We Belong Together

The Boy Who Can't Leave

(4 months ago)

 

She received yet another letter from the same school, asking for her confirmation of acceptance for the temporary position that's being offered. In total, three of the same letters were sent to her - with her real name as the recipient. At first Ji Hyo was contemplating to get in touch with the officers from the school, but the pressure to find new job for the sake of paying her bills made the fallen actress took up the challenge to become an educator.

 

That afternoon, she decided to dial the general phone number that was printed on the school's letterhead. The moment someone answered it, Ji Hyo introduced herself and seek to clarify on the job offer that was sent via formal letters. The officer who attended to her call confirmed that it was really meant for her to consider. "But frankly.. I've never applied for this position. May I know the reason that I was chosen?" Ji Hyo was hoping for an explanation to the strange coincidence. The man over the line chuckled, "We were strongly recommended to bring you on board miss Seong-im. After all, we need a substitute teacher urgently and your qualification seems to fit with our requirements."

 

Her conversation with the officer went on for almost fifteen minutes until she was truly satisfied with the terms and conditions. Somehow she felt that she's being overpaid for a non-permanent position, but Ji Hyo decided not to question the amount and assumed that nothing was wrong with it. Once the call ended, Ji Hyo returned to her couch and the tv. There was nothing interesting to watch, so she got up - dragged herself to the kitchen counter to make herself a cup of coffee.

 

'Ding dong!' her doorbell broke the silence. "Who could it be?" Ji Hyo asked herself as she wasn't expecting any visitor. Slowly she took a peek from behind the door before opening it wide. "May I come in?" Heechul was standing in front of her eyes, and it seems like he's been waiting there for hours. Instantaneously her heart was filled with anger as the night at the dinner two months ago resurfaced in her mind, "Do I know you?"

 

Heechul immediately blocked the door before she could close it, "Ji Hyo.. jaebal! Let's talk for a while."

"There's nothing else to say between us, Heechul.."

"I know you're still mad at me. Ji Hyo.. mianhae. Can't we be friends like we used to?"

She scoffed at him, "Friend? You don't even know the meaning of that word."

 

Again she tried to slammed the door on him, but Heechul wouldn't allow her to ignore his presence. Instead, he squeezed himself in and got into the house without her permission. "Yaa! Noh micheosseo?!" Ji Hyo yelled as Heechul barged in and pinned her up against the wall. "I know I made a mistake. I was wrong to leave you.. but that's because I was afraid, Ji Hyo. I was afraid of my future in the industry.. that's why I got confused and made a bad choice about us," he tried very hard to convince the woman that he truly regretted his decision, but it wasn't easy to mend her broken heart.

 

"You didn't sound confused when you said that we should stop seeing each other because you've fallen for another woman," she echoed his excuse for ending their close friendship. Heechul sighed as he remembered telling her those lies, "Honestly.. the only woman I'm seeing is you, Ji Hyo. I realized how foolish I was for saying that I'm in a relationship with someone when I'm not, so now I'm hoping that you will forgive me for my stupid mistake."

 

As she was still clouded by anger and frustration, Ji Hyo refused to believe any of his word. "Why do you even bother? To you I'm just a bad luck and not an important person.." before she could complete her sentence, Heechul invaded her lips for a long minute as he naturally wrapped his hands around her waist. They both didn't expect that kiss, and now their eyes were gazing deeply into each other as they broke the cuddle. "You're important to me, Song Ji Hyo. Please stay in the light where I can see you.. day and night," he softly pleaded, and the ice that shielded her cold heart began to melt.

 

(Current day)

 

His words were almost similar to what she heard from Heechul four months ago. The only difference was it came with a marriage proposal instead of a kiss. She has already agreed to explore her relationship with Heechul beyond the friend boundary, which for now they have decided to keep it as their little secret from the fans and media. "It's impossible to get married in one night Kyung-il," she gave an excuse to save herself from the force marriage. Ji Hyo was still contemplating to believe that he was the same Han Kyung-il, despite all his stories seem to validate his claim. So instead of accepting his proposal there and then, Ji Hyo was hoping to 'delay' his plan.

 

"Gwaenchanayo, my love. I already thought about it, so I've searched for a place where we can hold our wedding.. tonight," he confidently answered and slipped the ring onto her finger, smiling brightly as he locked his eyes on hers. Silently, Ji Hyo cursed in her mind. It seems that Kyung-il has well thought about the 'kidnapping' and the 'marriage', which left her with no choice but to succumb to his demand.

 

She was even thinking of running away from that place when he finally released her right hand, but her hope shattered when Kyung-il chained himself to her with a handcuff. After releasing her left hand and her feet, she was taken out from the room while blindfolded. "Where are you taking me?" Ji Hyo's heart was pounding so fast as she couldn't see where she was heading. She heard him chuckled in her ear, "I'm taking you to attend our wedding, my love." Right after he said that, Kyung-il knocked out the woman with chloroform. It only took less than five seconds for Ji Hyo to lose conscious - making it easier for Kyung-il to carry her to his car.

 

He whistled happily as he got into the driver's seat, stealing a glance at his 'future wife' before shifting the gear to drive mode. The journey took about twenty minutes from his place, and she hasn't open her eyes when they arrived at the church. Instead of waking her up, Kyung-il just wait in the car with Ji Hyo. His stare was always on her, and once in a while he would caress her hair or play with her fingers to kill the time. His obsession towards the woman kept him awake all night - not wanting to let her get away while he took a nap next to the lady.

 

"Good morning sunshine," Kyung-il greeted Ji Hyo the moment she regained her conscious six hours later. Still feeling a bit dizzy from the strong smell of chloroform, the woman scanned around the area in confusion. They were inside of his car, but it was parked at an area that was new to her. "Where.. what is this place?" Ji Hyo tried to recall her memory, but everything was still blurry. She felt weak to move from her seat, and that made it impossible for her to escape though she had the chance.

 

Without answering to her question, Kyung-il opened the door at the passenger side and carried Ji Hyo in his arms. Because she hasn't regained her full energy, Ji Hyo wasn't struggling to break free when he took her into the building. "Are you the one who called us earlier?" the marriage officiant welcomed them with a soft smile, to which Kyung-il replied, "Ne.. and this is my future wife, Cheon Seong-im. We'd like you to officiate our wedding."