You Are Mine Now

The Boy Who Can't Leave

The marriage officiant was a bit hesitant. He saw the half-conscious lady in the arms of the young man who claimed to be the groom of her, which made him curious to know more about the 'strange' couple. "What is wrong with your partner? Is she alright?" asked the marriage officiant while trying to check on the bride-to-be. His action made Kyung-il furious and immediately retreated, "Don't you dare to touch my Seong-Im! Just do your job and get this wedding done!"

 

The way Kyung-il responded was a great shock to the marriage officiant. He began to sense that something wasn't right with the young man, so he courageously questioned the intention of marrying the couple in such a rush. Unfortunately, that led to a bigger problem. In a blink of an eye, Kyung-il was already pointing the end of his pistol at the man's forehead. The 'groom-to-be' wasn't afraid of the eyes that were watching them. All he cared was his desire to 'own' the woman he had been in love with for years. "Do you have any idea how long have I been waiting for this moment?! Huh?! I LOVE THIS WOMAN! Isn't that enough for me to marry her?! Who are you to question my intent?!" Kyung-il screamed insanely at the marriage officiant's face without putting down the weapon.

 

"Please.. just.. do as he said," finally she got the energy to whispered after gathering her strength to save the day from getting any worse. Honestly Ji Hyo will never agree to marry the psychotic Kyung-il, but she was extremely afraid of the consequences should it not happen. Someone (if not her) might die on that day, unless she accepted him as her husband and succumbed to all of his demands. It was unfair considering that the wedding will affect her future, however now isn't the time to 'negotiate' with the 'crazy' Kyung-il.

 

At her request, the wedding took place. Kyung-il was the only happy person there, while the rest were feeling sorry for his bride who didn't seem to be 'pleased' with the force marriage. When her 'husband' leaned forward to kiss her forehead, Ji Hyo's natural reflex was to avoid him out of fear. But that wouldn't stop Kyung-il from getting what he wanted. He simply grabbed her head - pecking her lips against her will and held her tightly when she was struggling to break free. Once he was satisfied, Kyung-il took his wife back to the car and locked the door. Everything went too fast for Ji Hyo to believe that she's already married to the 'younger-looking man', and in her heart she kept praying for her to wake up from the horrifying nightmare.

 

"Can you look at your husband for once? I want to see the face of my beautiful wife," Kyung-il begged when he noticed that Ji Hyo was avoiding his stare. He knew she wasn't happy. He saw her watery eyes, but Kyung-il chose to ignore it. Feeling bad about his action will cause him to lose Ji Hyo forever, so he refused to let her win. He didn't want to change his mind - not when things went this far for him to regret what he's done. To make her feel better, Kyung-il held the hand of his wife with love. He kissed her fingers and spoke to Ji Hyo in a soft voice, "I'm sorry for not giving you a proper wedding, sweetheart.. but more importantly we have each other now. You're mine.. and I am yours. We will forever be together, Seong-Im. Isn't that enough?"

 

Somehow the words from Kyung-il made her heart filled with anger. She hated her 'husband' for controlling the fate of her life, and secretly wished that they never met before. "You've got what you wanted. Now let me go," Ji Hyo was hoping that his obsession towards her will end with the marriage, but unfortunately her husband was a stubborn man. Instead of setting her free, Kyung-il was thinking of 'keeping' his wife all to himself, "I want you to move in with me, Seong-Im. I promise that I will always take good care of you.. providing you a shelter, showering you with love.. and if that's not enough, I can return your fame.. just the way you used to. All I need is for you to be my Seong-Im.. the one who will stay by my side no matter where I'll be."

 

"So.. it's true then. You're the one who ruined my career as an actress and made everyone go against me. What a 'best friend' you are!" Ji Hyo scoffed with arms crossed in front of her chest.

Without feeling guilty, Kyung-il admitted what he did, "Ne.. I had to do what I had to do back then. You gave me no choice, Seong-Im. I can't let you choose your career over my feeling for you when you already made a promise to marry me!"

"When did I promise you that?!"

"Have you forgotten? You once called me your 'future husband', Seong-Im.. so now I'm claiming that 'right' to be your man."

"Well.. congratulations. You 'won' the fight. Just remember this, Kyung-il. I.. will never.. EVER forgive what you did to me. You can do what you want.. I don't care and I don't want to know. But if something bad happen to the people around me.. I will make you regret for marrying me today. Are we clear?"

 

Kyung-il fake a laugh at Ji Hyo's warning. He wasn't intimidated. After all, he's the one who's not afraid to pull the trigger when he had to. Kyung-il knew Ji Hyo too well. Just threat her with someone's life, and she will easily succumb to his demand. Unlike him. Because of the painful past, he became the man he is today - full of vengeance and heartless. Kyung-il is now a man who is highly obsessed to revenge his unrequited love, and for that he no longer want to be at the losing end. "I don't have to do anything 'bad' if you're willing to give your heart to me, Seong-Im. Trust me.. I hate 'getting my hands dirty' just to get your attention on me, but sometimes it's necessary. Like today, for example. If I didn't do all that.. will we be getting married anytime soon?"

 

"If only you had asked nicely.. I would have considered it, Kyung-il. But now that I know who you really are and what you have done.. I don't think I can accept you anymore. Our friendship has ended the day you forced me to marry you, Kyung-il. I despised you!"

"Hate me as much as you want, my love. But nothing will ever change the way I feel about you. I will 'teach' you how to be nice to your 'husband', and accept the fact that we're legally married. Anyway.. it's too late to walk out from me, sweetheart. We've made a vow and from now on I am the only man for you. I don't mind if you refuse to admit our relationship in front of the students when we're back in school, but outside of that.. you're my wife, Seong-Im. Don't let me 'catch' you with another guy. Arachi?"

 

Back in school. Those three words made Ji Hyo's heart beat out of rhythm. In the class, she's still Kyung-il's teacher. To the rest of the students and her working colleagues, their 'age-gap' is huge. No one would believe that she's actually married to Kyung-il, and according to the school's law their 'relationship' is forbidden. Can she really keep her marriage as a secret? But the most difficult question is.. how will Kyung-il react to her in class?