Six - Fight fire with fire

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Son Dongwoon#
 
I open my eyes slowly, feeling warm by the presence of someone in my hug. Eora is still sleeping, facing me with her back while my right arm wraps her waist.
 
I sit up and admire the sleeping beauty. I lean closer to her and kiss her hair, "I'm glad it's not a dream..."
 
 
 
 
--- Flashback : last night ---
 
My head was aching real bad but I recognized that I was not in my own room. Eora was sitting right next to me while I was on a bed.
 
"Where am I?" I asked her, rubbing my temple slowly. Looked like the rum knocked me down for a while.
 
"My house. You ate a rum cake and-" Eora stopped all of a sudden. I turned to look at her just to find her blushing madly.
 
I was drunk because of the rum cake but I still remembered what happened though it's not vivid. I could feel the warmth on my lips a while after the taste of the cake.
 
"And what?" I asked her, waiting for her to tell me by herself. Was it true that I actually kissed her?
 
"N-N-Nothing," she stammered and I couldn't help myself to be more attracted to her. "Here, drink your water. You-"
 
"I remember something. I felt like I could jump over the moon...," I caressed her cheek gently. I trailed my thumb to her lips, "Is it because of these lips?"
 
I knew she was going to reply me but I closed the gap between us with a kiss. I lifted her chin with my fingers so I could deepen the kiss for seconds.
 
Butterfly were dancing in my stomach even after I broke the kiss. She must had no idea what kind of feeling I had at the moment.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" she quickly stood up with burning face but I pulled her until she fell on top of me. Once again our faces were only inches away but I knew I must held the temptation to kiss her again this time.
 
"Stay," I her hair with my fingers. I couldn't say another word anymore because nothing could make me happier than having Eora in my hug.
 
I turned around so she could rest her head on the pillow with her back facing me. I wrapped her waist with my arm and buried my face in her hair, inhaling her scent, "Stay..."
 
The rum still took away my senses. I slowly fell in deep slumber, knowing that I would have a sweet dream with her in my hug.
 
--- Flashback : end ---
 
 
 
I never planned to confess to her. I never thought about telling her about how special she is for me. I never considered about doing such a bold action towards her too.
 
Eora might think of me only as her junior but she is never only a senior for me.
 
Her words of encouragement are the reason why I stay as a pianist. Her smile is the reason why I always come to her cafe.
 
I fell in love with Eora even before I realized it.
 
I want to protect her. I want to protect her precious smile. I know that I don't look like the one who cares about her the most but I will never hurt her.
 
"Eora...," I whisper her name despite knowing that she is sleeping.
 
"Saranghae."
 
 
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
It's Sunday and I know that "Sweetest Queen" will open late than usual but it's almost noon and there is no sign that it's opened already.
 
Does she really close her cafe for real?
 
No. Su Eora is not that easy to knock down.
 
Come to think of it, what did she do after I left her? It's impossible for her to carry Dongwoon around, right? Did something else happen after I left her? Perhaps I shouldn't have let her be alone with him...
 
Aish, Cho Kyuhyun, what are you thinking?! Su Eora is not your concern at all!
 
I walk to my office room at "Dream Kingdom" and open a drawer. I take out the pink diary from inside and open the first page to see the child's handwriting on it.
 
It's Eora's diary, the one she gave to me before I went to New York. I flip page by page until I reach the last page.
 
The feeling of jealousy and anger surface again after I read it.
 
"Su Eora," I close the diary and put it back inside the drawer again, "if I can, I don't want to see you again."
 
I heave a sigh and sit on the chair. Though I have told myself that I don't need to care about her, the scene of her and Dongwoon shared a kiss flash again in my mind.
 
"Why can you just leave me in peace?" I complaint to no one. "You can't fall in love with that guy, right?"
 
I walk to the window and stare at the still unopened "Sweetest Queen". The uneasy feeling strikes me once again.
 
