Chapter 6

The Vampire and Six Half-vampires

After hours of sitting and listening to our lessons, the bell finally rang. Thank goodness, it’s finally lunchtime! I packed my stuff and turned to the boys.

“Do you guys have packed lunch or are you going to buy at the cafeteria?”

“We have our packed lunches.” Sunggyu said.

“Good. Follow me.” I turned to my friends. “Guys, I have some business to take care of. I’ll be at the rooftop.”

Rooftop is the only place without students. It will be a good place to talk. If we’re in the cafeteria, it won’t be peaceful enough, knowing that they’re pretty popular on their first day. As soon as we stepped out of our room, girls almost throw themselves at the boys. I rolled my eyes. I bet if they know they’re half-vampires, they would run off scared.

 

As we reached our destination, I turned to them and went straight to the point. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Well, you said we can go out to the city once L learns to control himself.” Woohyun said.

“I know that. I mean, is it necessary for you guys to attend school? Girls are killing me with their glares!”

“Well, we thought we could spend more time with you if we attend school as well.” Sungjong said.

“And don’t worry about those girls. I’ll make sure none of them can hurt you.” Hoya grinned.

“Before I forget, can you guys not use your powers? What if you guys get caught?”

“Revelation of our identity isn’t really a big deal for us. It’s just the people’s reaction we’re worried of. What if they think we’re monsters who are dangerous and decide to kill us?” Sunggyu said.

“You guys are harmless.”

“Everyone doesn’t think like you.” Dongwoo said.

“They might let the six of us off, since we’re half-humans. Worry about your boyfriend!” Sungyeol said.

“He’s not my boyfriend!” I retorted, cheeks blushing.

“Yet.” L added. I gave him a look, but he smiled lovingly at me in return. Aish~ this guy!

I looked away and changed the topic. “Let’s just eat our lunch.” We sat in a circle and started digging in our food. L was just watching us. I stopped eating.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him.

He shook his head and smiled. “I’m fine.”

“I know you don’t like drinking from me, but you should tell me when you need it. It’s not like we have any other choice.”

“Animal blood is my other choice.”

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo, don’t be stubborn! You should be grateful that she’s willing to help you. You know you can’t survive with just animal blood.” Woohyun said.

“I’m not really hungry right now, though.” He stretched before he lay and rested his head on my lap. I flicked his forehead.

I turned my attention to Woohyun. “Woohyun-oppa, I didn’t know you could be greasy.” I cringed at the memory.

“You have a lot to know about us. Hey, wait! You just called me OPPA!!!” He did a victory dance.

I rolled my eyes. “Why is it a big deal for guys to be called oppa? Anyway, I should be calling you guys ‘ajussi’ or ‘halbae’! You are all way hundred years older than me!”

“But we still look handsome, don’t we?” Sungyeol said.

“Ask that to your fan girls if you want to hear a good answer!” I meronged.

“Hey wait, what about me?! It’s just been six months since I turned into a vampire so I’m technically not that old yet. And you don’t think we’re handsome?” L sat up and gawked at me.

“You guys are just so-so.”

“Liar.” Sunggyu smirked.

“What?” I raised my brow at him.

“Ey~ hyung read your mind! You think we’re handsome!” Sungjong said.

“I’m not really sure how she thinks about the six of us, but I know how she thinks of L.” He said.

What is he talking about? I didn’t say or think anything about L.

“When L ‘kidnapped’ you, I can still read your mind even though you’re far. When you woke up, you said something about him especially after seeing him under the daylight.”

I finally remembered. Oh gosh, please don’t embarrass me. “Oppa, you should be on my side.” I pouted, trying to use my aegyo.

“Tell us! Don’t fall for that!” Hoya said. I gave him a glare.

“She said he’s gorgeous and very good-looking.” As soon as Sunggyu said that, L gave me a teasing smile.

“That was before! I changed my mind about him!” I denied.

“It’s alright, Seolyeoni~ because no matter how many times you change your mind about him, he’ll still be your future partner in life~” Dongwoo cooed.

I made a face. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. I can’t believe I will be stuck with him forever.”

 

We chatted until we heard the bell. We walked back to our room and I saw my worried friends.

“Are you alright?” They asked.

I chuckled. “Guys, I told you, they’re harmless. Trust me. You should start getting along with them. You’re my friends and they’re my friends as well.”

“For you Seolyeon, we will.” Gayoung said.

“Thanks.” I gave them a smile before going to my seat.

 

After our science class, it was our PE time. Everyone headed out to change into their uniforms and to the gym. When Gayoung, Raim, and I were done, we spotted the two boys by the bleachers and sat with them. The Infinite boys arrived as well and walked to us.

“Uhm…hi, Seolyeon’s friends.” Sungjong started.

“Hi, I’m Raim! You guys are really handsome!”

“I’m Gayoung. Please take care of our Seolyeon.” She nudged Yohan.

“Gil Yohan. I’m fine being friends with you guys as long as none of you try to hit on my Gayoung.”

“Lee Hyunsoo. Same here, don’t try flirting with Raim.”

 

The two mentioned girls gave them a hit on their arms. The seven guys just chuckled at them. L took a seat beside me; I rested my head on his shoulder.

“You guys should just start dating.” I told my friends.

All of them snickered at me. “Dating? Talk about yourself. I think we have to give these two some privacy.” Raim said as all of them walked away. I stared at them, dumbfounded, as they all followed her. “I can’t believe them.”

“Are you tired?” He asked as he curled my hair behind my ear.

I chuckled lightly. “I’m not used to this…skin ship thingy…I’m not even a clingy person, but I don’t know…I just feel like it with you. Is this an aftermath of your bite?”

“Maybe. I don’t really have an idea if vampire bites have effects.”

 

(A/N: How is the story so far? Are you guys liking it? Is it lame?)