Five - Over the moon

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Su Eora#
 
"Eora, it's delicious!" Hyunmi exclaims with excitement. "Looks like they add something to their opera cake! The coffee tastes wonderful."
 
I throw a glare at her, causing her to purse her lips and eat the cake in silence. I return my gaze to my work, feeling uncomfortable with the current situation.
 
Even though Dongwoon has tried to encourage me to think positive, it's quite difficult when you have no customer in your cafe, isn't it?
 
Not to mention that Hyunmi even went to "Dream Kingdom" to buy the cake. I can't blame her since I'm actually wondering about the taste as well.
 
I tasted it. And it tasted wonderful.
 
The combination of the sponge cake soaked in coffee syrup, layered with ganache and coffee buttercream, plus the chocolate glaze covering it is indeed addicting even for me who prefers sweet than coffee-taste.
 
"Dream Kingdom" is not a joke. Kyuhyun is going to beat me even after the promotion. Their cakes are great and made from expensive ingredients; I know it.
 
The bell jingles and I don't even bother to check the customer. There is only one customer who will come to this cafe now.
 
"Prepare the black forest, Hyunmi," I finally turn to Hyunmi, asking her to prepare Dongwoon's favorite cake. "You know the table, Dong-"
 
I immediately stop talking when I see the person right in front of me. He looks at me with a genuine smile; a fake one of course.
 
"Good day, Eora, Hyunmi," Kyuhyun greets us. "Ah, looks like a delicious cake you have there, Hyunmi."
 
"What are you doing here?" I glare at him, feeling annoyed already. I still remember his words about telling me to close my cafe because I will never win from his. "Go and take care of your own cafe."
 
"Ah, that hurts, Eora," Kyuhyun acts as if he is hurt by me. A sad smile is formed on his face, "I just come by to give my new cake."
 
He put a plain white box of cake on the table, "We just made it yesterday and I think it will be appropriate if you give it a try first. Don't worry. It's not poisonous, Eora."
 
Hyunmi is beamed but I quickly take the box away before she can reach it, "I don't know what you're thinking right now but I don't need your pity, Kyuhyun."
 
"I'm your first love, right?" he gives me a really bright smile. "Consider it as a gift from your first love, okay?"
 
He bows slightly to us and then steps out from my cafe, leaving me dumbfounded by his statement. Hyunmi turns to me, "First love?"
 
"Aish!" I groan and walk to the kitchen. I put the box and leave it; I don't feel to eat any sweets at the moment. Thanks to that evil person.
 
He has a smile of an angel but his heart is unpredictable.
 
My first love? He looks more like my arch enemy now.
 
 
#Son Dongwoon#
 
I check my wristwatch and realize that I'm late to visit Eora. I was too busy preparing for my upcoming album that I forgot about the time.
 
"We're closed," Eora greets me with monotone when I push open the door. She is sweeping the floor with gloomy expression, "I close earlier today."
 
I turn around and look at the cafe across from my stand. "Dream Kingdom" is still as crowded as before. I think it's getting more customers actually.
 
"Give up already?" I close the door and approach her. "Do something that he can do. Do something new."
 
"You mean a new recipe?" Eora stops sweeping and looks up at me. She rests her chin on the broom stick, "I can't even think of one right now."
 
"Then try," I take the broom from her, putting it away. "I'll be the first to try."
 
Eora tilts her head, standing on her place and not moving even for an inch. I look back at her, "What?"
 
She quickly shakes her head and takes the broom again, "Nothing. I'll try at the kitchen after I finish with the floor."
 
I watch her sweep the floor in silence. Once in a while she glances at me but avoids my gaze as quick as possible. If my eyes don't deceive me, there are shades of pink on her cheeks.
 
Feeling amused by her reaction, I try my best to hide my smile. I straighten my body and finally walk to the kitchen by myself, keep reminding myself about how cute Eora is.
 
My attentions is caught by a box of cake on the table. It's a plain white box and it looks new. I open it due to my curiosity to find a fruit cake inside.
 
Is it a new cake?
 
I take a knife and slice it. It looks really delicious so I decide to take a big bite of it, feeling the taste of the new cake.
 
When I almost finish with it, I finally realize that it's not an ordinary fruit cake. It's not Eora's cake; this cake contains rum.
 
I step backwards and feel dizzy all of a sudden. I'm never good with alcohol and Eora knows it well. She never makes one with rum because she wants kids to enjoy the cakes as well.
 
My cheeks start to burn and my vision becomes blurry.
 
