The Real You

Oh my, I Keep Getting a Heart Attack

— What the are you doing here ? 

Hyejeong asked shocked and angry.

A girl she knew quite well was standing in front of her dad’s computer, her two hands on the desk. Seolhyun’s gaze, first panicked, turned to an emotionless one, almost scaring the tall girl. 

— Argh, Hyejeong, you shouldn’t have woken up. Seolhyun said. You always make everything so complicated.

— What are you doing here Kim Seolhyun ? And why the are you dressed like Cat Woman ? 

Seolhyun took a deep breath, looking at the girl with an annoyed gaze. Suddenly they heard a weird sound coming from the door of the apartment. Seolhyun’s eyes widened.

— Is there anyone else here ? She whispered worriedly.

— No. There should only be me ! Hyejeong whispered angrily.

— We need to go ! Seolhyun followed, taking a usb key out of the computer and then taking the girl’s hand.

Hyejeong shook her hand to let go of Seolhyun’s grip.

— YOU need to go ! The tall girl then said.

— No, you don’t understand, Seolhyun said panicked, we really need to go, NOW ! She said, pulling the girl to the window. Seolhyun then pulled on a rope which was tied to the 8th floor and tied it to her belt, holding Hyejeong tight. 

— Don’t look down. Seolhyun said, remembering the ferris wheel episode.

When the two arrived at the 8th floor they jumped to pass the fence of the balcony. 

 

When the girls entered the apartment Hyejeong’s heart stopped. 

— What the is happening here ? She asked, looking at her supposed friends.

— What is she doing here, Seolhyun ? Choa asked with anger.

— I couldn’t let her alone in there. There was someone else. 

— SHE WASN’T YOUR MISSION ! Choa yelled.

— JUST BECAUSE SHE WASN’T THIS TIME DOESN’T MEAN I HAD TO LET HER GET KILLED OR SOMETHING ELSE ! Seolhyun yelled furiously at the older girl.

— You’ve been way out of the lines these days, Seolhyun, you know how the boss will react. Choa said calmly yet frightening the girl.

— I know. And i don’t give a as long as she’s safe. 

— You’re really in love, aren’t you ? Choa asked with her serious look which gives you goosebumps.

— This is quite obvious.

 

Sure it made hyejeong happy af hearing that, but it didn’t change the fact that she had no clue what was happening here.

 

— Can someone explain me what the f-ck is happening ? Hyejeong asked, stopping the girls’ fight.

— I’m going to tell you the entire story. Seolhyun said, looking at the girls in front of them.

 

Seolhyun and Hyejeong sat on the couch in the living room.

 

— First, we’ve been on this for a very long time. We all have been chosen to become friend with you.

— But- I’ve known Mina since i was three ! How the ?

— Mina’s parents were on the case as well. Actually, all our parents were. It was a huge case.

— What case are you talking about ? 

— You’re dad. You know, you’ve never been able to explain what was his company about. He said it was import-export and things like that. Well… It sure was import-export. But it’s a little bit harsh than you think it is.

—Go straight to the point Seolhyun-ah !

— He’s saling girls. Girls like you, like me. He, well, he doesn’t do it, he hires men to do so. Like in the Taken movies.

— Ok, i’m not feeling well right now ! Hyejeong said, breathing hardly, tears beginning to form. 

Seolhyun tried to hug the girl but she pushed her.

— Don’t ing touch me ! Hyejeong said, angry as . You all used me ? I can’t believe it- I- We slept together ! This is a nightmare.

— Ani Hyejeong… The characters we played were fake, but the feelings were real.

— Stop. Just tell me what happened next.

— We were born to be spies. We were actually all born for that case. You’re not the only one who’s feeling like she was used. Anyway. This is was the year i had to get in the mission. I had to become close to you by moving into your building and everything. The part were i fall in love wasn’t part of the mission… You remember the day i told you i had an appointment for my wisdom teeth and ended up saving you ? It was a mess. I actually had to stay away from you. And you were supposed to be kidnapped by the man to blackmail your dad. I knew what they were going to put you through, all the terrible things they would do to make sure your dad would show up. I just couldn’t stay away so i left the place i was supposed to stay at and ran to you. 

— What about the picture ?

— Like i said, me falling in love with you wasn’t part of the plan and it was barely cottoned by the boss. So… when i messed up my mission, they messed up my life. It was a photoshop actually. 

— But, you were wearing the same clothes and-

— Chanmi is a super geek, right ?

— Chanmi did this ?

— She’s not the kind who’s ready to tell the boss to go f-ck himself. She doesn’t want to have problems.

— So… You did not cheat on me ?

— No.

— I would totally apology if i wasn’t a mission. 

— Come on Hyejeong ! I’m in love with you, i really am. 

— I’m just not sure i can love the real you… 

— No don’t- don’t say this Hyejeong. It was still me all that time. I just lied about my past but what we lived was real.

— I need to be alone.. Hyejeong said, getting up and walking to the doors when she saw the girls running to the door and leaving the room.

— What the- Chanmi ! What’s happening ? Seolhyun yelled, running to the girl.

— He’s here, he’s on the wharf. We need to go.

 

The girl followed the group and turned to see a panicked Hyejeong.

— You can come if you want.

Hyejeong agreed unwillingly.

 

-

 

It had been hard for the girl, seeing her father being arrested, knowing the reasons why.

But the hardest thing to do was leaving. Since she was 17 and her father was in jail, she couldn’t stay there alone so her godmother offered to lodge the girl, this is what godmothers are for, right ? Except she lived in California, luckily Hyejeong’s english was on point.

Leaving her life behind was the hardest thing to do. She wanted to cry so much when she closed her bedroom’s door for the last time. So many memories. She then got into the elevator. A important place for her as well. She was standing there 6 months ago, holding a bag of donuts, wearing her « let’s taco bout it » shirt, seeing Seolhyun’s beautiful smile for the first time. Such a memorable episode of her life, she thought. She had been furious at Seolhyun, she said many mean things to and about her. But she really did love her from the bottom of her heart. She could have forgotten all about what happened but she was leaving anyway so what was the point.

When Hyejeong got out of the building she was surprised to see her friends waiting in front of it, all of them with a sad smile and tears threatening to drop at anytime now. Hyejeong stood there a moment, smiling at them. Such an heartbreaking moment. They had been through a lot of stuff together, they grew up together, Hyejeong couldn’t forget that and it broke her heart leaving them. Saying goodbye was hard. Hardest sh-t ever. But Seolhyun wasn’t there and she didn’t know if it was a good thing or not. She was kind of relieved that the girl wasn’t, it saved her from crying even more, she thought.

— Hyejeong-ah… 

A soft voice could be heard from behind. Hyejeong turned and faced an heartbroken Seolhyun, tears wetting her cheeks. Hyejeong couldn’t stop herself from hugging the shorter girl. It felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest. The driver called Hyejeong and told her to get in the car. Seolhyun walked with her to the car, a tear falling at each step.

6pm, i should go now. Hyejeong said with a hurt face, trying to fake a smile. See you someday. She said while getting in the car. Seolhyun replied with a hurt « See you ! » before the door closed.

 

                                                                                                                       

 

Did you catch the little reference to the elevator famous scene at the very end ? :p

So sad, next chapter is the last one ! 

Today was my first day of senior year so now i wont be able to post that fast for my next fic.

Anyway, see you for the last chapter~ 😘