Fourteen - Better late than never

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
I yawn and grab my towel, heading to the bathroom. Dongwoon is still sleeping even though it's already six in the morning.
 
Eora told me that this morning I must help her with cakes to be prepared before we leave the inn this evening. She made me work the whole night yesterday and she still wants me to work again with her today.
 
If it's not because of my hobby, I don't think I would wake up this early just to help her, even though I have feeling for her. I'm just not the romantic type guy, I guess.
 
I walk down the stairs, heading to the kitchen where I worked yesterday. Eora is already in the kitchen, wearing the white apron, checking the ingredients we will use today.
 
"Ah, good morning," she greets me with a bright smile that makes me feel a tug in my heart. Why does she need to be this dazzling in the morning?
 
"I'm thinking about making a roll today," she exclaims with wide smile. "And perhaps black forest since Dongwoon really like it. What do you think?"
 
When she mentions Dongwoon's name, an uneasy feeling strikes. I tap my fingers on the table, thinking about the words I shall say to her, "Yah, Eora, do you like Dongwoon?"
 
Eora tilts her head with confusion, pouting her lips cutely, "Haven't I told you the answer before, Kyuhyun?"
 
"Yeah, you have. Then let me change my question," I stop tapping my fingers and look at her directly. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
 
This time she must be not prepared with my sudden confession. Even I don't plan to come up with it actually; it's just crossed my mind all of a sudden.
 
"E-Eh?" she stammers an her cheeks turn into pink shades. "W-What are you... Yah, it's not a funny joke..."
 
"Why did you ask me to come? Why did you ask both of us to come when you know we are on the same boat?" I ask her bluntly. "There is something you want to do, isn't it?"
 
Eora her lips nervously and looks away, avoiding my gaze. I approach her and cup her cheeks so she can't avoid my gaze again, "Do you still keep your promise? That you will never love another man except me?"
 
I know it's really ridiculous. It's a childish promise and I can't hope that she will keep it; everyone made silly promise as kids and they forget it easily.
 
Especially when it comes to love.
 
We're just kids that time. How can I expect her to keep loving someone that she didn't even know love her secretly?
 
"I never...," she murmurs nervously, trying to push me away slightly. "I never break a promise..."
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear her words. I let go of her cheeks and lift her chin gently, wiping her bottom lip with my thumb, "Let me ask you once again, Su Eora, do you want to be my girlfriend?"
 
She clutches on my shirt, still giving me silence as her answer. I smirk and whisper, " I think I've told you before. Silence gives consent, Eora."
 
"I'll take that as a yes."
 
I kiss her lips gently, wrapping her waist with my arm to deepen the kiss. She doesn't push me away and kisses me back slightly but sure.
 
She decides to break the kiss when both of us are running out of air. I kiss her cheek, causing her to flinch a little.
 
"I guess better late than never."
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Better late than never" is a phrase which means "It's better to do something, even if it's late,  than not do it at all".