Chapter 3 [That Jerks]

It's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did he really not remember me?” I ask myself. Reality swept in, washed away the memory about him when Jae come and look me with his curiosity eyes again.

“Tell me Nyoung, do you know that redhead? He is our senior and one year older than us. You look at him like you have known him” Jae asks me about that jerk when our lunch time is over. He pulls his chair close to me and locks his eyes with me.

“He never gives up” I sigh before answering.

“I don’t know, but he the guy who save me” I tell him. I shut my eyes before sigh again. “But I think he not remember me thought. He doesn’t give me single glance” something piercing rattles in my heart when I remember back that he doesn’t remember me. Now Jae got back to his feet and actually standing even closer to me and folded his arms. Right now his eyes not show curiosity anymore but his face show smirking that make me annoyance.

“Why?? Something is wrong?” I ask with annoyance, not caring that it sounds harsh. But his face still has the smirking. “Do you like him?” his question really make stunned. I can feel heat rose from my face.

“What the hell are you asking me Jae” I’m not sure whether I like that vampire or not but I don’t understand why I feel something not right when the redhead not remember me. Jae let out slight laugh before pat my back.

“I think you have falling in love buddy” his smirking is gone and replaced with warm smile. I just ignore his talk and buried my face on the table. I don’t want him to look at me right now. I don’t say yes or no but I think his right. Whenever I think about him, my heart will beat like crazy. But he is vampire. Why it must be vampire that I fall in love with.

“Shut up Jae” right now his laughing become louder, but it stops immediately when teacher is coming. But I still can hear he whisper something that make me remember my terrible memory with vampire and how much Jae hate them because of me.

“But I hope it’s not true, I hate what vampire has done to you Nyoung” his line of voice show that he still can’t accept what happen to me back then. He settled himself on chair and look at the teacher in front. I really wanted to tell him that what happen between me and vampire is gone, and it just a memory, I don’t want him to hate vampire because of me but the phrases is stuck in my head. I cannot speak it loud because Jae saw everything. Jae saw how my conditions that day, the day that make me want to kill myself. That day it ended with me staring blankly without get nothing in class because my mind is full what Jae said.

“It’s my fault he hate vampire so much”

The next day after dinner, my mother told me to buy something at the grocery store, so I had to go out on a cold night. That cold night is filled with the light of the bright moon across the sky. I wear a white t shirt with a black leather jacket cover my upper body and skinny blue jeans wrapped my long legs. I also wear a cap to hinder vampire from see my face. After shopping at the store, I go out and headed back home but my eyes caught him, at the café across the road. He happily chats with his friend. I saw him chatting with the soft voice guy and the other one that I don’t know.

“I want to see him. I want to say thank you for that night, I hope he remember me”

I turn my whole body before walk toward him. I can feel my heart beating like it gonna explode. I squeezed my hand to. I can feel sweat on my hand.

“Calm down Park jinyong, you just wanted to say thank you, not to ask him with you!” I cursed myself.

When I arrive in front of them, I greet and smile to them. The two other guys also smile except Mark. He doesn’t even look at me. “You’re senior in our school right, my name is Bam Bam” that soft voice introduced himself. The other guys also introduced himself as Yugyeom. He also have a half moon tattoo on his hand. Both of them look at me like they know me.

“Yes, Mine is Park Jinyoung” I introduced myself. My move locks when Mark right now looking at me with gaze I don’t understand.

“What do you want” he asks with cold voices. Eyes still locks with me. In sudden I feel nervous control my body. No blink, no movements from me until Bam Bam pulled my hand and make me come back to reality.

“Aa--.. I’m sorry.” I muttered in low voices. “I just wanna to say thank you because you save me from that vampire that night” I continued with my eyes look on our feet. He didn’t say anything until I hear small sigh that make me looked up. My body struggled from look straight at his eyes. His eyes make me think he can looked through me.

“What do you mean by I save you?” his phrases really stuck my heart. “It’s not my attention to save you, human. I just want to save that stupid vampire from your blood. If they kill you it's mean that they kill themselves with human stupid law”

My mind is blank, try to digest what he said to me. Exhaling a deep breath I relaxed with my eyes still looking at him with tears will come soon. The other two guys also look at Mark blankly.

“What the hell you say mark hyung” Yugyeom try to explain and cheer me up but Mark cut him.

“I tell the truth Yeom, I don’t have reason why I should save this weak human, and it does not give me anything” I heard Bam Bam groaned next to him and worried about Mark throwing another thing, but I don't care anything at that time.

I just don’t know what to say. My lips tremble. A couple of tears trickled out, slipping down my cheeks, then failing on the floor. My lips trembled even more and my chest lurched with stifled sob. Then I stepped backward and bowed before I wipe my tears. There are couples of people who looking at our scene right now, but I don't care.

“I’m sorry, I’m really really sorry because I’m stupid enough to believe that you wanted to save me and not that vampire" I said with cracking voice. I feel like stupid for crying like this, but I don't know how Mark can make me like this. "And thank you because you give me strength to talk to vampire like you” I shot back again with hiccup followed my voice before headed back home. I leave that place with more tears escaped from my eyes. I wipe my soaking eyes with my hand. My sobbing is louder when I got home. I put the bag plastic that has I hold from the grocery store on the table and headed into the room. Mom try to ask what happen but I said it’s nothing and lock myself in the room.

"How can I believe he want to save me" I groaned while my head is bumped on the pillow. I heard mom is calling me but I just ignored it. I don't want to talk with anyone right now. My stifled sobs slowly faded into hitched breath and eventually I fell asleep. The next morning my phone is filled with 30 miscall from Jae. I think mom call him and tell him about what happen to me. I know this morning Jae will definitely kill me because not answer his call and mom will ask me what happen. I just sigh before headed to bathroom prepare myself for school.

"This morning will gonna be hard"

I grumbled When I go for breakfast this morning, Mom keep asking me what happen last night, but I just ignore It and give an excuse that I nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter