Eleven - Silence gives consent

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Son Dongwoon#
 
I push open the door and find at least a dozen customers inside of the cafe. I close the door behind me, trying to find Eora at somewhere in the cafe.
 
"Ah, welcome!" Hyunmi greets me cheerfully. She is carrying a tray of plates. "Eora is in the kitchen if you're looking for her."
 
I give her a slight nod and head to the kitchen. My eyes widen in surprise when I see the person next to her, helping her with the cake carefully. He takes an empty plate and slices the cake with the knife.
 
What is he doing here?
 
Eora notice someone else's presence in the kitchen and turns to look at me. She puts down her knife, "Dongwoon?"
 
Kyuhyun also stops working and glances at me. After two seconds, he returns his gaze to the cake and continues working with the knife, ignoring my presence.
 
"What is he doing here?" I bluntly ask to Eora; I don't care if he can hear me. I'm obviously not alright with him in the kitchen. I mean, he is her rival, isn't he?
 
"Ah, he is helping me with mille-feuille. You know, the one he bake at the contest," Eora answers me with a grin. "Customers want to have a taste so I ask his help."
 
Only two days and something has changed drastically between Eora and Kyuhyun? Now I really want to know what kind of conversation they had after the contest.
 
I look at Eora and then at Kyuhyun. He has finished with the cake when he turns around to face me with a smirk, "What? You can't help her with it, can you?"
 
This man surely has something in mind. He walks to me and pats my shoulder twice, whispering something to my ear, "See you, ju-ni-or."
 
My anger boils inside but luckily he has walked out from the kitchen, serving the customers with his angelic fake smile to have the beautiful cake. Is it even possible that evil person can create such a elegant cake?
 
"What did he say to you?" I frown, giving a really serious expression. "Since when did you become so welcoming to him?"
 
"Since when did I not?" Eora raises her eyebrow. "Dongwoon, everyone deserves a second chance. He is just trying to be nice."
 
"With a reason," I add firmly. I caress her cheek gently, murmuring vividly, "Don't tell me you're falling for him..."
 
I was hoping that she would deny it as usual.
 
But she doesn't.
 
Her cheeks turn into pink shades and she quickly takes step backwards, mumbling loudly, "I-I need to check the customers. Excuse me."
 
There is definitely something happened between them. Something that makes me feel even more worried now.
 
 
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
"Thank you," I bow to the last customer with a smile. She giggles with her friend, smiling to me. I close the door and my smile disappears.
 
Somehow it's tiring to keep smiling when I don't feel like one. But, well, my mood is not really bad today so I think a little bit service will do something good.
 
"Thank you," Hyunmi mumbles when I put down the tray on the table. "You even closed your cafe for a day to help Eora here."
 
"I lost to her," I retort, cleaning the table from the plates. "Besides I think it's good for both of us so I don't have any complaint."
 
What I said is partly right. With my help, customers will know that mille-feuille cake belongs to my cafe but they also can try Eora's cakes. Everyone is happy, I guess.
 
Besides I think I must make an amend to her after the understanding between us.
 
 
 
--- Flashback : 2 days ago ---
 
When Eora turned around, ready to leave me, my body moved even before I could think. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug. I inhaled her sweet scent and whispered, "I'm sorry."
 
I felt like a fool after she explained everything to me. Why didn't I try to listen to her before? Why did I act so cold towards her when it's not her fault at all?
 
I should had thought that she would never acted that way. Eora had never changed; she was a loyal and respectful person. I believed in others' words rather than what I knew.
 
"Y-Yah, Kyuhyun," Eora tried to struggle from my hug. "It's alright. Don't worry. It's not like I'm going to sue you. I-"
 
"The kiss he gave to you...," I lifted up her chin with my finger, "...did you want it?"
 
"E-Eh?" she stammered again. I found it's quite cute now that the misunderstanding had been cleared. Why did I just realize it now? "Y-Yah, I told you I don't love him. I-"
 
I didn't know what's gotten into me but the next second I knew, our lips were locked. I shut her with a kiss, feeling that it's the only way to get even with Dongwoon.
 
"Then...," I broke the kiss, "...do you still love me?"
 
--- Flashback : end ---
 
 
 
"Yah, Dongwoon, I still have work to do!" Eora's sound returns me to my senses. I turn to see Dongwoon is pulling her out from the kitchen. "I said later!"
 
What is he trying to do again?
 
 
#Su Eora#
 
"Are you free tonight?" Dongwoon suddenly asks me when I'm washing the dishes alone. The cafe should have been closed now.
 
"Maybe," I answer without looking at him. "Why?"
 
"There is a place I want you to come with me," he answers with his usual monotone
 
I turn off the faucet and grab the edge of the wastafel. I take a deep breath before turning to look at him, "Dongwoon, if you want to say something to me, you can say it here."
 
He frowns and steps closer to me, "What happened between you and Kyuhyun?"
 
I can feel heat creeps to my cheeks even though I try to prevent it. I still can feel the warm feeling of Kyuhyun's lips on mine.
 
 
 
--- Flashback : 2 days ago ---
 
"Then...," Kyuhyun broke the kiss, still leaning dangerously close to me, "...do you still love me?"
 
My heart was beating uncontrollably, both because of his sudden kiss and our close distance. I was completely speechless, "I-I-I..."
 
What should I say to him?!
 
"Silence gives consent," he smirked and let go of my face. "I think you still do."
 
"Yah!" I bit my bottom lip nervously. Where did the confidence come from?! "Don't jump into your own conclusions!"
 
Kyuhyun tilted his head and whispered something to my ear, making me shiver because of his hot breath, "I still have your diary. I remember every promise you made."
 
--- Flashback : end ---
 
 
 
Dongwoon suddenly cups my cheeks, looking directly into my eyes, "Tell me once again that you will not fall for him."
 
"Yah, fine, fine. I'll go with you later. Let me finish my wor-" I want to avoid skinskip with him but looks like he has different idea with me.
 
Dongwoon cage me between his arms. He kisses my ear with his cold lips and whispers, "Noona..."
 
My mind goes blank because of the word from him. He never called me 'noona' before. Now that he suddenly called me with that name, my heartbeat goes wild.
 
Before I can even settle myself, he grabs my wrist and pulls me out from the kitchen. I try to stop but my strength is no match with him, "Yah, Dongwoon, I still have work to do! I said later!"
 
"Let her go," Kyuhyun interferes but Dongwoon tightens his grip on me. "You're hurting her."
 
"And who are you to tell me what to do?" Dongwoon retorts coldly, pulling me a step closer to him. "You're not my boss."
 
Kyuhyun opens his mouth, ready to counter attack Dongwoon but I sigh and then pull my hand away from Dongwoon, "Yah!"
 
I put my hands on my hips, giving both of them deadly glares, "Will you two stop arguing as if I'm not listening? I'm not invinsible, people!"
 
They look at me as if I just said something non sense. I clasp my hands together and finally decide something which has crossed my mind since yesterday.
 
"Let's go somewhere together. Yes, together. Three of us."
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Silence gives consent" is a phrase which means " If you don't object to something it can be assumed that you agree with it".