best Jiji! I love you!" she tried to 'act' touched "yea you're welcome". I went to my room. now it was my turn to get ready.

Yea, today is the 'special' day. The day Minseo finally gets to see her childhood friend, Jungkook. And apparently she has a huge crush on him as she never stops talking about him, his cuteness and his iness. They've known each other since elementary school, but for some reasons Jungkook's family had to move to the US, so they got separated when they were in first year in high school. But still they never lost contact as they called, texted, and skyped each other, pretty much every day. And now he is coming back to seoul to visit for the first time in four years. So I bet they both are pretty excited to finally get to see each other,but.. why the hell do I need to go?? ugh, I just decided to shrug it off and go along with her. I put on a white t-shirt and slipped into my skinny jeans and my precious sneakers. god are they comfortable! I took my phone, headphones and shades and stepped out of my room. My eyes widened as I saw Minseo. She looked beautiful! She had her hair in a ponytail, but still her hair was long enough to cover her back. Her makeup was simple but pretty. If I wanted to describe her looks in one word, it would be flawless! She was checking herself in the mirror when she saw me staring at her. "that's creepy Jiji" she chuckled. "but you look so pretty Minseo! I feel ashamed of myself even walking with you!" I told her honestly but then she turned around and approached me "oh come on! my Jiji looks cute as always! But you're missing something" she turned around and took something from her makeup bag. a lipstick. She came back to me and applied the lipstick on my lips "wala! now you look even cuter" she giggled. I walked to the mirror to see myself. I would be lying if I said it didn't look good on me. The baby pink colored lipstick really made my lips stand out, in a cute kinda way. I liked it. I turned to face Minseo and smiled softly "thank you! it looks good, I like it"

We stepped into the usual cafeteria, where we supposed to meet up with Jungkook. We looked around and I finally saw a boy standing up from his table, his gaze at us. The next thing I noticed was Minseo. She was looking directly at the same guy, with tears in her eyes. I then knew for sure that he was Jungkook. I gently tapped Minseo on her back trying to comfort her "it's okay, you should be happy! if you cry all your makeup would be messed up and I'm sure you wouldn't want that" I giggled a little. She shook her head no and took a deep breath. "okay! I'm happy! I'm ready for this" she said as she straightened her back and started walking towards the boy. I followed behind her.

"Minseo!" Jungkook called her

"Jungkook" Minseo mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. They looked at each other for a while and then hugged each other tightly. They were both so happy. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen that tears started to form in my eyes. I was happy for them too. They let go of each other and looked at one another. "I missed you" Jungkook said while smiling and wiping Minseo's tears from her cheeks. "I *sniffle* missed you *sniffle* too!" She managed through her sobbing. Thankfully her makeup was waterproof so nothing happened. I coughed, reminding them I was still standing there. They both snapped back to the reality and realizing me. "o-oh right" Minseo tapped her forehead as if she had forgotten my presence and approached me, standing next to me and linking her arms with me "Jungkook, this is Jihye! my roommate and my best friend! Jihye, this is Jungkook, My childhood friend-" "and lover" I cut her off whispering in her ear while giggling. She slapped me on my arm gently, warning me to stop. I let out a little laugh and showing her thumbs up, reassuring her. I then stepped forward, bowing my head and letting out my hand for a handshake "nice to meet you Jungkook-ssi." He kept looking at me with wide eyes, not saying anything. I waved my hand in front of him "Jungkook-ssi?" He suddenly shook his head and smiled at me "a-ah, n-nice to meet you too J-jihye-ssi" He stumbled at his words and shook my hand. I looked at him, a little confused but let it drop. We sat at the table, Minseo sitting next to Jungkook and I across from Minseo. We ordered our drinks and Minseo started to talk about their childhood memories. Even though she have told me all of it many times before, but it still made me laugh. As I was listening to Minseo, I noticed Jungkook looking down at his coffee with a blank expression. 'what's up with this guy?' I was still confused at his behavior but still let it drop, since Minseo didn't notice anything.