Man From The Past

The Boy Who Can't Leave

His confession was totally beyond her imagination. When she made the decision to accept his invitation, Ji Hyo thought it was nothing serious and she only had to deal with him just like her other fans. But no, the guy who was sitting in front of her was more than just a fan - he's a man with a power. A power to control her life and her future. "Mwoya? Is this some kind of a joke?" she gave a cold reaction, showing how much she despised him for what he did. Kyung-il had a wicked smile on his face, as if 'something' was playing in his mysterious mind. But the one thing that she couldn't stand was his intense, long stare on her.

 

Feeling uncomfortable being his center of focus, Ji Hyo threatened the young man in a firm voice, "Whatever that you have in mind.. I'd suggest that you forget it! I'm not going to fall for your mischievous plan and I will not hesitate to report you to the disciplinary council should you try anything 'funny' on me!". Kyung-il simply laughed at her reaction, although she was being serious about her warning. "Is this the way you treat your number one fan? I was hoping for an appreciation for my 'kind' intent," he mocked the woman just to provoke her into a heated conversation. Of course Ji Hyo was all fired up by his words, "Yaa! Do you think I'm that stupid to thank you for messing up with my life?!".

 

She got up from the chair, but didn't dare to step away from the table the moment Kyung-il changed the tone of his voice. "Sit down or someone will die tonight!" he shouted angrily at her, sending shiver to her bones. Reluctantly, Ji Hyo returned to her seat. Her heart beat rised almost in an instant when Kyung-il took out a black semiautomatic pistol from his suit and placed it on the table. Because of that, Ji Hyo's eyes were only locked on the weapon. She was too scared to imagine what the man was planning to do next, as things were getting out of hand. Seeing that the new teacher was no longer rebellious, Kyung-il casually switched to his old behavior, "You should eat your food. It's getting cold."

 

"What do you want from me?" Ji Hyo's voice was very soft as if she was whispering to him, however it was clear enough for him to hear the words. He could sense that she was trembling out of fear, but Kyung-il continued to pretend like nothing had happened in the last few minutes. He cut the meat on his plate and fed it to Ji Hyo, "Here.. eat mine." Afraid that he would be furious if she decline his gesture, the woman opened and bit the food from his fork. He repeated the same gesture for a couple of times before he said, "You should have behaved this way right from the beginning. Isn't it more romantic? Just you and I.. on our first date." Though he was smiling, but the way he looked at her while he drank the wine from his glass made Ji Hyo curious and anxious to the extreme.

 

Again, Kyung-il invited her to drink her wine, but this time he made it sounded like an 'instruction'. The woman's hand was shaking as she picked up the glass and took a sip from it. Not satisfied with her effort, Kyung-il gave another instruction, "Finish your drink now so we can move on to the dance floor." For the sake of her safety, Ji Hyo had to obey to him and let the man guided her by the waist as he took her off her seat for a slow dance. Kyung-il tighten his cuddle so that their bodies were in contact with each other, and rested his chin on her shoulder while forcing her to do the same. "Don't be afraid.. just enjoy the dance with me," the man whispered to her ear as he could feel that her body was still trembling in fear. Although her fast beating heart was so obvious to him, Kyung-il 'loved' the way she succumbed to his demand without resistant.

 

Slowly, Ji Hyo felt like the music was fading away and her vision began to turn into pitch black. As she opened her eyes, Ji Hyo found herself tied to a chair and was left alone in a big room that invited a thousand mysteries. The walls were decorated with pictures and posters of her, but the one thing that captured her attention was a sketch of her face which was displayed on an easel at the corner of the room. The drawing seems familiar to her, but Ji Hyo didn't want to jump to her own conclusion. All she wanted to do was to free herself before Kyung-il returned. Unfortunately, the rope was too tight and she was already out of energy after several fail attempts.

 

"Somebody help me! Please!" Ji Hyo shouted at the top of her lungs, hoping that someone would come to the rescue. She heard footsteps outside of the room, but her hope to escape was shattered into pieces the moment she found out that they belong to Kyung-il. "Ah.. you've awaken! Mianhae.. I know you're not comfortable in that chair, but I have to make sure that you're not leaving this place unless I want you to," he calmly spoke to her while circling the room. "Who are you exactly?! Why are you doing this to me?!" Ji Hyo gathered her courage to question her 'kidnapper'. Kyung-il made a stop at the easel which has Ji Hyo's sketch picture. He touched the drawing of her lips with his finger as he prompted a question, "Do you know how precious you were to him? But all he got was this.. a drawing."

 

His words had confirmed her assumption that it was the same drawing of her from the past. Years ago before she became an actress, Ji Hyo was quite close to a talented artist who she regarded as her best friend. He was the one who drew the picture of her, but didn't get the chance to give it as her birthday present after she became successful with her first movie. Her life as celebrity had driven them apart from each other, and Ji Hyo had lost contact with her one and only male best friend. "How did you know about Han Kyung-il? And why is the drawing with you?!" she tried to find the connection between Kyung-il and the man from her 'past' life. Her instinct was telling her that they were related to each other, perhaps blood brothers or maybe cousins.

 

"So you still remember the name.. I'm really flattered," his eyes were looking deep into hers, but she couldn't access his mysterious mind. Kyung-il approached his 'prey' and ran his fingers through her hair, tucking it behind her ears so he could appreciate the beauty of her face. He bended forward to reach for her lips, but restrained himself from kissing the woman. "I always imagine what it's like to peck those cherry lips of yours.. but only when you let me 'have' it," he took a moment of silence before he continued, "All I want is you.. Song Ji Hyo." "You haven't answered my question.. how do you know Han Kyung-il?!  Where is he?" she raised her voice at him, hoping to intimidate the man into giving some answers. To her surprise, he revealed the darkest secret of his, "I am Han Kyung-il.. the man who was and still in love with his only best friend, Cheon Seong-im or famously known as.. Song Ji Hyo."