 
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
"Take care of the rest," I say to one of the staffs. "I'll be back in ten minutes."
 
I leave my cafe and head to "Sweetest Queen". The 'closed' sign is hanged on the door but I ignore it and push open the door; Eora never locked it unless she has returned to her house.
 
"What are you doing here?" Eora hisses with annoyance. "Can you just take care of your own cafe?!"
 
I smirk, looking at her with the broom, "Why are you cleaning an empty cafe? Why don't you just close it and I will hire you as my patissier."
 
It's not a joke. As much as I act cold towards her, I must admit that her skill as a patissier is an extra ordinary one. She is so much better than the patissiers I have now.
 
"In your dream, Kyuhyun," she scoffs and walks away, heading to the kitchen. "Look, you can have your cake back. I don't want to-"
 
When she stops talking, I quickly rush to her. I'm curious about why she stops all of a sudden. Her eyes widen in surprise at the scene in front of her.
 
"Yah!" Eora fastens her pace, approaching Dongwoon who is leaning against the wall. His face is really red and he is rubbing his temple, "Yah! What happened?!"
 
My eyes scan around the kitchen and find the opened box, revealing the rum cake I gave to Eora this evening. I return my gaze to Dongwoon, "He can't handle alcohol?"
 
It's actually a rum cake with fruits on top of it. The dried fuit is soaked in rum and I added excessive amount of rum into it to have a new taste.
 
"Eh?" Eora responds to my question but she doesn't manage to answer me because the drunk Dongwoon has lost his mind for sure.
 
He cups her face and crashes his lips on hers.
 
Eora tries to push him away but ends up with vain; Dongwoon is too strong for her.
 
I freeze on my stand before I mentally slap myself in mind and rush to them. I pull Eora away from Dongwoon, "Quit it."
 
He frowns as if he wants to take a good look at who just interrupted his moment with Eora. Dongwoon raises his hand to land a punch on me but my instinct works faster than my brain.
 
I avoid his punch and I punch him on his face, causing him to fall onto the floor. Eora gasps, "Dongwoon!"
 
"Yah! You don't need to punch him!" she scolds me, glaring at me. "Aish! He is unconscious now. Look what you've done!"
 
What is wrong with this girl? I just helped her and that's her way to thank me?
 
"If you're more comfortable with him kissing you, I probably should have left you," I mutter coldly. "You never changed, Su Eora."
 
"Eh?" Eora turns to me but I already left the kitchen.
 
My heart is clenching as I remember the kiss. Why should I witness the kiss?
 
On top of it, why do I feel jealous?
 
 
#Su Eora#
 
"Aigoo, why are you so heavy?" I grumble and look at Dongwoon's face. "You are so going to owe me after this."
 
With Hyunmi's help, I managed to bring Dongwoon to my house. I let him to sleep on my bed since I don't know where he lives; he is always the one who walks me back home.
 
Hyunmi returned to her house after helping me to prepare stuff so I could aid his bruise. It looks really hurt. Kyuhyun punched him real hard, didn't he?
 
I sit at the edge of my bed, aiding his bruise carefully. I stop when my eyes stop on his lips.
 
Heat creeps on my cheeks when I remember his kiss. I know that he was drunk but it was...
 
"Yah, Eora, he is your junior!" I murmur vividly to myself. "What are you thinking?!"
 
I take a quick shower before go to the kitchen to check what food I have for dinner. I eat a bowl ramen and return to my room with a glass of water; Dongwoon will need one when he wake up.
 
Since I don't known whether he will wake up soon or not, I grab a recipe book and sit on a chair I put next to the bed.
 
Thirty minutes have passed when Dongwoon finally moves. I close the book and put it next to the glass, "Ah, you're awake."
 
He rubs his temple and mumbles, "Where am I?"
 
"My house," I answer calmly. "You ate a rum cake and-"
 
Wait. How can I tell him that he accidentally kissed me when he was drunk?
 
Dongwoon sits up and stares at me deeply, "And what?"
 
"N-N-Nothing," I reply. Why am I stammering?! "Here, drink your water. You-"
 
"I remember something," he suddenly blurts out. He touches my cheek gently, "I felt like I could jump over the moon..."
 
"Is it because of these lips?" he touches my lips with his thumb.
 
Dongwoon doesn't give me any chance to answer him because, this time when he is conscious, my lips are sealed by him.
 
With a gentle kiss.
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Over the moon" is a phrase which means "Very happy or delighted".