Midnight Hunger

Oh my, I Keep Getting a Heart Attack

It was an exhausting day for Hyejeong. Tons of homework, tons of stress, tons of lost games although school had began only a month ago. Last season was amazing for the lacrosse team, they won almost every game. Anyway, this year seemed to be the exact opposite. 0 victory- 5 defeats.

 

When Hyejeong got back from school, she immediately put on her pijamas, which were an oversized green t-shirt with a taco saying « let’s taco bout it » and a grey jogging. 

— Best outfits ever. She said while looking at the mirror. 

The brown haired girl then look at her reflexion with a mischievous grin and  said 

— Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all ?  before bursting out of laugh. I should probably stop saying that every time i watch myself in the mirror..  she said, still laughing.

She then did her homework and everything a teenager does at night. A weird sound came out of her stomach, letting her know she was damn hungry. 

— Whoa ! You’re still hungry ? i’m going to be fat because of you ! she said to her belly, as if it was a real person. How about a donut with some chocolate icing ? her belly groaned. This is not enough ? How about a frappuccino with it ?

 Weirdly, her belly seemed to respond to her questions.

— Great ! Let’s go ! 

 

Hyejeong was used to go get something to eat at the Starbuck beside her apartment. Especially around 9 or 10 pm when there was no one on the street nor in shops, that way she could just go wearing her pijama without no one looking at her. The Starbucks employees, Yura and Hyeri, knew her very well since they were attending the same high school and she often came there at night, always in her pijama. They didn’t bother, they found it actually cool since they were the same age and quite simple. And they would talk about what had happened during the day, there was always something to talk about at Starbucks like an offensive customer, a problem with the ice maker or just school stuff. 

 

As expected, there was no one on the street nor in the Starbuck. Hyejeong bought her donut and her frappuccino, with a « dongdongie » written on it. Everyone liked to call her dongdongie. Well, just her closest friends. Anyway, Hyejeong got out of the cafe and arrived in the hall of her building and walked towards the elevator. She suddenly saw the doors closing so she ran as fast as she could, the frappuccino on the left hand, a bag of donuts on the other plus a donut in , she succeeded in stoping the closing doors with her right hand and got in the elevator, not caring if someone was already there. She then looked up to see a beautiful girl around her age with long dark hair and beautiful dark brown eyes. She stopped moving for a moment which seemed to be forever, embarrassed by the situation. She succeeded in moving and taking the donut holding in with her left hand, god knows how. She swallowed what was in and found the courage to talk to the girl who was smiling at her, amused of her attitude. What a beautiful smile, she thought. 

 

— Uhm.. Are you new here ? i have never seen you.. 

— I am, i just moved in today, i live on 7th floor ! the girl said still smiling.

 I see, that was you all the noise and everything ! I live on 6th floor. Hyejeong said, smiling afterwards, realising she could have been offended with the way she had said it.

Yeh, that was me… 

The two girls stayed silent for a while.

— Do you want a donut ? Hyejeong asked non chalantly, handing the bag full of donuts to the girl.

Sure,i’m starving ! the girl said, taking a pink icing donut. I’m Seolhyun by the way ! the girl said with an angelic smile.

 Hyejeong.  the other replied. 6th floor, i should go now. see you someday !  Hyejeong said while walking through the elevator’s door. Seolhyun replied with a cute « See you ! » before the doors closed. 

 

Damn, what an embarrassing moment for Hyejeong, most embarrassing in her entire life. She didn’t think someone would ever take the elevator while she was having her little moment with her food. She got into her room and jump on her bed, watching the ceiling of her room, she took a sip of  her frappuccino and a bit of the donut she was eating before meeting the beautiful girl. 

— She was really pretty… at least my clothing was on point ! Ani, this looks terrible ! Damn ! She then groaned and shaked every limb of her body in frustration. 

— Let’s not think about this, let’s just eat and sleep.