Fifteen - Facts speak louder than words

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Su Eora#
 
"I want Dream Roll!" a girl exclaims, jumping on her stand with excitement. She shows me coins on her hand, "I want to give Amma a birthday cake!"
 
Actually her money is not enough to buy the cake and Hyunmi looks confused. I smile and take a new Dream Roll and put it in a box, wrapping it carefully before handing it to her, "This is for you. Send my 'happy birthday' greeting to your mother."
 
Her face beams and she smiles brightly, "Thank you, Unnie! Saranghae!"
 
"Ah, Eora, you are really good with kids!" Hyunmi sighs in relief after the little kid goes away. "I wonder if I can be a good mother someday if I'm still at this state."
 
"Don't worry," I grin, ready to again. "Dongwoon knows how to take care of children, you know."
 
"Eora!" Hyunmi squeals and hits me lightly, blushing obviously. I laugh and stick out my tongue playfully before I return to serve another customer.
 
The bell jingles, a sign that a customer just steps inside. I turn to find my most loyal customer in his black suit and gray tie. As usual, there is no expression on his face.
 
"You know where to go," I smile to him and he just gives me a glance before taking a turn to meet Hyunmi. I look at them as he pats her head with a smile on his lips now.
 
Four years have passed since the day Kyuhyun asked me to be his girlfriend. I still remember every detail of the moment; I was so nervous that I couldn't say a word to him.
 
He didn't wait for my answer and just kissed me, shutting me up. Everything didn't go according to my plan but I guess the Goddess of Fortune has her own rules in playing the game of life.
 
It's true that I wanted to settle everything between me, Kyuhyun, and Dongwoon. I knew that things would be easy if I needed to talk with Dongwoon but I never imagined that Kyuhyun would confess to me.
 
I admitted to myself that I still had a feeling for Kyuhyun. He's the reason why I wanted to become a patissier. He's the reason why I started a cafe. He's the reason why my heart beat rapidly.
 
My life went on normally. I ran my cafe with Kyuhyun's help. We combined our cafe and created "Sweetest Kingdom". We hired more staffs and both of us are the main patissiers for the cafe.
 
Six months after that, Dongwoon asked me a question that I never thought would come from him; he asked me what kind of present that Hyunmi liked.
 
Around two months after that, I found out that they're dating. It's a good thing since both of them look really good together.
 
In fact they're going to be married next month. I'm a happy senior, right?
 
"Thank you for coming!" I bow to the last customer today. The man bows politely to me as the return before leaving through the door.
 
"Don't you think it's a little bit too much?" a familiar voice sounds annoyed. "He might think that you're flirting with him."
 
I turn around with my hands on hips, facing the usual nagging Cho Kyuhyun, "Can you stop being so overprotective? I always give my best service for customers."
 
"Can I jealous because my wife is being super sweet to another man?" he takes off his white apron and covers my face with it, causing me to be blind for a moment.
 
"Yah, what are you-" I try to get off the apron from my face and scold him but he is faster in action than me.
 
He kisses my lips gently, stopping me from getting mad at him. I close my eyes to enjoy the kiss, feeling that I can fly if it's possible.
 
Six months ago after going through detail planning, I'm officially married to Cho Kyuhyun.
 
We made our own wedding cake even though my parents were against the idea. Which bride made her own wedding cake for her wedding party?
 
"The cafe is closed so I'm free to kiss my partner, right?" Kyuhyun smirks before giving a quick kiss on my cheek.
 
"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun!" I pretend to be mad and chase him to the kitchen. "You better finish all dishes today or I will-"
 
Kyuhyun traps me between his arms, making my back to meet the cold wall. He leans dangerously close to me, "Or you will what? You're threatening me as if I'm your arch-enemy, Mrs Cho."
 
"You are my arch-enemy," I pinch his cheeks as my revenge. "You're my only rival as patissiere in this cafe."
 
"But I'm also your first love," he takes my hand, stopping me from pinching him, "and also your last."
 
Once again he kisses me, letting me to be drunk with his love. No, he rarely said that he loves me but then...
 
...fact speak louder than words, right?
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Fact speak louder than words" is a phrase which means "People show what they are really like by what they do, rather than by what they say".