Dongwoon is her junior, isn't he? She can't fall for someone who is younger than her... right?
 
 
#Su Eora#
 
I rub my eyes as I recall that I had a really weird dream last night. I dreamt that Dongwoon kissed me and asked me to stay.
 
"You're awake."
 
This voice...
 
I turn around and my face is only inches away from Dongwoon's face. His right hand is wrapping my waist and we are on the same bed.
 
"HUAH!" I quickly shift farther from her, pulling the blanket along with me. "W-W-What are you doing in my room?! W-W-What happened?!"
 
"I was the one who drunk but you're the one who forgot about everything?" Dongwoon looks at me with confused expression. "Don't you remember anything about last night?"
 
"Me. You...," he crawls closer to me and he cups my cheek. "Kiss."
 
My face burns by embarassment. It's not a dream!
 
"S-S-Stop teasing me!" I quickly get up from the bed, stepping away from him. "Since when did you become this ert?!"
 
"ert?" he raises his eyebrow. "Since when kissing someone I love is counted as a ert act?"
 
"Yah, since when did you lo-" I pause when I realize what Dongwoon just said: did he just say that he love me?
 
"Do you need me to repeat it?" Dongwoon stands up and makes his way to me. I step backwards until my back meets the wall. Dongwoon traps me between his arms, "Or do you want me to prove it with action?"
 
"YAH!" I try to push him away. "I'm older than you! Stop teasing me!"
 
I storm out from my room and shout to him, "You can return to your house now!"
 
Without even bothering to wash my face first, I head to the front door and open it so Dongwoon can get out from my house as soon as possible.
 
For my surprise someone is already waiting for me at the door.
 
"It's noon and you just woke up?" he mocks with a smirk on his face.
 
He is indeed the last person I want to meet right now.
 
 
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
"Is this the one?" I murmur to myself as I stop in front of a house. I check the small note once again before getting ready to knock the door.
 
I met Hyunmi in front of "Sweetest Queen". Using my smile, I asked her about Eora's address and she gave it to me right away. I left "Dream Kingdom" for a while.
 
I'm just curious. I don't have another reason to check her condition or else. It's pure curiosity.
 
Before I can knock the door, Eora has opened the door from inside. Her eyes widen in surprise when she sees me. I recognize her outfit is the same with the one she wore when I met her yesterday.
 
"It's noon and you just woke up?" the words go out automatically. "Planning to give up on your cafe already?"
 
"I-" Eora doesn't manage to counter my attack because Dongwoon just appeared from nowhere, still in his yesterday's outfit as well.
 
Our eyes meet and I use all my will to control my expression; what is he doing here?!
 
"I'll leave after he leave," he says as he walks closer to Eora. "What is he doing here?"
 
"That's my line," I scoff and glare at her. "Who do you think you are? You're not even her boyfriend."
 
Dongwoon places his arms casually on Eora's shoulder, "What if I say I'm her boyfriend?"
 
"Yah! Dongwoon! Don't-" Eora turns to face Dongwoon but her words are cut by a kiss.
 
He kisses Eora in front of me. I'm pretty sure that he does it on purpose.
 
I clench my fists tight, feeling anger is taking over me. I really want to punch him once again but I know Eora will be really mad at me if I do it.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" Eora breaks the kiss with blushing cheeks. "What are you? Devil Kisser?!"
 
"Yah, Su Eora," I pull her by her wrist, drawing distance between her and Dongwoon. "Let's have a competition."
 
I glance at Dongwoon, "Let's have a baking contest. The one who loses will grant the winner's wish."
 
"What?" Eora retorts with disbelief tone. "What's with the sudden challenge?"
 
"Details later," I let go of her hand. "I'm leaving now so you better leave too, Son Dongwoon."
 
I'm not going to play around this time. If Dongwoon is trying to challenge me, then I will take it.
 
I will fight fire with fire.
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Fight fire with fire" is a phrase which means "Respond to an attack by using a similar method as one's attacker".