Discovery

Pretty Boys Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu's POV

I sat there and watched as she took a small sip of her tea. Smiling happily at her, I launched into a topic that got her eyes to light up. Grinning widely, I nodded along to her words as she kept talking and going on and on about animals.

"You really do like animals huh?"

She hummed happily and nodded quickly, a grin plastered on her face. "Of course~ They're adorable."

I nodded again and turn my attention to the waitress as she placed down our food, her sandwich and my fried rice. I pushed her sandwich toward her and stole a piece of the french fry that came with it as a side dish. She glared at me playfully and I laughed, shrugging a bit as I popped it into my mouth, eating it happily.

"Are you sure that the fried rice will be enough for you?" she asked as she tilted her head slightly to the side, looking like she's concerned about my health. I looked at her, confused, and laughed amusingly.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'd be enough. I'm already kinda full, so don't worry," I assured her while patting my stomach. Truth to be told, I was actually starving but hey, I must resist and not look like a pig in front of her as I eat. Maybe when I start to get to know her, I can eat more and more but right now, I need to make sure that I don't do that.

We began to eat our meal and midway in my fried rice, I looked up and noticed Yunji picking out at something from her sandwich and I let out a soft laugh. "She's so cute," I said quietly while staring at her. 

I felt a smile spread across my face until I widened my eyes, realizing what I just said before. I shook my head and stared back at my fried rice, shoving a good amount into my mouth, trying to keep myself "busy."

Yunji looked up from her phone and at me, chuckling lightly. "Hey, don't eat so fast. I don't want you choking and dying on me, now do I?" she said jokingly while passing me a tissue from the table. 

I chewed and nodded slowly, accepting her tissue and wiping my face with it. She grinned at me as she took another bite of her sandwich. I swallowed my bite of fried rice and stared at my hands, my mind racing and thinking about how she looks when she smiled.

Sighing softly, I placed down my spoon, no longer hungry for some reason and looked up at her, humming slightly. "So.. Yunji."

"Hm?" She responded and chewed while her free hand reach toward a napkin to wipe her lips. "Yeah?"

"How's the school? We got really good looking people there. Anyone caught your eyes?" I asked teasingly but from the bottom of my heart, I prayed that she doesn't.

She only laughed and continued to eat, my small grin on my face disappeared at her answer and sighed.

OC'S POV

I sighed happily and pat my belly, quite unladylike if you asked me but why would I care? I mean, it's only Mingyu that's in front of me right? I looked at him and saw that he was already chuckling, shaking his head at my actions.

"What? I'm full," I muttered, trying to justify myself and he just laughed again.

"Alright, I'm guessing you're done? Let's go," he said and stood up, pulling out his wallet. "I'll pay this time. Okay?~"

I nodded rapidly, allowing him to pay for me this time while I stood up, grabbing my jacket. Looking a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter