The Fall Of An Actress

The Boy Who Can't Leave

(Current day)

 

His confession was still unacceptable and she refused to believe it. First, he's too young to be Han Kyung-il. Unless they are related, Ji Hyo found it impossible that he could be the same person from her past. Second, her Han Kyung-il is not a man with a dark personality. He's nice, kind and definitely nothing to be afraid of. But this Song Kyung-il is different. Everything about him made her shivered. He even threatened her with a weapon - something that she believed wouldn't be attempted by her 'future husband'.

 

"Listen here, young man. I'm not sure how you know too much of my past and what exactly do you plan to do to me.. but trust me that you wouldn't want to ruin your future like this!" Ji Hyo firmly reminded him of the consequences, but he plainly laughed at her. Kyung-il caressed her hair with his fingers - his eyes were always fixated on her face. Obviously he doesn't care about her warning, as the most important thing to him was to revenge his unrequited love. "My future was already ruined when you left me, Seong-im. You threw me away once you got a better man.. and I can't forgive you for that," Kyung-il's voice was deep when he gazed at the woman with cold eyes.

 

Ji Hyo tried to reflect if the boy was telling her the truth - that he's really the man he claimed to be and that his actions were resulted from his anger towards her. The fact that she had moved on to chase her dream as an actress made her gradually 'erasing' everyone from her past, including Han Kyung-il. But it wasn't intentional. She was just focusing on building her presence in the industry, that she hardly had time to keep in touch with anyone other than her family and people from the agency. As years gone by and with the 'chaos' that led to her downfall, Ji Hyo has totally forgotten about the man whom she once regarded as her best friend.

 

"Kyung-il aah.. mian," she soften her tone, hopefully to calm her kidnapper from responding in an aggressive manner. In that situation, she has no choice but to 'give in' a little. Ji Hyo forced herself to accept the boy as the real Han Kyung-il, "I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I got too distracted by my career.. and maybe I did took our friendship for granted, but that's because I thought you would be there for me.. as always." Kyung-il let out a small laugh, "I knew that already.. which is why I've decided to 'remove' you from the problem."

 

(6 months ago)

 

Ji Hyo was surprised to receive news that her contract with the agency wouldn't be renewed. It was very odd for the management to make such decision, especially when her career was booming after she won the best new actress award. "But Mr. Oh.. why are you doing this to me? I always give my full commitment to my work and never had any disciplinary issue with the production team!" she seek for justice from her agency, yet nobody would revealed the real reason for them to 'abandon' her all of the sudden.

 

Mr. Oh - the President of KW Talent Agency could only responded in a vague way, "We know you can manage your career on your own.. now that you have made this far in the industry." Of course she wasn't satisfy with the answer, "But I'm still new in this field, Mr. Oh. How can you say that?! I've only involved in two movies and three dramas since my debut.. that doesn't qualified me as a senior actress!". "You're right. It's not," the President paused for a while before he continued, "But we couldn't afford to keep you with us any longer. I'm sorry, but our connection ends here."

 

That was the beginning of her darkest moment in her career. From that moment on, Ji Hyo felt that she was 'neglected' by the people in the industry. Producers were refused to take her in, and she hardly got a chance to be interviewed by the medias. It was as if the world was 'boycotting' her existence as an actress - a job that she once loved and enjoyed to do after working so hard to earn the title. As she no longer has anyone around to support her, Ji Hyo turned to her only friend from the industry - Heechul.

 

"You look thinner. Did you skip your lunch?" Heechul asked in concern as he noticed the significant change on her physical appearance. Ji Hyo sighed and nodded weakly. She was too busy worrying about her future that she has forgotten to take care of herself. Although she asked him out for dinner, but the truth was Ji Hyo has lost appetite to consume the food on her plate. "Heechul aah.. thank you for coming tonight. I really need a companion to talk to," she expressed her gratitude to her only friend who looked at her with guilt. He kept scanning around for hidden cameras or presence of his fans, which made Ji Hyo curious of his awkward behaviour.

 

As she couldn't help from wondering what was bothering his mind, she threw a question to Heechul, "Wae geu rae? Are you expecting someone?". He spontaneously turned to her with a surprise look on his face, "Ahneeoh! What makes you say that?".

 

"Your eyes were gazing around since we sat here. Is there anything wrong Heechul?" Ji Hyo seek for his explanation. At first he refused to be honest, but after she kept insisting for his response, Heechul finally told the truth. "I think we should stop seeing each other like this.. Ji Hyo," he exhaled heavily after uttering those words which he wanted to save for later time. But since Ji Hyo kept pressuring for him to spill out the reason, Heechul decided to come clean about their situation. "I don't want people to think that we're in some kind of a relationship," he said and immediately avoided her stare.

 

She blinked her eyes in disbelieved, "Was it because I'm no longer a 'star' in the society.. and now you're ashamed to be seen with me?". He nonchalantly defended himself, "You know it's not good for my career too, Ji Hyo. I don't know what you did or who have you offended recently.. but I'm guessing it must be someone with strong influence in the industry. Otherwise, who would go to the extreme just to destroy your career?"

 

Ji Hyo wasn't sad to know that someone out there wasn't happy that she became successful as an actress, but she was devastated by Heechul's decision to walk away at the time she needed him most. "All these while I thought you're a real friend to me, Heechul," her voice began to crack as she held her tears from falling. She blurted out her disappointment at him, "Now I understand who you really are. You're an opportunist!".

 

"Sorry that I can't live up to your expectations," Heechul wiped his mouth clean and stood up from his chair. He coldly stared at the woman who was crying in front of him, "I believe this is the last time we'll be seeing each other. Just to let you know that I'm currently in a relationship with another woman.. so I don't want to upset her by associating myself with you. Goodbye, Song Ji Hyo."