The new girl

Oh my, I Keep Getting a Heart Attack

New day in school, same feeling. Boredom. It was a huge mess before the teacher came in. Everyone was chatting, half the class was standing on their feet, the other half was sleeping on their desk, and Choa was fantasizing about that guy from the lacrosse team which killed them on their last game. Boys were glued to the girls, which was bothering them, pushing them to breath a little. 

 

The teacher finally came in. Everyone got to their desk and stopped talking, Choa was still fantasizing about that guy sure. The teacher was followed by a beautiful girl wearing a slinky dress which allowed everyone to see her beautiful curves. Hyejeong was on her phone, hidden by a orange binder, when she heard a voice she had already heard not long ago. She looked up and saw a familiar face. It took less than a second for her to recognize the girl she had met the previous night. « Damn, her body’s perfect. » Hyejeong thought and then shook her head « don’t think about that Hyejeong ! » she told herself. « Damn, she waved with her angelic hand. What the f- am i saying ? Do you think she saw me ? Sure she saw me. Wait no, she didn’t. Who am i talking to ? I am crazy.. » The dark haired girl began to talk « My name is Seolhyun » with a weird echo as Hyejeong said the name at the same time as Seolhyun, low enough for only the girls around her to hear. Mina turned to Hyejeong and whispered 

— Do you know her ?  

The other girl responded with a simple yeh not believing who was standing in front of the class. Seolhyun seemed to be as choked as Hyejeong since she looked at her for a few seconds which seemed like forever. The teacher told her to sit where a sit was available, which meant behind Jimin who was behind Hyejeong. The two exchanged a look while the girl made her way to her sit, followed by everybody’s gazes, especially the boys’. 

— Seriously, you’ve got to tell me how you met her dongdongie !

Mina said and once again receiving a yeh as answer by the disturbed girl at her right. Then every one just did what they did. Choa was still looking at her prince charming, Mina and Chanmi talked the entire hour, not giving a f- if the teacher saw them or not, Jimin just slept on her desk, Hyejeong was doing whatever she was doing behind the binder which hid her face, certainly  on her phone, Yuna and Seolhyun were the only one who actually listened to the teacher. By the end of the hour, the girls realized Choa had written a letter to her prince, which was an awful decision. Anyway, when the bell rang the girls jumped to Choa, holding her back for her not to give that letter. Everyone including the guy eventually left, letting the girls alone in the classroom.

 

— Yah ! Are you crazy Park Choa ? Yuna yelled at her.

 You can’t just give him a letter with heart drawn and other stuff like that ! Chanmi followed.

The girls kept talking about that with a silent Seolhyun listening to them, still assembling her stuff. They eventually all left the class to get to their next one. 

 

— So, how did you meet the new girl, dondongie ? Mina asked with a smirk.

 She just moved into my building, 7th floor. Hyejeong responded simply.

 And ..? Mina insisted, wanting to know if anything had happened. Hyejeong then told them the story of how she got into an elevator with the new girl, wearing her « let’s taco bout it » shirt.

 

During one of the interclass, Hyejeong went to her locker alone and walked into the new girl.

 

— Hi Hyejeong, what a surprise, right ? The shorter said with a big smile.

 Yeh.. I didn’t expect you to be in my school. Which is totally dumb cause it’s the closer one to our building. And kinda the only on around here too.. Hyejeong said, avoiding the other girl’s eyes, « damn, those eyes » she thought.

 Anyway, i’m really happy we get to be in the same class, i’m sure we will become friends very quickly. She said, again with her angelic smile. 

— Perhaps. Hyejeong answered. The atmosphere began to be awkward. Seolhyun decided to break the ice.

 You know, i really like your taco shirt, it fits you well ! She said jokingly, sticking out her tongue as the bell rang.  Let’s taco bout it later then !  she said into her ear while living for the next class which made Hyejeong heart race like crazy due to the closeness of Seolhyun’s mouth to her ear. She quickly turned to see the other girl, already far from her. 

— I DONT WANNA TACO BOUT IT ! The taller yelled, standing on tiptoe to see the other girl. 

She heard a « Alright ! » from the girl who was turning into a hallway, throwing her hand in the hair and making a little gesture with it which meant « whatever. »

 

— That girl ! Hyejeong said, a smile on , feeling like an idiot in the middle of the hallway.