Chapter 8

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

After classes, I was arranging my things in my locker when my four friends arrived.

“Seol, let’s hangout!”Yohan enthusiastically said.

I gave him a weird look. “Why are you so jumpy? Anyway, sorry, I can’t. I have plans.”

“Plans?”Raim suspiciously asked. They know me too well. I’m not really an out-going person so I like staying at home most of the time studying, reading, or just slacking around. I just go out when they want to hangout. That’s why they’re giving me suspicious looks, especially Raim. How I could possibly have plans, she probably thinks. Before I could give an excuse, the seven boys arrived.

 

“Hey guys, we were thinking of getting to know more of each other…so want tohangout with us?”Sungjong asked.

L put his arm on my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. “Sorry, we’ll pass. We have other plans.”

My friends’ faces turned from suspicious to mischievous. I really have weird friends. The last time I checked, they disapprove of L but now, are they shipping us?

“Y-yeah…sorry, we’ll join you guys next time. You guys, enjoy.” I awkwardly smiled.

“You two, too, enjoy.”Gayoung winked as they all walked out.

 

“Your friends are just like you…dirty minds.” L teased.

I hit his arm, really hard, but he didn’t even flinch. I am so having my revenge once I turn into a vampire. Just you wait, Kim Myungsoo.

He chuckled and grabbed a hold of my wrists. “You know that doesn’t hurt me even a little bit. Let’s go, ok?” He intertwined our hands and walked out of school as well.

 

As we were walking, we passed by our house. “Oh, this is our house.” I pointed.

He smiled. “Now, I know where you live. Your place is near to our destination.”

“Where are we exactly going?”

“You’ll know.” He gave my hand a light squeeze.

After walking a little more, we stopped in front of a house. “Is this the house the seven of you are staying right now?” I asked.

He shook his head. “The seven of us stay in an apartment near our school.”

Then, what is this place? We walked to the door; I can sense his nervousness, I wonder why. He took a deep breath before knocking. My curiosities were answered once the door opened.

 

The lady, who seems to be the same age as my mom, gasped. Tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. “Yeobo!!!” She called. Who I assumed her husband, then appeared beside her. The man’s eyes widened.

“M-myungsoo?!” He asked.

Tears were already running down L’s cheeks. He nodded. “Yes, Appa and Eomma. Your first child, Myungsoo, is standing right in front of you.”

His mom gave him a hug, a hug that doesn’t want to let go, and she sobbed. He hugged her back and cried as well. His dad hugged the two of them.

 

“Dad, Mom, what’s…” A voice from the house trailed. “H-hyung?” His voice cracked.

“Moonsoo-ah, you’ve grown up.” He commented.

Moonsoo ran to them and joined the hug. “Hyung, where have you been?! We were all so worried.”

“I’m sorry. You guys know what happened to me; I couldn’t risk the possibility of hurting you, but I’m back now. I won’t ever leave again, I promise.”

“Let’s get in the house. I’ve noticed you have a friend with you.” His mom turned to me. I politely bowed.

“Omo, we’re so sorry!” His father apologized.

“Oh no, sir. It’s okay. I’m happy to see L reunite with his family. I’m Shin Seolyeon, by the way.” I said as we settled ourselves on the couch in the living room.

“Hyung, is she your girlfriend?”Moonsoo asked which made me blush.

 

“Well, you see…” He started to tell them how we met and revelation of the truth about the two of us. “And now we’re back in town, we study in her school.”

“It seems pretty cool to be a vampire! Noona, aren’t you scared of hyung?” I didn’t know his brother could be so talkative and hyper, totally opposite of L.

I shook my head. “He and his friends are harmless even though they’re not humans.”

“I believe you’ll take care of our Myungsoo well.  I trust you.” His dad said.

His mom nodded. “We approve of you, Seolyeon-ah. I already know you’re a good person by the moment I saw you. Our son is lucky to have you. Anyway, how are the boys?”

“Same crazy boys, as ever. I’ll bring them over some time.”Myungsoo said.